Developer: Magican Software Ltd.
Current Version: 1.1.0
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 617 KB - Download
- MagicanFile is a professional program for Mac OS X that let you search and manage files on your disks.
Search files on disk
- MagicanFile supports files search in any directory in Hard Disk and Flash Disk, you may define partition or folder as demand; type the files’ name, format, size, created date and modified date; select “equal to”, “contains”, “starts with” or “ends with” to narrow or enlarge search portion, the type the keywords to search.
- It also supports select one or more matching terms when searching to improve search precision.
- * MagicanFile will not create and save any index or database cache on your disk.
Hidden files search supported
- MagicanFile can find files that spotlight can't, e.g. those inside bundles, packages and folders are usually excluded from Spotlight search.
Powerful file operation function
- MagicanFile supports abundant operation operations, such as Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete (Delete directly without remove to trash), Remove to Trash.
- It also supports “Create folder” and “Create new file”.
- It supports hidden files help you fully control your files.
- With MagicanFile, you may search and manage files easily and get a good experience.
Quick file path navigation support
- MagicanFile supports quick file navigation; you may come to the up folder by just press the certain folder name on path navigation bar.
Abandon right-click function
- MagicanFile supports right-click function, select the certain file, right-click on it, then you will get abandon function as Open, Copy, Cut, Delete, Remove to Trash, Quick Look and Property. All these are popular operation for files, just enjoy it.
Geek operate support
- MagicanFile is an extremely easy-to-use program, but we do not forget those geek users, we also provide a “Terminal” operate entrance to do anything you want in console.
-You could choose which application to open file with
-Support multiple file quick look
-You could modify the size of icon
-The file refresh thread is put into background
-When searching file, you could choose case sensitive or not
-The right click menu of searching result now support multiple open/remove/delete/quick look
-Open terminal in path which include '!' character is ok now
-Modified date sort incorrect bug
-Drag and drop bug in icon view
Most Helpful Reviews
Yes it looks a bit like Windows Explorer, but it does work - Never thought the UI in Leopard/Snow Leopard was stunning. Actually the Apple UI strikes me as drab to the point of boring. Nice to see something that looks a bit different. Oh, and it does work.
Hideous - Wow, this is the absolute ugliest interface I have ever seen. Just use the Finder.
More Reviews for Current Version
Awesome update! - I must say that the update was something I was waiting for, the looks of the app might not be the typical but it brings something different to OS X.
Slow - I have 3 external drives and this is a very slow file manager. It looked good, but..
Finds stuff Finder can’t find - I use a windows emulator that does funky things with my files when it stores them. And then I’m using some odd windows programs that are funky to start with. The result is that occasionally I’ll close an .exe file which will prompt me to save something…I’ll save it…it will tell me where…but when I go there it isn’t there, not even if I have hidden files revealed. But this puppy, a freebie, found ‘em; and Finder couldn't. Tonight, this app saved me from having to redo my taxes. If this app were a woman, I’d consider proposing.
Slow, Slow, Slow, but OK. - If you have several drive running, this program takes a long time to boot up. I have a total of 5 drives with nine partitions which makes MagicanFile take all of 3 minutes to open it window. I was hopping tu use it to do file searches, but it takes so long to come up, its useles for this purpos unless you keep it running all the time. I like the clean interface and the search, though slow, produce good results. For searching, the best is File Buddy, which has a whole lot of useful file features.
Nice app - Nice app, but IMHO, the speed is too slow