Developer: PalaSoftware Inc.
Current Version: 3.1.1
Last Updated: 10 months ago
Download Size: 9.7 MB - Download
MathBoard® Addition is the FREE "Addition Only" version of MathBoard.
MathBoard Addition is a highly configurable math app appropriate for all school aged children learning addition. MathBoard Addition will allow you to configure the app to best match the abilities of your individual child/student.
More than just standard drills, MathBoard encourages students to actually solve problems, and not just guess at answers. This is done by providing multiple answer styles, as well as a scratchboard area where problems can be worked out by hand. Students can also turn to MathBoard's Problem Solver for further help. This powerful teaching feature walks students through the steps required to solve equations. Additionally, the included quick reference tables serve as a valuable learning tool.
New to MathBoard 2.0 is the inclusion of Math Activities. These activities include Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality, and Match Math (a memory game). Each activity is based upon the current settings level, so the difficulty will vary based on the student’s knowledge.
- Number ranges are configurable, including the ability to require certain numbers to be in each problem.
- Number and order of displayed digits can be limited, allowing for equations to conform to certain learning levels (e.g. 2 digit numbers over 1 digit numbers).
- Generates simple equations, as well as single step algebraic equations. (e.g. 6+x=12; x+8=2).
- Intelligent problem and "wrong answer" generation makes guessing more difficult.
- Includes both multiple choice, as well as, fill in the blank style questions.
- Activities and quizzes can be timed, either as a countdown timer or elapsed time.
- Equation configuration settings can be saved for future use as well as shared with others.
- Multiple student profiles are supported. Includes the ability to save, review, and share the results for activities and quizzes with others.
- Problem Solver will outline the steps needed to solve problems.
- In addition to standard drills, activities are included (Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality and Match Math).
- Quick reference math tables for counting and addition.
• Bug Fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Nice little App - I really like this App. It has an attractive interface and the options in the preferences are well thought out. Great little free app that inspires me to purchase other apps from this developer~ as I can clearly see it is a quality product. My child is in second grade and gets very excited when we play MathBoard. I must say I was rather supprised because to me it seems to be yet another math drill application. But he really gets into it, playing it every morning. I believe the key to his success with it was the fact that I could turn off the timer, reducing his anxiety and frustration until he began to master the problem sets. Simple and effective learning tool, Highly Recommend trying it out. We plan on purchasing the more advanced program as he progresses.