Jump Desktop (RDP, VNC, Fluid)
Developer: Phase Five Systems
Current Version: 7.1.2
Last Updated: 24 days ago
Download Size: 20.9 MB - Download
Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere. Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you securely connect to any computer in the world. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
* Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to configure; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Jump encrypts the connection between computers to ensure privacy and security. Automatic connections are always encrypted by default. Supports NLA, TLS/SSL encryption for RDP. SSH Tunnelling and SSL/TLS encryption for VNC.
* Supercharged Productivity:
Use Mac keyboard shortcuts in Windows. Seamlessly switch between computers without changing the way you use the keyboard. Vastly improves productivity. Fully customizable: Configure your own shortcuts or use the built-in defaults. No other app comes close.
* Integrated into macOS
Quickly search and launch computers directly from Spotlight. Tightly integrated into macOS's power saving technology to give you the best battery life on the go. Tabbing support.
* Super fast and beautiful:
Powered by one of the fastest VNC and RDP engines on the planet. Multi-core, hardware accelerated rendering for zippy performance. Optimized for MacBook Pros and iMacs with Retina display
* Multi-protocol: supports RDP, VNC and Fluid Remote Desktop
* Full international keyboard support for RDP, VNC and ARD
* Dictation support (Mountain Lion and later)
* Tabs (macOS Sierra and later)
* 3 different ways to zoom and pan the remote screen (really useful when controlling multi-monitor remote systems from laptops)
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Built-in SSH tunneling for RDP and VNC connections
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012/R2/2016, SBS Server, Windows 10
* RD Broker and Load balancer support
* RD Gateway support
* Dynamic resolution updates (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Desktop Scaling (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Multi monitor support
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
* Printing redirection support (including a optional , super-fast server side-driver)
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* Folder sharing
* International keyboard layouts
* Tested with macOS 10.5+, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black and white, Grayscale, 8-bit and 16-bit color modes to help manage bandwidth
* Clipboard syncing
* Multiple monitor support
Fixed graphical glitches on macOS 10.13.2
Most Helpful Reviews
skip the msft app - You need an app for RDP remoting and you’re thinking Microsoft knows RDP. In theory they know Outlook too, but really they’ll just feed your nostalgia for random dialogues holding up your machine on shutdown, begging you to send in an error report and increment Microsoft’s counter labeled “our garbage is garbage." Their Remote Desktop app is no better, although I got an email asking me to sideload some alpha replacement for it. Yikes. Spend the money and save the time.
Shows popups, nag screen - Works as advertised but shows popup nag screens asking the user to rate the app. Cheesy gimmicks like that are expected in a free iPhone game but unacceptable in a $30 desktop app.
More Reviews for Current Version
It works… so much better - I have used other products to RDP to Windows boxes, but Jump Desktop has worked the best for me. The open source products are free, but buggy; for me, they crash often and lag on updates. The Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Clients (all the versions!) are not configurable if you need to use different ports, etc. And they also randomly fail to connect in my environment - so far my team has had no luck in determining a root cause. I am very happy with this product. It is worth the money to be able to connect reliably. It is fast and the UI is easy. I know it is a small thing, but the ability to dynamically resize the window is a feature that is sadly lacking in the Microsoft clients.
Best of them all!!! - Hello, I have been using Jump Desktop for years, absolutely the best remote desktop app out there!!! A++++++
Updates keep deleting my entire computer list... - I have 30 or so computers set up and synced with iCloud. For a while, everything was great. One day, they were gone, so I had to set them up all over again. Today I open Jump Desktop on my Mac, and they have disappeared again. This is extremely frustrating because every time I add them back one-by-one, I also have to re-input my password for each computer on each device! Batch editing them does not save the password for my other devices. You are ruining your product with every update that causes this to happen.
Best remote tool - I have been using remote software for many years, this is by far the most reliable and well executed software in the market. I use it to connect from Mac to Mac, Mac to Windows and vice versa, iOS versions also work great in iPhone and iPad. It ALWAYS works and has all the features I need. Big thankyou to the developers, you make my work really easy and enjoyable.
Best Remote Desktop Managment tool! - I have used a few different tools, but Jump Desktop works! All the time, and no random restarts..