Developer: Nicholas Zambetti
Current Version: 3.2
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 1.6 MB - Download
LiveView is a specialized network screen viewing application intended as a tool to help designers create graphics for mobile applications. It is also useful for creating quick interactive demos and experience prototypes.
• Develop pixel–perfect graphics for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad quickly and easily with a live view of your canvas/artboard while you work in any Mac application.
• Interact with software prototypes and demos running on your Mac to communicate and iterate your concepts quickly by controlling your Mac's cursor via touch.
1. Download and install the LiveView apps on both your Mac and your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad
2. Open LiveView on both devices while they are connected to the same WiFi network
3. On your Mac, choose your iOS device from the LiveView Network Browser. Place the window frame over the portion of the screen that you wish to screencast.
• While LiveView for Mac is hidden, it will continue to screencast in the
background so you can use other applications.
• For increased performance, connect directly to your Mac via a computer-to-computer WiFi connection.
• Not only useful for design, LiveView has also been used to press on-screen buttons on your Mac from afar, carry a portion of your Mac's screen across the room, or save screenshots of your Mac's screen while viewing it on your iOS device.
Note: There is a bug in this version which prevents LiveView from refreshing the screen. Until a solution is found, LiveView will still work by manual refresh when you would like to update the screen. Pressing Shift+CMD+R on your Mac will cause the screen of your iOS device to update.
Most Helpful Reviews
Indispensable app for this UX dude. High five to the developer, you earned my $10! - I’ve been using LiveView for a couple years now and I can say without a doubt that it has made my life easier. To be honest, I was baffled that the developer didn’t charge for the apps until now. Along with a handful of other products like Dropbox, this is one I wouldn’t even think twice about buying. The only nice-to-have feature I can think of would be auto-alignment of the LiveView viewport. Considering how difficult of a feature that would be to build, I’m not expecting it any time soon. PRO TIP: impress your client/boss/friends by handing them an iPhone and let them watch as you edit in realtime.
Does not work after paying - Used to be consistent and great when it was free. Upgraded and paid for it and I am yet to have it work even once. I wish to support them but this really needs to be fixed big time .. will update as soon as a working version is available.
More Reviews for Current Version
I hate to be negative nelly here…. - Same issues as before… after update (and purchase) - app won’t work. Screen doesn’t appear… buggy, etc, etc. If this worked, I’d give it 5 stars… but - it’s not working - again and again. Pulling hair out now.
Apple Disable Interactive mode - Works Now - Update - 2/19/15 I changed my rating from 1 to 4 because the update now has functioning Interactive Mode. I didn’t give it a 5 stars because of 2 reasons. First, there is a slight lag (which is acceptable). Second, and larger reason is that there are no way to save preferences for landscape mode and display size. I have to change it every time. Again, response from the author is great and the app is now worth the $10! ——————————— The main reason I downloaded this program was because of the good reviews about how well it work in interactive mode. (There are many free apps that can display pictures). Unfortunately, Apple disable the interactive feature and waiting for a resolution in the next update. This app is useless to me at the moment. Until the feature is added, I want to leave this review here so others can see it before downloading and wasting their money. The response from Nicholas on questions was very quick.
What happened to this once great app... - I haven’t used this app in about a year and had to purchase it again for some reason. That didn’t bother me because I know it’s a great, app least it used to be. It now constantly loses connection and is nearly worthless besides a quick glance here and there. Yosemite/iOS8 bugs need to be suqashed big time for it to be useable again. Just wasted $10.
Simple and effective - Simple and effective for previewing work. Love it.
Works as advertised - Very impressive app, it’s truly unique and worth the attention of any app designer. Thanks.