Mango IRC - Chat client
Developer: Pavel Kanzelsberger
Current Version: 2.1
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 6 MB - Download
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet text messaging (chat) or synchronous conferencing. It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private messages.
Mango IRC is a completely redesigned chat client for your Mac OS X and with Mango IRC and Mango IRC HD also a great companion for your iPhone or iPad. You can keep in touch with your friends, developers or get support anywhere on the go.
* You can connect to multiple servers at a time
* You can connect to secure SSL servers
* You can connect using your own IRC bouncer (for example ZNC)
* You can join multiple channels at a time
* Private one-to-one chats
* Nickname and IRC command completion for faster typing
* Notifications showing you who joined or left the channel
* Notifications when you receive private message or somebody mentions you in different channel
* Messages are highlighted if somebody mentions you
* Tab based interface for each channel with notification badges so you won't miss anything important
* Visual user information (WHOIS)
* Nickname coloring so you're better oriented in public chats
* Console for important information received from IRC servers
* User list for each channel
* Network search for available channels
* URL hilighting with support for clipboard copying or opening in a web browser
* Revamped UI
* Added support for Retina displays
* Notification Center support on Mountain Lion
* Added menus and keyboard shortcuts
* Share interesting messages on Twitter or Facebook
* Fixed problem with resolving hostnames
* Overall performance improved
* Fixed scrolling behavior
* Minor bug and crash fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Total waste of money , I want a refund - I just bought this application, and it is a total waste of money, when you try and just add a server it pops up a a GIANT text box, where everything except the left side of the ok button is visible. In other words, you cannot even enter the server to connect to. And then 30 seconds later it crashes. This is both on a 13" rMBP and a 15" rMBP.. Don't waste your money on this, even though it is not that much.
More Reviews for Current Version
When oppening the App - and trying to add a server , the drop down fields for adding the server are too large to access and and the server. then the program crashes after trying to close. Needs to have its preferences checked within the app for default sizes of menu items and windows. And test toroughly with the newest osx version. Other than that Im sure it would be a good app if it would work.
Application quits - Using Mac OS 10.6.8, Mango quits out as soon as I attempt to join any server, so I cannot recommend it
Waste of money - The layout of this app was broken from the beginning. It is completely unusable. I want my money back - what a waste!
I'm NOT Blind! - OMG!!! When I started this app up all I had was super-massively large fonts for everything! When I went to the menu to try to shrink the font size down I discovered it was already set to "Smallest" and changing it to another (hoping it was backwards) only made the font even larger. I had to maximize it on my 22 inch monitor just to be able to see the host configuration window. Epic fail just based on font size - I'm not going to use one large monitor for this window.
Good app, some oddities, but overall good. - Here's my suggestions: - Allow me to send chanserv commands on login somehow. - Move the textfield for a given channel to the bottom. Its really weird with it up at the top. - If you're in search with some text in there, and go somewhere else in the app there's some weird FirstResponder problems, namely that it won't change. - Add some color configurations. The default colors are a little hard to discern from one another. ie: i'd bold user names first off. Love the overall design though.