Kerberos Ticket Autorenewal
Developer: Evgeny Khomyakov
Current Version: 1.1
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 1.6 MB - Download
Keeps Kerberos tickets always actual by automatically refreshing them using the saved password.
Kerberos is commonly used in corporate environments as a mechanism behind Single Sign-On (SSO) which allows to use intranet resources without entering password every time.
• Automatic Ticket Renewal — if a ticket expires (or disappears for any reason) the app will instantly get another one using the password saved in Keychain.
• If you choose not to save any password for the ticket, the app will still use passwordless renewal (`kinit -R`) when possible, keeping the ticket actual until maximum renewable lifetime of the ticket runs out.
• Changing Expired Password — displays notification when Kerberos password expires and allows to change it.
• Multiple tickets can be maintained.
• Can optionally prevent others apps from changing the default ticket.
NOTE: If you plan to delete tickets (`kdestroy` etc), make sure to disable autorenewal first, otherwise this app will just instantly reinstate them.
• An option to keep the default credentials from changing (in Preferences).
• Fixed the problem when a credential might become missing after reboot.
• Get tickets whenever a new network is connected.
More Reviews for Current Version
An Easy Solution to a Tedious Problem - Excellent app. Grew weary of always managing Kerberos tickets in the mostly-Windows environment where I work, and this simple app takes care of that for me. The update improved the app in key ways. Really responsive developer—helped me work through a simple issue and improved the app quickly.