Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC
Developer: Phase Five Systems
Current Version: 7.0.7
Last Updated: 16 days ago
Download Size: 17.9 MB - Download
Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere. Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you securely connect to any computer in the world. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
* Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to configure; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Jump encrypts the connection between computers to ensure privacy and security. Automatic connections are always encrypted by default. Supports NLA, TLS/SSL encryption for RDP. SSH Tunnelling and SSL/TLS encryption for VNC.
* Supercharged Productivity:
Use Mac keyboard shortcuts in Windows. Seamlessly switch between computers without changing the way you use the keyboard. Vastly improves productivity. Fully customizable: Configure your own shortcuts or use the built-in defaults. No other app comes close.
* Integrated into macOS
Quickly search and launch computers directly from Spotlight. Tightly integrated into macOS's power saving technology to give you the best battery life on the go. Tabbing support.
* Super fast and beautiful:
Powered by one of the fastest VNC and RDP engines on the planet. Multi-core, hardware accelerated rendering for zippy performance. Optimized for MacBook Pros and iMacs with Retina display
* Multi-protocol: supports RDP, VNC and Fluid Remote Desktop
* Full international keyboard support for RDP, VNC and ARD
* Dictation support (Mountain Lion and later)
* Tabs (macOS Sierra and later)
* 3 different ways to zoom and pan the remote screen (really useful when controlling multi-monitor remote systems from laptops)
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Built-in SSH tunneling for RDP and VNC connections
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012/R2/2016, SBS Server, Windows 10
* RD Broker and Load balancer support
* RD Gateway support
* Dynamic resolution updates (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Desktop Scaling (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Multi monitor support
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
* Printing redirection support (including a optional , super-fast server side-driver)
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* Folder sharing
* International keyboard layouts
* Tested with macOS 10.5+, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black and white, Grayscale, 8-bit and 16-bit color modes to help manage bandwidth
* Clipboard syncing
* Multiple monitor support
7.0.7 is a bug fix and stability update:
* Fixed: RDP: Delay while syncing clipboard
* Fixed: RDP: RD Gateway connections may fail after the first connection attempt
* Fixed: RDP: Printing: Don't override the default printer setting on the remote computer
* Fixed: VNC: Clipboard fixes
* Keyboard fixes for Cyrillic keyboards
Most Helpful Reviews
skip the msft app - You need an app for RDP remoting and you’re thinking Microsoft knows RDP. In theory they know Outlook too, but really they’ll just feed your nostalgia for random dialogues holding up your machine on shutdown, begging you to send in an error report and increment Microsoft’s counter labeled “our garbage is garbage." Their Remote Desktop app is no better, although I got an email asking me to sideload some alpha replacement for it. Yikes. Spend the money and save the time.
Shows popups, nag screen - Works as advertised but shows popup nag screens asking the user to rate the app. Cheesy gimmicks like that are expected in a free iPhone game but unacceptable in a $30 desktop app.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great - Excellent way to talk toremote Macs for me. I did some port juggling to redirect incoming connections to the right machine. Works well from other side of the globe Reliable and stable. Note to the developers - do not over complicate this product. It works well as it is. All too often simple problem solvers like this are morphed into highly complex apps that most people do not need. Thanks
If you RDP a lot this is worth it - If you’re RDP’ing all the time then this is the app for you. A lot of flexibiitly, very fast, printing and mapped drives just work, can’t ask for anything more. Minor bug: Let’s say you were disconnected from Shimo VPN (for example whne laptop wakes up from sleep). Also, you were connected to a remote RDP server over the VPN connection. Shimo VPN reconnects after waking up. Jump will sith on “Reconnecting” for an excessive amount of time instead of detecting that a new interface is up. It should immediately retry once it detects the new int is up.
Excellent apps… easy to use - My friend showed me RDP and asked me to use Microsoft Remote Desktop. Since I work on my macbook pro, the software is not user friendly. I decide to pay for this app. Boys !! it’s so easy to login my VPS. Now I can work anywhere in the world using 1 IP address to avoid security screening
Excellent remote application - I cannot work without jump desktop. It’s an amazing remote control application.
Excellent Remote Application - As a remote user, this is what makes my work life enjoyable. The one thing I would want back from an earlier version is to have my remote computer appear locked. Right now, if I remote into my machine, anyone that would walk by my computer could essentially see everything on my screen while I am working on it. I have to turn my monitors off to prevent others from seeing my computer logged on while I work remotely.