LastPass Password Manager
Developer: LogMeIn, Inc.
Current Version: 3.24.0
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 9.8 MB - Download
LastPass keeps all your passwords organized in one safe place. Secure your passwords or generate new, strong passwords. With LastPass, you only remember one password - your LastPass master password. Keep your passwords secret, and use LastPass to automatically fill out your logins, wherever you go.
Download our free app today and join millions managing passwords with LastPass – you’ll wonder how you lived without it!
NEW TO LASTPASS?
Download LastPass now and get the protection you need completely for free. You can use LastPass across all your devices, including phones, tablets, and personal computers, for free.
LASTPASS PASSWORD MANAGER FEATURES:
AIRTIGHT PASSWORD STORAGE
- Store all your usernames and passwords for all of your online accounts behind your LastPass master password
- Sync all of your passwords and logins across all your devices
- Quickly search for logins from your vault
CREATE SECURE NOTES AND STORE PHOTO, VIDEO & AUDIO
- Store memberships, IDs, software keys, & other sensitive data
- Favorite notes for quick access
- Add secure photos and custom audio to your notes
ADVANCED SECURITY PROTECTION
- AES-256 bit encryption keeps your passwords and notes safe
- LastPass never has your encryption key – only you know your password
- Get emailed when other sites and services have been hacked
- Multifactor authentication: LastPass uses multiple methods of authentication to verify your identity
- Offline access to your vault
ORGANIZE AND SHARE PASSWORDS
- Organize sites by folders in your vault
- Conveniently share passwords with others
- Log in to Safari and Chrome extensions online
- Plan ahead and give trusted family or friends a way to access your vault in case of an emergency.
- Add security and require a waiting period during which you can decline an Emergency Access request to your vault.
- Once access is granted, your vault syncs as a folder to their vault.
- Create secure passwords using the built-in password generator
- Set custom password length, and integrate capital or lowercase letters, symbols and numbers
- Set passwords to be pronounceable
CURRENT USERS: GET MORE WITH LASTPASS PREMIUM FOR $12 A YEAR
- Share a folder of logins & notes with others, with a Shared Family Folder
- Premium multifactor authentication options for more security, such as YubiKey
- 1GB encrypted file storage
- Priority tech support
- And more
Business owners can download LastPass Enterprise to secure their business and share passwords safely among employees.
LASTPASS ENTERPRISE CREATED SPECIALLY FOR BUSINESSES
- Add and remove employee accounts from the Admin Console
- Sharing and storage of passwords among team members is simple & secure
- Configure security policies to restrict access and set requirements
- Active Directory integration for automated user provisioning
- Learn more at https://lastpass.com/enterprise.
With LastPass, keeping your password safe is simple. Simply lock all of your passwords away in your vault, and use your LastPass password to sign in to all your accounts. Use LastPass for document storage, password protection or workplace security. Our password locker can handle it all.
Download LastPass today!
This release adds an optional hotkey to Quick Search, to copy the username, and support for an additional 2FA option for enterprises. Also, it fixes Touch ID being disabled on macOS High Sierra, and a couple other minor bugs.
Most Helpful Reviews
Great app. I don't understand the negative reviews - You certainly can edit and see your passwords from this app. You can copy your passwords effortlessly. It allows me to have complex passwords for my applications that run on my mac (not just web passwords - like Think Or Swim trading platform). You can set it to remember your master password for your laptop which is fine for me as my laptop is in a secure location - so logging in is painless. Synching works, Launching works. Editing works. What else can you ask for?
LastPass is amazing. This app, not so much. - The Mac app is terrible. Lags behind. When I try to read a note I just saved, it frequently refuses to display the note. It logs me out unexpectedly and tends to log me out of the browser extension too every time it fails. I’ve had it ramp up to 70% CPU use for no apparent reason. More often than not, the Mac app thinks my entire vault is empty when I log in and won’t let me do anything unti I “add some sites.” (I’ve been using the browser extensions and iOS app for three years. I have plenty of sites.) And the security check function has nothing to work on, since the rest of the app doesn’t realize it has data. Quit / restart / quit / restart ad nauseum. Then, all of the sudden, the gods smile on me and let me open my entire password vault—right from the app. But then the lagging responses start in again. For all the amazing work that has gone in to the iOS app and browser extensions, I know they’ll figure it out. Just not today.
More Reviews for Current Version
Fix an issue, create 12 more - They finally fixed the menu bar icon issue (4+ updates later), but now the application window won’t ever open. The menu bar icon (after being used once), will remain highlighted and prevent the menu from ever working properly again. The acutal app won’t ever launch either. The only way to get back into the “vault" is to force quit from activity monitor or use their spotlightesk shortcut to seach lastpass. This company seriously needs a QA team. Only reason why I put up with this anymore is that they made most of the features free.
Defective. - Downloaded this because I needed to grab an attachment from a secure note on a machine that didn't have the obnoxious browser plugin installed. What's the ONE FEATURE that didn't work? You guessed it: Downloading attachments. Consistently failed. Every attachment I tried, every attempt I made. Wound up polluting my machine with the heinous browser plugin to get the attachment in question. After uninstalling this pile of fail, that is. (Also, I uninstalled the browser plugin as well, of course.) None of this would have been necessary if I could download an attachment from the web site of course, but that's not a thing they support for some reason. You just get an obnoxious error about needing their binary plugin. What the actual F***. I mean, if the content of the secure note is in a text field, I can access it from the web site, but somehow attachments are speshul? This whole exercise has given me a stark reminder of why I prefer 1Password.
Not working after the last two updates - Bug list: * Quick search shows up near the left-bottom of the screen. * Quick search becomes unresponsive and grayed out. * Quick search shows the searches, but they become unclickable. * Quick search starts receiving keyboard inputs, but only up to 3 characters and becomes unresponsive. * Vault opens, but it’s just a grayed out box with no content.
Setting up new sites-Horrible Use once set-Fine - Setting up new sites is a Horrible experience and has not changed in my years of using this program. It tries to be automatic but does not dependably store the information it needs to when you are creating a new site. I’ve had to use forgot password on new sites way to many times. A couple times I had to abandon that login and create a different one. Most login creations are different than the logins which makes it all worse. The site creation needs to be more manual, interactive and editable while you are creating the login. Just magic where It’s worked or not and screwed you just does not cut it.
Outstanding - Finally, an affordable cross platform password manager with the features, performance, security and visual appeal to not just take on 1Password, but to actually surpass it. After three months of dual managers, LastPass and 1Password, LastPass will be my only password manager from today forward. Goodbye 1Password.