Current Version: 2.2.5
Last Updated: 6 months ago
Download Size: 8.1 MB - Download
Utility to remote-check in one go one or several POP3 Mailboxes (i.e. Mailboxes you access through Emailer applications such as Mail, Thunderbird and the like) and fully manage their messages (inspect, delete, reply/forward/redirect etc.) before downloading them.
• Mailbox: it is possible to get the list of all its messages or a selection of them (ex. the last five messages, or messages from 7 to 11); and if you leave copy of them on the server, you can retrieve only the last (new) ones.
• Messages: of each message you can view its partial or full content; and when necessary, you can reply, redirected, forward or bounce it. Its attachments too can be inspected and downloaded to disk. Should you find any undesired message, you have the option to mark it as SPAM and to delete it.
• Databases: the SPAM database offers criteria to mark as SPAM incoming messages; while the White List database holds the addresses of friendly mails that --when checking mail-- will be marked as such.
• Import email addresses from Apple Contacts.
• Quitting MailboxManager, your Emailer application can be automatically launched to retrieve the remaining messages.
• Scheduled mail-checking supported. In such case, the application can work in background mode.
• For scheduled mail, Prevent App Nap may be enabled.
• In background mode, the Menubar may show the app icon and the number of messages received.
What the application does NOT do:
• IMAP not supported.
• gMail 2 steps verification (not yet) supported.
• The accounts are accessed one after the other. So if you are looking for an app that will show all the mails of all your accounts in a single list, the app is NOT for you.
Fixed some aesthetic issues in Sierra.
Most Helpful Reviews
Fantastic program - I have used a lot of email retrieval programs going back to the early 90s in both windows and OSX. This is an excellent program for OSX and shines in Lion. OSX doesn't have a lot of options for email retrieval programs, and it is refreshing to find such a gem. I had been using POP Monitor, but that program is no longer supported under Lion. That led me to this even better program. I have 8 addresses I check multiple times a day, and a few I want to check manually once a day, or weekly. This program allows me to customize my checking and is flexible enough to handle every type of email account I have. The only thing I miss from my days in Windows is the customized alerts/filters for individuals -triggering a wav/mp3/etc file when their email address is detected in the list. That was a program called MailAlert, which is not mac compatible. Other than that, this program far exceeds my expectations. It is small, fast, and highly customizable. The only place I can see it lacks is combining all the email search/retrieve into one window. Each account has it's own window which means a person needs to advance to the next mailbox manually. A small incomvenince for a great program. I hope this will become an option or even the default in the future. Great program!!!