Current Version: 1.2
Last Updated: 2 days ago
Download Size: 8.5 MB - Download
Slide out Notification Center to quickly see key performance data for your Mac, such as CPU, Memory, Disk, Network and Battery. Click the charts to drill down and reveal more details. Click the Network and Disk Icons to view even more data.
Monit Widget is a modest, but ambitious, Notification Center Widget for monitoring your Computer.
Limitations due to AppStore sandboxing and other known issues:
○ An AppStore App is not allowed to read system sensors (SMC), so we cannot show detailed CPU temperatures and other sensor data such as fan-speed.
○ An AppStore App is not allowed to read all processes on the system. This means that the Top-3 App List will not necessarily contain the processes that are currently using the most resources. The List will however show the applications that are using the most resources.
○ MONIT will underreport Memory usage for Applications in the Top-3 List that spins of sub-processes which we are not allowed to read. In practice, MONIT is quite accurate given the sandbox restrictions it operates under, but for certain applications it will underreport. If you compare with Activity Monitor, you should compare with "Real Memory" and aggregate memory usage of sub-processes.
○ The Thermal Gauge uses an Apple API that does not seem to work properly on older Macs. On MacBooks from 2015 and later it appears to work fine.
● The Widget connects to an external host to get your Public IP-address. This is the only reliable way to obtain your address. No data is sent, only read.
● The Top-3 App List shows App CPU usage normalized (0-100%) across all CPU cores.
New: Settings for Dark or Light Theme
New: Settings to display temperature in Celsius or in Fahrenheit
New: Disk Menu item to open Storage Management
New: Show cached files in Memory panel
New: Colorized Disk usage
Fixed: Set Disk S.M.A.R.T. status to failing only if confirmed failing
Fixed: Other minor bug-fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Love this, very good resource monitor - Shows CPU, Memory, Disk, Battery (if applicable), and Network activity in a very simple UI. Each category can be expanded for additional details. The only thing I wish it had was temperature in the expanded CPU category.
Doesn’t work - Wish I could review the functionality, but it doesn’t work for me on my 13” MBP running 10.11. Only the Monit title bar ever shows in the notification center, and trying to manually results in a “Monit quit unexpectedly” dialog every single time. I’ve yet to be able to see this app in action.