Developer: CoreCode Limited
Current Version: 1.4.7
Last Updated: 7 days ago
Download Size: 9.1 MB - Download
MKV2MP4 is an application that can convert video files in the MKV container format to more compatible MP4 video files.
MKV2MP4 can convert files so fast because it doesn't re-encode the video data but just copies it into the more compatible MP4 container format. You can choose in the preferences whether you want highest speed for the audio conversion or the highest compatibility.
Because MKV2MP4 just copies the video data into the new container format there is absolutely no loss of quality, the converted files are pixel-perfect copies. Full-HD videos are fully supported.
MKV2MP4 can convert hundreds of files at once with it easy-to-use queue system and features convenience options for automatically adding many files without any further work.
MKV2MP4 features 3 modes of conversion. You can choose perfect compatibility for files that will play on every MP4 compatible player. Or you can choose highest speed and the files will still play on most player (notably except iOS devices). Additionally there is a custom mode where you can arbitrarily define how to handle audio conversion. There are also options for automatically adding files to the queue and removing them afterwards for batch handling. Most subtitles are fully supported as well (see F.A.Q.).
If your file contains a surround sound track you can use MKV2MP4 to generate files that play with perfect 5.1 surround sound on your supporting target device. MKV2MP4 even supports generation of files that play with surround on the AppleTV, which has special requirements.
*** SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ***
- Mac OS X 10.10 "Yosemite" or later
*** LIMITATIONS ***
- MKV2MP4 does not do video downscaling, it is not suited for converting HD videos for playback on (old) devices that don't support HD resolutions (like the iPhone 3G(S)).
- Some files (that contain too many ref-frames, 10-bit video or are larger than FullHD) will not play on some devices like the PS3 that don't support these features.
- MKV2MP4 does not preserve all audio tracks. You can select one audio track to convert and optionally include a surround version of the same language (if available).
*** WEBSITE ***
For more information please visit:
• Fixed rare conversion failure with "Too many packets buffered"
• Add options for custom conversion of unknown 5.1 audio-tracks
• Improve speed and quality by treating E-AC3 the same as AC3 audio
• Fixed detection of some 5.1 surround audio tracks
• Fixed problem related to parallel queue feature
Most Helpful Reviews
Incredible App - This app is incredible. It will turn your MKV files into mp4 files extremely fast. I used to use other programs that would take over 20 minutes to convert a file from MKV to MP4. Now it only takes under a minute. Another incredible thing this program does is it does not increase the file size from the original. I have used several other programs and they would make the MP4 about 1/3 bigger file size. This program has saved a ton of space and time on my computer. The developer keeps improving it all the time so I look forward to what they come up with next.
Hasnt worked since update - I really, really used to love this application but it hasnt been working for me at all recently. I havent been able to successfully convert a single video for the past month or so. I’ve tried several different mkv files, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting computer, etc but still cant get it to work. i just keep getting the little spinning thing and it doesnt get any further than that. :-(