Developer: Synium Software GmbH
Current Version: 8.2.3
Last Updated: 13 days ago
Download Size: 194.4 MB - Download
MacFamilyTree 8.2 Launch Sale - 50% Discount until July, 31st 2017!
MacFamilyTree 8 gives genealogy a facelift: modern, interactive, convenient and fast. Explore your family tree and your family history in a way generations of chroniclers before you would have loved to do. MacFamilyTree helps you capture your family history and turns data and facts into conclusive reports and visually impressive charts. No matter how you want to illustrate your family relationships – MacFamilyTree 8 has the right solution for you, offering different types of reports, charts or the innovative Virtual Tree 3D view.
Brand-new and unique: CloudTree Sync&Share (macOS Sierra required)
MacFamilyTree 8.1 comes with the brand new CloudTree feature - it is now possible for the first time to work on the same family tree with any number of users and in real time. All changes to your tree will be transferred and available to all other users invited by you within a few seconds. CloudTree operates in compliance with the highest data protection standards.
Your possibilities are nearly endless – optionally synchronize your data via iCloud or CloudTree, access a huge genealogical online archive to assist your research, create websites and family books or do your research on the go with MobileFamilyTree 8, available separately for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
MacFamilyTree 8 Overview:
- well-structured, fast and easy-to-use user interface
- the new Interactive Family Tree: Lets you navigate your entire family tree, view all persons and families, and add persons directly
- CloudTree Sync&Share: Sync your tree with your own devices or share and collaborate with other users
- FamilySearch: Doing extensive research has never been more convenient - access the world's biggest genealogical archive with several billions of person and family records from the comfort your home.
- Genealogical research developed specifically for macOS in order to harness cutting-edge Apple technologies for optimized application performance
Display your family tree: Charts, reports, views, and lists
- Numerous chart and view options, such as the Hourglass Chart, Ancestor Chart, Timeline, Double Ancestor Chart, Statistics, Name Distribution (by first and last names), Statics Maps (based on Apple Maps), Fan Chart, Kinship Chart, Genogram or Globe
- Numerous report options, such as Person Report, Family Report, Kinship Report, Narrative Report, Places List, Events List, Special Features Report, Person Analysis, Anniversaries, Person Lists, Marriage Lists, Plausibility Report, Source List, Task List, Map Report, Descendant Report, and more.
- Use the Virtual Globe feature to see how your family has spread across the globe in the course of time
- The MacFamilyTree 8 Virtual Tree shows your family history from an entirely new perspective - a 3D perspective!
- Full retina support. The user interface and all charts and views support high-resolution screens for optimized display quality
Research and publish
- Use FamilySearch to collaborate with your relatives or millions of other users or browse billions of person entries, which you can download directly into your family tree.
- Publish your family tree free of charge at MacFamilyTree.com – optional password protection available.
- Interview contemporary witnesses and save your videos or audio footage along with your notes
- All charts and reports may be shared directly from within MacFamilyTree via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook.
- The Family Quiz: Find out just how well you know your family tree
.... and so much more!
- Support added to print to more than 32x32 pages
- Issues displaying labels fixed
- Children in the Fan Chart are now ordered correctly
- The Hourglass Chart hides information marked as private correctly
- Localisation updates
Most Helpful Reviews
Love This Update - One of the best features is the ability to create “Smart Filters” and save them. When your database begins to have 1000’s of name in it, it is nice to be able to query down your database to show only those people you want to see in your list. It’s also nice to query down your “To Do List” to show only a specific group of individuals that you are researching, however, the ability to PRINT a list using the subset of individuals can’t yet be done. Maybe in future updates, these data queries could be available for Reports and Lists as well. The ability to create a Report with a subset of individuals or to make a List with a subset of individuals would be really nice. Currently the Smart Filters are only seen when using the Person List. The new appearance and ability to change the appearance to your likes is also very nice. This is done with a new “Camera” view and the “Options” selections. The workflow has changed, and in my mind anyway, this new version is more intuitive than version 7 was. Source synchronization with FamilySearch is still ill handled through their “Source Box”. I had never used that feature on FamilySearch, since the SourceLinker applet is so much easier to use. However, I find it so easy to just attach the sources to MFT using the URL information for sites like Ancestry, FamilySearch, MyHeritage, etc. If the site is probably going to be “less permanent”, then I would attach the site information as an actual document. The ability to import these is simple, but I do wish that there was an ability to just paste screenshots and URL location into the app, like you can do with EverNote WebClipper. All in all, I could not wait for this update to come out! It really is the best app to use if you are a MacUser. I was using RootsMagic, their “Mac” version which is the Windows version running with or something like CrossOver). The program has been out for over a year and still glitches all the time, and doesn’t display source information well, do to “browser” issues. It’s nice to have a native Mac OS program like MacFamilyTree. I have had no sync problems, and store my database in iCloud, something that it is a REALLY nice feature if you are using this program on a desktop and also the laptop that you take to the Family History library, etc. There are nice features coming with RootsMagic, like synching with Ancestry and FindMyPast, from what I understand, though I am concerned about messing up the primary local database if there are too many options. Still, if it works, such as to bring Source information over directly to your individuals, this would be a nice feature. This program could use a better Tutorial, especially with how to do the “Sourcing”. There are SO MANY different ways though to create and store your sources, depending on type, etc. I also love the multiple fields to store “Notes” in events, facts, etc. However, you can’t just print out a list of notes for an individual or family. The Notes are only seen when doing a person report for example.
Sooooooo Slow - I am used to working with Legacy on a PC. It is really a great program. I bought a MAC, which I love, and had to find another genealogy program. This one seemed to be the best. But, I have had nothing but problems with it. It is extremely slow and unwieldily. It takes forever to move around. I also don’t like the relationship calculator as it only does it for a few generations - which I can easily do in my head. I upgraded to version 8 and can’t even get it to open. It just hangs up. I have 33,000 names and maybe that’s the problem, but I never had any problem whatsoever with the number of names on the Legacy program. I would not recommend this program.