MP3 Tag Encoding Converter
Developer: Jin jing Wang
Current Version: 2013.4.18
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 2.1 MB - Download
Encoding of the metadata of MP3 files can be properly recognized and converted by this application such that they will show up correctly inside iTunes.
* Built in encoding detector
* Batch converting a folder of files
* Simple interface (drag and convert)
* Add files to be converted by dropping them onto the dock icon or the application window
* Select the correct encoding by typing inside the encoding data field, if the correct encoding has not been chosen by the built-in encoding detector
* Check that all meta data of all the MP3 files are decoded and displayed correctly
* Click the "Convert" button
* Added Mac OS X 10.8 as a system requirement since this application does not work in earlier versions. This requirement is now enforced in the application plist file.
Most Helpful Reviews
Best Hebrew to UTF-8 app out there... - I had more than 14,000 song with Hebrew tags that would not show properly on iTunes. Using this app I was able to convert all the songs tags in a breeze. Excellent!
Completely useless - Worst app ever...
More Reviews for Current Version
Does what it claims simply and automatically - I threw thousands of mp3 files at this app in batches of 100 to a couple of thousand. The important thing is to realize that the app detects the encoding and will only offer to change it if it needs to be changed. Great tool. There are many apps like this for Andoird OS, but few in the Mac world. I think this could be a 5-star app with some improvements to the interface that communicate to the user what they should do, epecially indicating that the encoding will be detected authomatically. And, I think that sales would increase if it was priced at $2.99. It might be worth a try. I hope the developer will continue to enhance this very efficient app.
Broken on macOS Sierra - Title says it all, was probably broken on earlier versions, too.
Just works. - Saved my day! Thank you!