Live Home 3D
Developer: Belight Software, ltd
Current Version: 3.3.3
Last Updated: 29 days ago
Download Size: 330.3 MB - Download
Live Home 3D is the most intuitive and feature packed home design app, a successor of Live Interior 3D. It doesn't matter whether you're a homeowner who is planning some upcoming home improvements or a professional designer trying to bridge the gap between ideas and visualization. Live Home 3D can help you.
• Create detailed 2D floor plans.
• Beautiful real-time 3D rendering.
• Build up to two stories with a loft.
• A collection of in-depth video tutorials.
• Built-in Help Assistant and free, quick tech support service.
• Project Gallery with house projects and sample rooms.
• Native Support for Live Interior 3D Projects.
Floor Plan Tools
• Draw complete rooms using Room tool.
• Use Arc and Straight Wall tools for drawing walls.
• ‘Auto outline’ vector-based 2D representation for furniture.
• View real-time measurements for walls, ceilings, and floors when drawing in 2D Plan view.
• Select the necessary measurement units (inches, feet, meters, etc).
• Use smart Dimension tool to set the distance between underlying objects or walls.
• Precise positioning thanks to smart guides and object snapping.
Real-Time 3D Environment
• Adjust the lighting, add and move objects, apply materials, and more right in 3D.
• All changes, made in 3D or 2D, are rendered in 3D in real time.
• Walk through your 3D interior.
• Set multiple cameras to see the house from different point of views.
• Achieve natural lighting by setting up true Geo position, daytime and overcast.
• Adjust light fixtures throughout your project to get realistic lighting scene.
• Create corner windows and complex openings using the program advanced technology.
• Level of details tool allows to optimize 3D object and speed up the project.
• Professional Shadow Map technique makes shadows look soft and natural.
3D Models and Materials
• 1,500+ furniture and other models.
• Import models seamlessly from Trimble 3D Warehouse™ (previously Google 3D Warehouse™).
• 2,100+ supplied materials.
• Drag and drop any image from the Finder to apply it to any surface as custom material.
• Set the exact size of a material tile to know how much of the material is needed for your house renovation project.
• Import objects in SketchUp, COLLADA, KMZ, FBX or 3DS formats by simply dragging and dropping them into your project.
Roofs and Dormers
• Roof Assistant with 12 customizable roof templates.
• Add custom segments to fully customize your roof.
• 16 customizable dormers.
Export and Share the Result
• Share the result to Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo or YouTube.
• Export 3D views to JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and BMP.
• Share 360° Panorama JPEG images to Facebook.
• Render a realistic video walkthrough.
• Create Stereo 3D Video, 360° Video and even Stereo 3D 360° Video.
• Quickly send a copy of your project via Mail, Messages or AirDrop.
• Export the entire project or selected objects to COLLADA, Trimble SketchUp™, VRML Version 2.0 or X3D format.
• iCloud support.
Upgrade to Pro with In-App Purchase to get more
• Unlimited floor levels.
• Elevation view.
• Custom shaped roofs.
• Polygonal-based Block tool for drawing balconies, porches, and more.
• Export to 3DS, FBX and OBJ formats.
• FOV (field of view) and parallel camera projection.
• Export quality extended to Ultra HD for movies and 360° Panoramas, and to Hi-res (16000x16000) for still shots.
• Edit furniture in SketchUp.
• Advanced material editor.
• Light editor helps to add a light source to an imported objects.
• Added support for SketchUp 2018.
Most Helpful Reviews
I love it - After searching the web for a while I came across this app. It really impressed me from the start and it’s not an easy task, trust me. As a professional designer, I sometimes need to make a quick presentation for my client. My very first project I managed to accomplish in less than an hour, and that’s without watching any tutorials! Interface is remarkably easy to navigate, menus are clearly labelled and intuitive, love the camera features and its customization. I will need to explore the export into video 360 and panorama 360. These are promising features, especially if you want to share your work on Facebook. Live Home 3D is an excellent value for the money. Overall 5 Stars.
AWFUL! - I bought this software because it offered me the opiton to import a PDF of an existing floor plan so I could draw over it. That was the ONLY thing that worked. Every other action produces results that are just inexplicable. The most frustrating software I have ever used. And on top of that it continually crashes my system.
More Reviews for Current Version
Except, why do the walls keep disappearing? - It is intuitive and really does some complex designs even with the $29.99 version. HOWEVER, I am having problems with the walls disappearing. Why do I end up with sky where there was a wall at one time? Does it have something to do with the stairs since I’m building a rather tall structure? I would love to know.
Price is Very High, In My Professional Experience - This is a great, super basic home-design app to create rough sketches with, but it a little tricky to navigate when trying to create specific designs for your home - say, cycling through different hand rails for a deck or editing the terrain to have your home partially built into a hillside (which is my family’s current situation). It only allows flat, ground-level plain editing and designing… which is super annoying, because I don’t think I’ve ever lived in a home that wasn’t built on some sort of hillside. From what I understand, by paying the full $70 ($30 now, $40 more upon opening the application), you can obtain access to the “Pro” version in which many of these things are possible. However, I can’t justify paying almost one hundred dollars for a design app when there are a million different design websites that can do it for free. I, personally, would say use a free website (there are LOTS). If you have an extra $30 and some free time to spare, this app can be fun. However, be aware you are very limited in your building capabilities and materials without paying the full $70 and the graphics are very basic “90’s tech” or “Minecraft” type graphics—arguably not enough to truly imagine how a home would appear in real life due to such boxy and pixilated animations. Even IKEA stores have a design center now with computers that allow you to quickly design some floor plans for free. If this application was able to edit the terrain surrounding the home, in regards to terrain elevation and such, could upgrade their graphics and animations a bit, and could offer more in materials and capabilities without having to pay $70, then this app would be five stars. Having used other websites for free with nearly the exact same capabilities as this app, I can’t seem to justify paying such a high price for this program. Thanks!