Current Version: 1.2
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 1.9 MB - Download
Melo is a simple, reliable and lightweight Last.fm scrobbler.
• Keeps track of everything you listen to on iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and in iTunes.
• You can exclude anything with powerful filters based on name, artist, album, genre, media kind, or comments.
• Just an icon in the menu bar. Stays out of your way.
• Uses a tiny fraction of your Mac's power.
• Every play counts, even if there is no network connection.
• Glance at the now playing song, tell the world you love a it, or quickly open your last.fm profile.
Take a look at the FAQ on the web site for more information about music on your devices.
- Runs beautifully on OS X Yosemite.
- Added support for custom iTunes library locations. Choose in Preferences.
- Fixed bugs and improved performance.
If you like Melo, please take a moment leave a rating or a review. It helps a lot.
Most Helpful Reviews
Perfect for what it does! - I wanted to write this review specifically in response to the other user that mentioned that it was a problem for Melo to work since they had a separate music/iTunes hard drive in their computer. I wanted to get Melo for a while and resisted because I have my music collection on a separate internal drive as well (Mac Pro) - I finally bought it to give it a try and it worked flawlessly despite the second drive. So, I can't guarantee it would work for your situation of course, but for me it worked great!
Terrible. - Doesn’t work with iOS devices - don’t bother. I lost a lot of syncs with this. Save your money. Search for last.fm 2.1.33 if you want a fully functional scrobbler.
More Reviews for Current Version
No Radio stream scrobbling - It does not scrobble radio streams played on itunes. This limitation needs to be stated for a paid app.
Perfect! - After going back to iTunes as my media player, I wanted to start scrobbling my listens again. The official Last.fm app had issues crashing, opening when it should and also scrobbling (which is just sad). I took a peek here in the App Store and decided to give Melo a try. It’s so simple and it just works! I haven’t had a problem with it crashing or scrobbling any of my listens. It’s worth the $.99!
Works great! - I love this app, I wish there was an option to disable scrobbles from my iPhone though..
Keeps me using Last.fm - I’d probably not update Last.fm anymore if it weren’t for this great app. Low system usage, slick UI, and it always scrobbles quickly without effort or errors. As a good app should.
Please, just add an option to turn off iPhone scrobbles. - It’s really insufferable to have to sync your phone to scrobble. I’d rather just turn it off entirely and use a laptop-independent scrobbler on my phone. I’ve been getting occasional duplicate scrobbles from just my Mac plays too, but I could deal with that if this obvious feature could be added. Everything else has been fine so far.