Microsoft Remote Desktop 10
Developer: Microsoft Corporation
Current Version: 10.1.4
Last Updated: 11 days ago
Download Size: 17.1 MB - Download
Use the new Microsoft Remote Desktop app to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your administrator. The app helps you be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access first by download the Remote Desktop assistant to your PC and let it do the work for you: https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
• Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server
• Access remote resources published by your IT administrator
• Connect remotely through a Remote Desktop Gateway
• Secure connection to your data and applications
• Streamlined management of your connections from the connection center
• High quality video and audio streaming
Learn more about remote desktop apps at: https://aka.ms/rdapps.
In this release we fixed the following issues:
• Improved the reliability of downloading remote resources.
• Fixed scenarios where the incorrect error code was returned when name resolution failed.
• Added an option to set the color quality of the connection.
• Fixed a number of bugs affecting RDP file launch scenarios.
• Addressed scenarios where the mouse cursor would disappear.
• Fixed graphical issues with some apps running in the remote session.
If you encounter any errors, you can contact us via Help > Report an Issue.
Most Helpful Reviews
Much appreciated improvement - I have been using it just for a few minutes but I’m impressed with the new interface. I only entered my remote PC name followed by my login credentials and that was it for the setup. This version feels much snappier than the old version. I like the more native and integrated feel with the rest of the Office apps. Overall, I’m quite happy with this version.
Useless... - This “update” is pure garbage. All they did was to change the design and call it a new app so they can improve the 3 stars they had before. They should have 2 stars instead. SINCE 2014 people have been having trouble getting the app to recognize 2 monitors and they still cant get it together. Microsoft is such a dissapointment. If apple were to open Mac OS to any PC they would be long gone. So much they ask for feedback for nothing; thats why all your products are a failure. The only reason people use Windows is because there is no other option.
More Reviews for Current Version
Severe Battery Drain and CPU Maxing Out ….. AWFUL - This version is totally draining my battery and makes my CPU fan ramp up loud. In checking the energy consumption, it comes up with super high numbers. Current stats: Energy Impact: 316.9 (YIKES) Avg Energy Impact: 274.01 Real Memory: 352.6 MB Virtual Memory: 4.08 GB %CPU: 116.87 Threads: 30 Ports 402 Conext Switches 48023279 Faults: 74490698 (steadily rising, and the likely main culprit here) This is with only *2* remote desktop session running over a local network.
Needs Work - I love the fact that copy and paste keys now match the Mac. But screen resolution is a problem. Using a 2017 15" MBPro and setting display to ‘Default for this display’ yeilds text that is not nearly as crisp compared with version 8. If I manually set the resolution to match the display (2880 x 1800), the desktop deosn’t fit in the window … meaning I'm forced to scroll around to see the whole desktop, and the text is still not clear. When that problem is resolved I’ll be eager to switch just for the convenience of using Mac key combos in Windows!