Jump Desktop (RDP, VNC, Fluid)
Developer: Phase Five Systems
Current Version: 7.1
Last Updated: 16 days ago
Download Size: 20.9 MB - Download
Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere. Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you securely connect to any computer in the world. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
* Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to configure; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Jump encrypts the connection between computers to ensure privacy and security. Automatic connections are always encrypted by default. Supports NLA, TLS/SSL encryption for RDP. SSH Tunnelling and SSL/TLS encryption for VNC.
* Supercharged Productivity:
Use Mac keyboard shortcuts in Windows. Seamlessly switch between computers without changing the way you use the keyboard. Vastly improves productivity. Fully customizable: Configure your own shortcuts or use the built-in defaults. No other app comes close.
* Integrated into macOS
Quickly search and launch computers directly from Spotlight. Tightly integrated into macOS's power saving technology to give you the best battery life on the go. Tabbing support.
* Super fast and beautiful:
Powered by one of the fastest VNC and RDP engines on the planet. Multi-core, hardware accelerated rendering for zippy performance. Optimized for MacBook Pros and iMacs with Retina display
* Multi-protocol: supports RDP, VNC and Fluid Remote Desktop
* Full international keyboard support for RDP, VNC and ARD
* Dictation support (Mountain Lion and later)
* Tabs (macOS Sierra and later)
* 3 different ways to zoom and pan the remote screen (really useful when controlling multi-monitor remote systems from laptops)
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Built-in SSH tunneling for RDP and VNC connections
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012/R2/2016, SBS Server, Windows 10
* RD Broker and Load balancer support
* RD Gateway support
* Dynamic resolution updates (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Desktop Scaling (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Multi monitor support
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
* Printing redirection support (including a optional , super-fast server side-driver)
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* Folder sharing
* International keyboard layouts
* Tested with macOS 10.5+, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black and white, Grayscale, 8-bit and 16-bit color modes to help manage bandwidth
* Clipboard syncing
* Multiple monitor support
7.1 adds macOS High Sierra compatibility and new features:
* Copy paste files and folders for RDP connections.
* New connection icons
* Customize default printers for RDP connections
* SHA256 fingerprints when identifying SSH servers
* Sidebar usability fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
skip the msft app - You need an app for RDP remoting and you’re thinking Microsoft knows RDP. In theory they know Outlook too, but really they’ll just feed your nostalgia for random dialogues holding up your machine on shutdown, begging you to send in an error report and increment Microsoft’s counter labeled “our garbage is garbage." Their Remote Desktop app is no better, although I got an email asking me to sideload some alpha replacement for it. Yikes. Spend the money and save the time.
Shows popups, nag screen - Works as advertised but shows popup nag screens asking the user to rate the app. Cheesy gimmicks like that are expected in a free iPhone game but unacceptable in a $30 desktop app.
More Reviews for Current Version
Works great - This is a solid product. Works great. Loads fast. Never have any issues with it. Worth every penny. The version on the iPhone is good too.
Easy to Use and Works - Although I personally had a hard time paying for something I could get for free from Microsoft, Remote Desktop, I’ve been a Jump user since 2014. Jump is extremely easy to use and works well. MS RD just never worked as smoothly or reliably. Note, this may have changed over the years, but I have no reason to go back and check. I routinely use Jump to connect to Windows and Macs around the world, and more often than not the performace feels as if the computer is right next door. Little things such as printing, etc. just always seemed to work better in Jump than they did in MS RD. The iPad and iPhone versions of the software work just as well although admittedly I use them considerably less than I do the desktop software, but the are great for logging in and checking the status of certain services / projects.
I Love Jump Desktop - I love this app because it allows me to setup our company laptops and allows me access to our employees company issued laptops if they should have problems. I don’t have to have them meet me in the office. This is a great remote connection program for a really decent price!!
Shows popups, nag screen - Jump Desktop is a well-named. Click the app’s icon and it basically *jumps* up and down in the dock for a good 1-2 minutes before launching. Also, it shows popup nag screens asking the user to rate the app. Cheesy gimmicks like that are expected in a free iPhone game but unacceptable in a $30 desktop app.
Excellent Product - Well worth the money. Most stable of it’s kind I’ve used.