MicroWave - Audio Editor and Recorder
Developer: Minyx Games
Current Version: 1.6.1
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 8 MB - Download
◉ Create absolutely stunning audio recordings
MicroWave is an indispensable multitool for working with audio. Whenever you need to trim a few seconds off a music file, record your thoughts, split an audio file into many smaller ones, make a voice note, record an internet radio station* or digitize old tapes - MicroWave is there to help. It's a tool as essential as a text editor. And because it's that useful no Mac should miss it.
With MicroWave you will be able to:
• digitize your beloved vinyl records and audio tapes
• record your voice
• record your favorite music from youtube/internet radio stations*
• create engaging interviews
• make great podcasts
• optimize and improve audio quality of those old charming vinyl records of yours
• convert unfamiliar audio files so you can enjoy them on your iPod (ex. ogg/flac to mp3)
• create your own unique and completely custom iPhone ringtones no one else has
• come up with gripping audio effects for your iMovie productions
• record captivating voice-overs for your slide shows
• and much more ...
◉ What our customers say:
"Great Application. Brilliant Support." - Hendrik, Germany
"It is really easy to use, intuitive, quick and the sound quality is really good. No negatives." - Biff, United Kingdom
"A good audio editor, pretty powerful and easy to use" - Luis, Spain
"It did exactly what I wanted it to and only had to look up help once. Great value for money!" - Ned, Australia
"Simple, fast, elegant and right to the point." - Rik, United States
◉ Detailed Feature List:
• Cut, Copy and Paste between multiple documents.
• Persistent marker support with automatic silence detection.
• Delete and Trim audio.
• Infinite and instantaneous Undo and Redo.
• Undo and Redo states are saved with the document.
• Supports importing of multiple audio files into one document.
• Supports full screen editing.
• Supports Stereo and Mono audio.
• Supports sampling rates 8khz - 96khz.
• Supports bit depths 8bit, 16bit, 24bit, 32bit.
• Supports conversion between all channel layouts, samples rates and bit depths.
• Waveform zoom levels from 100% down to 1:1 sample resolution.
• Supports editing of individual samples.
• Supports recording from built in microphone and line-in.
• Supports recording from any USB and FireWire Audio Device that is supported by OS X.
• Supports recording from other applications (like browsers, etc) and internet streams*
• Maximum recording length is only limited by free space on the hard drive.
• Fade In
• Fade Out
• Generate Silence
• Silence Selection
• Change Gain
• Normalize Audio
• Reverse Audio
• Delay (Echo)
• Peak Limiter
• Apply Distortion
• Graphic Equalizer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Band Pass Filter
• Multiband Compressor
• Matrix Reverb
• Change Pitch
• Dynamics Processor
• High Shelf Filter
• Parametric Equalizer
Supported File Formats (import and export):
• MP3 and OGG Vorbis
• M4A, MP4, AAC and M4R (iPhone ringtones)
• Flac Lossless
• Apple Lossless (ALAC) encoded M4A files
• WAV, AIFF and CAF
• Can import audio tracks from MP4 and Quicktime videos (but can not save video files!)
• Batch export: Splits document into multiple audio files based on markers.
• Supports meta data (ID3 tags, etc) export and import
• Detailed Manual included
• 24 hours support by email
• We're excited about user feedback and feature suggestions :)
* Please note that recording audio from the internet or other applications requires installation of the free 'Soundflower' driver - which doesn't take longer than 5 minutes. Detailed instructions can be found in the included manual.
- bug fixes and many new features
Most Helpful Reviews
elegant and efficeint - this is a great little app that does its job really well… for most editing and recording tasks, i use pro tools - but if i need something done quickly and easily and pro tools isnt open, i use this… its simple, fast, elegant and right to the point. I also recommended this app to a few tech-phobe colleagues for home voiceover recordings. Five stars.
Slowed computer, crashed, lost hrs of work - It was working but wow how poor! Was trying to paste together [email protected] min audios. Slowed everything else terribly, EVERYTHING slow, had to keep going to other work all day but that work was made slow. Had to hide it to let it work but each time I hid it, it temporarily made my computer unresponsive for several minutes. I finally got the four pasted together, the four M4A@ 80M files together were 3.5G tav! Then it crashed. And now it can't open the 3.5G tav file. Makes TAV files, unsure what they are, looking for another app to try to open the 3.5G TAV, microwave would take 30 mins or more to open it. GUI not very good, awkward or couldn't find how to do what I wanted, like expand a 2-min section so I could delete silent space accurately. Using Mac Mini Core2Duo 10.7.5 2GHz 4GMemory
More Reviews for Current Version
Really useful for my purposes - I think this is an excellent program for my uses. I want to make voice notes as commentaries on educational slide presentations, for later study in the car or via my smart phone. The product does this very well. I can down-convert the audio clips to lower quality in order to make the files much smaller while still keeping very good voice quality for my purposes. Clipping out pauses, coughs or other spurious material is easy (but could be easier and more efficient with some tweaking of the software). One minor flaw for my purposes is that I can’t pause the recording when I’m looking at a window of another running program (Powerpoint or Adobe PDF). So, if I’m scanning slides I cannot concurrently start and stop the recording. I don’t know if that can even be done due to practical aspects of OS limitations; so, this isn’t really a criticism of the MicroWave software. Just a desirable feature that isn’t there and forms a limitation. All told, I’m quite happy with the software and will use it a lot.
Old School Audio Recording App - This is a good, old fashioned audio record app with some really nice features. Many of the effects are very useful, rather than your average “toy set” of tools. I use this regularly for making announcement recordings, etc. Love that I can export to a variety of different formats. I have found it a be a dicey with Sierra, crashing on occasion, however, without data loss so far. Never happened under any previous operating system where this app is solid as a rock.
Great app, needs optimization - Great app: Looks beautiful, has exactly the features I wanted, but needs some optimization. I can play an 18-track song in Logic (with many real-time effects and virtual instruments) with flawless performance and metering. MicroWave struggles when playing a single stereo file. The audio is fine but the metering updates every half a second or so. The playhead stutters (visually), etc. When looping a sample and previewing effects, MicroWave feels like it’s on the verge of crashing entirely. Really struggles on my system. Those with the newest Macs might be fine. I hope to see this app updated for smoother operation on less than killer systems. All that said, I’m very happy to see an app like this available in the App Store. I used to rely on Cool Edit Pro (now Adobe audition) for sample waveform editing. No way am I paying a subscription for that! For the same price - but only once instead of monthly - I now have a good replacement. Sometimes you just want to deal with one file up close and personal - and via a beautiful interface. MicroWave is great for that. Don’t trust companies who don’t care about design! This app gets that right.
Very happy with this ap. Great for basic editing - I use this ap to edit music for my shows. I perform all over the world, on cruise ships, and variety shows. This ap is relatively easy and basic, and does everything I need it to do without being overly complicated.
electricwires - Slow at times but decent overall.