Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC
Developer: Phase Five Systems
Current Version: 7.0.5
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 17.8 MB - Download
Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere. Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you securely connect to any computer in the world. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
* Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to configure; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Jump encrypts the connection between computers to ensure privacy and security. Automatic connections are always encrypted by default. Supports NLA, TLS/SSL encryption for RDP. SSH Tunnelling and SSL/TLS encryption for VNC.
* Supercharged Productivity:
Use Mac keyboard shortcuts in Windows. Seamlessly switch between computers without changing the way you use the keyboard. Vastly improves productivity. Fully customizable: Configure your own shortcuts or use the built-in defaults. No other app comes close.
* Integrated into macOS
Quickly search and launch computers directly from Spotlight. Tightly integrated into macOS's power saving technology to give you the best battery life on the go. Tabbing support.
* Super fast and beautiful:
Powered by one of the fastest VNC and RDP engines on the planet. Multi-core, hardware accelerated rendering for zippy performance. Optimized for MacBook Pros and iMacs with Retina display
* Multi-protocol: supports RDP, VNC and Fluid Remote Desktop
* Full international keyboard support for RDP, VNC and ARD
* Dictation support (Mountain Lion and later)
* Tabs (macOS Sierra and later)
* 3 different ways to zoom and pan the remote screen (really useful when controlling multi-monitor remote systems from laptops)
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Built-in SSH tunneling for RDP and VNC connections
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012/R2/2016, SBS Server, Windows 10
* RD Broker and Load balancer support
* RD Gateway support
* Dynamic resolution updates (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Desktop Scaling (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Multi monitor support
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
* Printing redirection support (including a optional , super-fast server side-driver)
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* Folder sharing
* International keyboard layouts
* Tested with macOS 10.5+, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black and white, Grayscale, 8-bit and 16-bit color modes to help manage bandwidth
* Clipboard syncing
* Multiple monitor support
7.0.5 is a bug fix and stability update:
* Fixes stability problems when connecting to redirected RDP servers
* Fixes an issue that prevented tags in the sidebar from being rearranged
* More RDP resolution fixes
* Keyboard mapping and layout fixes (particularly for RDP connections)
* Mouse cursor might freeze occasionally
* IPv6 fixes for automatic connections
* Clipboard syncing improvements
* Stability improvements
New In 7.0:
* Tabbing support on macOS Sierra!
* RDP Dynamic resolution updates and new desktop scaling options when connecting to Windows 8.1+ or Windows 2012 R2+
* More powerful key mappings - including the ability to remap entire modifier keys
* Better support for international keyboards - particularly for Fluid based connections
* Fluid performance updates
* Many bug fixes and stability updates
For the complete list of new features click 'Help' -> 'Show What's New'
Most Helpful Reviews
skip the msft app - You need an app for RDP remoting and you’re thinking Microsoft knows RDP. In theory they know Outlook too, but really they’ll just feed your nostalgia for random dialogues holding up your machine on shutdown, begging you to send in an error report and increment Microsoft’s counter labeled “our garbage is garbage." Their Remote Desktop app is no better, although I got an email asking me to sideload some alpha replacement for it. Yikes. Spend the money and save the time.
Buggy and lacks features for what it charges - Tags are poorly implemented. Not only does the app crash when creating new tags, there’s no simple method to add a tag to mulitple machines. You need to go into each and every machine you want assigned a tag. It’s also hit or miss with the app crashing when adding the tag to every few machines. Additionally, there should be SSH connections support. How can you charge $30 and there’s no SSH support!? If you’re managing multiple RDP sessions, it’s extremely likely that you also SSH into machines as part of your job. Finally, how is there no setting for global resolution and/or credentials? I should be able to set a default resolution vs having to change it for each and every machine I have. Also should be able to set a default login for all my RDP sessions.
More Reviews for Current Version
Simply Amazing - I have been a user of Jump Desktop for several years and many versions (Both OSX and IOS). The developer is constantly improving the application, regular updates and fixes.. Very responsive to issues with quick fixes. There are few apps out there that I buy that I also feel deserve a positive review and this is one of those few. The application works well, does exactly what it is supposed to do. The developer is constantly improving the product. What more can you ask for!
Use it everyday - I manage servers that are geographically diverse both in and outside the US. I have found this the most reliable means of connecting to and remotely operating a wide variety of Windows servers.
Great product - Very happy with Jump. The price seemed high at first, but being able to easily remote in to work means it pays for itself almost immediately. The full screen functionality with Windows 10 is really nice. I've yet to have any issues after daily use for a few months now. A few coworkers are also using it now due to my recommendation.
Excellent application - Unlike their competition, this application is versatile, fast, and constantly bettered, and updated. The best RDP/VNC client I have found, and one I can wholeheartedly recommend.
Excellent tool, good support - Excellent tool for managing a variety of devices and remote access types. Very well supported and regularly updated. Recommended!