Developer: Steve Harris
Current Version: 1.2.1
Last Updated: 9 hours ago
Download Size: 8.2 MB - Download
Keep It is notebook, scrapbook and organizer, ideal for writing notes, saving web links, storing documents, images or any kind of file, and finding them again. Keep It is the successor to Together.
Available on Mac, and as a separate app for iPhone and iPad, changes are automatically made available across all your devices with iCloud. Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Create, edit, view and save:
• Notes with styles, checklists and attachments that look good and read well on all your devices
• Web links with live previews, or saved as PDFs for offline viewing
• Rich and plain text files, and Markdown documents
• Add any other kind of file, and see previews for most images, documents, web pages, and more
• See summaries and thumbnails in the list for most files
• Use icon view to browse items by their thumbnails
• Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately
• Share items with iCloud
• Folders let you organise things hierarchically — select a folder to see everything it and its subfolders contain
• Use bundles to gather items into one place — items can be in more than one bundle at a time
• Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition
• Add searchable tags and comments
• Make items favorites and drag lists to the Favorites Bar for quick access
Search and Filter:
• Search everything in Keep It: names, tags, file contents, dates, kinds and more
• Choose suggestions as you search to create complex searches with ease
• Use keywords and natural language for dates while searching
• Save searches for later reuse
• Use the Tag Filter to see all items with a tag and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further
Use Keep It with other apps:
• Compact Mode reduces the app to a single column, ideal for using alongside other apps
• Drag pretty much anything to Keep It
• Copy clickable links to items in Keep It
• Share extension can add links, text, images and other files, and append text to notes from within other apps
• Save files to Keep It’s folders to automatically add them to the library
• Use a bookmarklet to add links from web browsers that don’t use Share extensions
Keep It can be used with a paid subscription that you can purchase in the app. A choice of either a monthly or yearly subscription is available.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account following a free trial, unless you cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the trial period.
The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching lists.
- Fixed an issue where a thumbnail won’t be generated for a newly saved web PDF or archive.
- Fixed an issue where the preview could show “No Item Selected” when the main window is minimized.
- Fixed an issue where a saved search couldn’t be removed.
- Background colors can now be changed and are honoured in rich text files.
Most Helpful Reviews
I would say the best, but compared to what? - This is really the ONLY app for the Mac and iOS devices that stores any type of documents without having to use a third party service to convert them, organize all your stuff, and allows you to add notes with any kind of attachments, use hirarchial (nested) folders and sync with iCloud with ease and reliability. You can even insert tables and edit them (modifty number of cells, font, ..etc) in any note! I can highlight any text in any document, including emails and internet news sites, then right-click on it and select “share" and send that selection to Keep It (if keep it not in share menu, select more then from that list click the box next to Keep It). This function is available in Microsoft OneNote, but in OneNote to have this selection synced to my other iMac or my iPad for viewing later, I have to first launch OneNote and wait for it to Sync (through Microsoft OneDrive). To my surprise, my selection sent to Keep It on my iMac at work via the share extension appeared in my iPhone (Keep It Mobile) when I checked without launching Keep It on the Mac!! I also found that I can “print” a document then from the “PDF” drop down menu in the bottom left of the print window scroll to the bottom and choose “Edit Menu..”, then from the next menu click “+” and go to the Apps folder and choose “Keep It”. Now when I can save any document as PDF, and choose to store it in Keep It. Although I have started using it recently, it quickly became one of my essential and favorite apps. The ONLY thing I don’t like about it is that the user interface which is dated. It would be nice if the developer can make It look like some of the newer apps like Baer or Lifecraft, for example.