Developer: Craig McPheeters
Current Version: 3.2
Last Updated: 7 months ago
Download Size: 9.5 MB - Download
LuckNews is a fully featured, easy to use, fast, free, news reader for your Mac.
Try out LuckNews - you'll appreciate its elegance. Some of its features are: folders,
search, notification center, easy navigation, full screen. There is much, much more.
• Article navigation is very easy - use the swipe gesture to advance to the next article. Most of your time spent using LuckNews will be spent reading the articles - this is made easy in LuckNews
• A simple interface. Easy to understand and use
• Enhanced for Retina display
• Organize your subscriptions into folders
• Article Search. Quickly search for articles that contain keywords
• Retrieve RSS subscriptions that were in Mail before Mountain Lion (prior to 10.8)
• Supports Notification Center
• Read articles offline
• Import/Export of OPML files (OPML is a subscription interchange format)
• Able to display RSS content in any language
• Online help is available at the support site
LuckNews has many additional features and nice touches which need to be used to be appreciated. LuckNews has been designed to provide a quality news reading experience.
LuckNews is completely free. There are no in-app purchases.
• several small fixes to improve user interactions
Most Helpful Reviews
Great app - This is a really nice news reader app. It’s easy to use and configure. I use it to read the blogs of all my cruising (sailing) friends. It is much easier than going to each site in a web browser.
It would be great if you could add more than 8 feeds - You have to purchase extra capacity if you want more than 8 feeds which is fine if it would just let you do this but all I get is a message telling me it can’t connect to the App store. I hope they get this worked out.
More Reviews for Current Version
Simple, clean and works great. - I just wanted a simple reader to look at a handful of blogs and continually changing web pages, and this fits the bill perfectly. It’s easy to add pages. You can quickly see which sites have updates, and review them one at a time. I like that it’s easy to designate viewing the page in its native web format. I also appreciate that I can see when a page last updated—and therefore quickly identify blogs that have gone dark. And hey, the price is perfect.
Great RSS Feed App - I really like LuckNews, I’ve been using it on multiple Macs for several months now. Updates feeds very quickly. The app design is very nice, if I were to request any changes it would be to have the option of changing the article’s headline layout, for example removing the grey background and then having the option of opening the feed article in the applicaiton rather than the external browser woudl be super. But overall an excellent feed reader that competes well with the paid ones that are out there.