KONG - King of Drums
Developer: Nonlinear Educating Inc.
Current Version: 2.0.2
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 534 MB - Download
In 2.5 hours you will be making killer beats with Reason's incredible Kong drum machine...
KONG!! To name a drum machine Kong, you must have created something really powerful... and that’s exactly what the mad musical scientists at Propellerhead Software have done. This virtual beat making machine can do it all. And who better to tame the beast than Reason master Mo Volans: an authority on everything that makes sound in the digital world!
There are a million ways to design drum sounds in Kong using samples, physical modeling and synthesis. Mo explains how all these sound design techniques work together, along with Kong’s effects and modulators, to get us producing powerful drum tracks that are the foundation of any great production.
So if you want to know why Kong is the king of all drum machines, join Mo Volans as he shows us just how to get this beast of a drum machine blasting out beats that only "Kong: King of Drums" can produce. Run for your lives!
This tutorial, originally created in Reason 5, is forward-compatible with Reason 6 and beyond.
Table of contents:
01. Introducing Kong!
02. An Intro to Kong's Interface
03. An Intro to Kong's Rear Panel
04. An Overview of the Sound Generators
05. The Synth Bass Drum
06. The Synth Snare
07. The Synth High Hat
08. The Synth Tom
09. Synth Drum Pattern Demo
10. The Physical Bass Drum
11. The Physical Snare
12. The Physical Toms
13. Physical Drum Pattern Demo
14. The NN Nano Sample Player
15. Loading and Playing Samples
16. The Global Parameters
17. Velocity and Modulation Mapping
18. The Sample Editor
19. The Nurse Rex Player
20. Loading Loops into the Nurse Rex
21. The Loop Trig Mode
22. Chunk Trig Mode
23. Slice Trig Mode
24. Editing Slice Parameters
25. The Panel Parameters
26. The Noise Generator
27. The Tone Generator
28. Effects as Inserts
29. Buss and Master Effects
30. The Compressor
31. The Filter
32. Overdrive / Resonator
33. Parametric EQ
35. Ring Modulator
36. Drum Room Reverb
37. Tape Echo
38. Transient Shaper
39. Kong's Pads
40. The Information Window
41. The Quick Edit Buttons
42. The Pad Settings Area
43. Pad Groups
44. Drum Assignment
45. Hit Type
46. Saving and Loading Kits
47. Kong's Audio Outputs
48. Kong's Aux Sends
49. Triggering via CV Gate
50. CV Gate Sequencer Control and Modulation
51. Using Kong as an FX Unit
52. The Concept of Sampling in Reason
53. Routing your Sampling Inputs
54. Sampling Directly into Kong's Pads and Devices
• Improved User Interface and Experience.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
• Compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and newer.