Current Version: 7.3.1
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 473.6 MB - Download
Easily create gorgeous presentations with Keynote, featuring powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects that will make you a very hard act to follow.
The Theme Chooser lets you skim through an impressive collection of 30 new and updated Apple-designed themes. Once you’ve chosen the perfect canvas for your presentation, simply replace the placeholder text and graphics with your own words and images. Easy-to-use tools let you add tables, charts, shapes, photos, and videos to slides—and bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Use Keynote Live to present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from iCloud.com.
With iCloud built in, your presentations are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
With Keynote, you have all the tools you need to make an amazing presentation quickly and easily.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a presentation at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Keynote on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Keynote for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Engage your audience with interactive charts and chart animations
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Quickly open password-protected presentations using Touch ID on supported Macs
Easy-to-use graphics tools
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Professional-level graphics tools
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Free-form curves, shapes, and masks
• Connection lines
• Beautiful cinematic slide transitions for easily creating stunning presentations
• Magic Move effect to easily animate and morph graphics
• Gorgeous slide transitions including Clothesline, Object Cube, Object Flip, and Object Pop
• Impressive text and object animations including Trace, Vanish, Crumble, and Fade and Scale
• Emphasis builds let you add impact with one click
Present to your audience
• Customizable presenter display with support for up to six displays
• Recorded narration
• Keynote Live lets you present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from icloud.com
• Create self-running, interactive shows for kiosks and displays
• Control your slideshow from iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or iPod touch with Keynote for iOS
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and icloud.com
• Use Keynote for iCloud to access and edit your presentations from a Mac or PC browser
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your presentations to anyone nearby
• Export presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, QuickTime, HTML, and image files
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Keynote does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Most Helpful Reviews
Saying Bye To PowerPoint - Following in the footsteps with Pages comes another great addition to the iWork suite, Keynote. If you use PowerPoint, you will not be disappointed by using Keynote. After using PowerPoint since version 2003 through the latest 2013, I dumped it. Microsoft doesn’t seem to get UI design and putting the features you need up front and clutters it all up in the “ribbon” interface, which I have found is more confusing to use, not just for me, but others too. Keynote brings all the features I need for my presentation creation forward. Not too mention some awesome animations and options to make it professional when need be, or fun and casual too. The interface is clean and neat, not to mention organized, and allows you to focus on your project and not be overwhelmed by the amount of options with PowerPoints ribbon in your face, which can be collapsed, but that just doesn’t cut it. The ability to export ppt and pptx (and others) format with Keynote is great too if I need to share my presentation. Thanks for making Keynote all I need for my presentations. Superb product!
So much worse than previous version - I’ve been using Keynote from the very first version and each new version has been an improvment over the last. Sadly that is no longer true with this version. Version 6.1 is a major step backwards. This latest version emphasizes a clean, uncluttered interface over functionality. Unfortunately a clean interface is a nice goal but not if it takes several clicks to do what used to take just one or two. With the past version I could simply go to the Toolbar to change the font, size, color, or just about any parameter for the selected object. With version 6.1 the Toolbar is merely a link to the Inspector and it now takes several clicks to make even simple changes to an object. And the overly aggressive autocorrect is unbelievably frustrating. I am a scientist/professor and teach college science courses. I don’t expect autocorrect to recognize the scientific terms in my slides. Unfortunately Keynote insist on autocorrecting words it does not recognize no matter how many times I click the “X” in the autocorrect pop-up. Presumably this should tell Keynote to not autocorrect the word but it does not work. Bottom line- I spend more time fighting/wrestling this version of Keynote than creating with it. This is a truly horrible “upgrade” - even worse than using Powerpoint! Version 5 was so much better.
More Reviews for Current Version
Use the Duplicate Feature - Supermagnetman: use the duplicate feature. Even if you forget to duplicate before making changes to your previous week’s presentation, choose duplicate, rename and it will save. Then go back to the first presentation and undo all the changes. Unlike Word, you are able to undo changes even after a save. Try it. To others, I’ve been using Keynote for over a year. With a few exceptions, I love it. It works well, is smooth, doesn’t crash.
I support Supermagnetman’s comment: Where is SAVE AS? - Keynote is a fantastic program over Power Point which I never use now. I can even mimic some functions that Ai does. However, this missing “SAVE AS” feature is beyond annoying. I agree it should be there…like every other program in the universe.
Files stored on Network volumes are absolutely glitched out and crash-heavy - The latest version has nearly ruined my ability to save and access files from a network volume. No coincidence that today after updating to 7.3.1 I’ve experienced no fewer than 10 total hangs and crashes on my macPro 2013. Finder becomes totally unresponsive as well. I’ve pinpointed the culprit being keynote when it is open with a file that is stored on a networked volume. Give me a break Apple.
Lots of compatibility/installation issues - Here are the issues our staff (n=25) is having with the whole new OS/Keynote updates: 1. Frozen App Store - some people can’t update to High Sierra because the app store keeps freezing. 2. Glitchy App Store - some people can’t log into their Apple accounts because the verification code denies the pw, but the dialogue to enter the varification code doesn’t pop up, thereby creating a circular loop of wrong pw/need verification code. 3. Frozen Keynote app - spinning wheel of death when trying to update the new Keynote. 4. Last but not least - some people with the newest OS and newest Keynote cannot open decks while others with the newest OS/Keynote can! Mind blown.
Tried to install but it doesn’t work - I tried to install several times but the only think you see is the spinnig wheel. It does not download the lates version. It is disappointing.