Iron Sky: Invasion Lite
Developer: TopWare Interactive AG
Current Version: 1.5
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 584.9 MB - Download
+++ Game info +++
“Iron Sky: Invasion” is a dynamic space fighter simulator, built out of passion and love for classic space sims, and enhanced with strategy and RPG elements. The core of the gameplay is based on ship-to-ship dogfights, combined with assaults on giant spaceships (including the enormous Space Zeppelins), as well as tactical thinking and resource management.
A nod towards the immortal old-school classics, the game has been created by their fans and for their fans, to combine their timeless concepts with modern graphics and performance. The players take control of Earth’s fleet and join its allied forces, as mankind valiantly defends the Blue Planet from vicious invaders and their armada of deadly UFOs, coming from the depths of outer space.
+++ Gameplay +++
The players' spaceships can roam freely in space and attack enemy vessels; various weapons and equipment are at their disposal, from laser cannons and missiles to handy drones and satellites which can be launched from certain ships. The vessels are also equipped with military countermeasures, to protect them from enemy fire. The players can access a tactical map of outer space, to spot the positions of the invaders or any ongoing battles, and thus instantly know where to fly. The ultimate goal is to destroy the enemy's secret ultimate weapon, and to keep the Earth safe from the attackers.
“Iron Sky: Invasion” comes with a humorous story, enhanced by a rich musical score and live actors' performances – and a touch of politics as well. Various nations will offer unique missions, yet to accept or refuse them is up to the player. Some missions tempt the players with special rewards, such as precious upgrades, or even brand new ships.
The players can dock at allied space stations to recharge weapons, purchase upgrades or even switch ships. Numerous advanced vessels can be controlled in the game, from the heavy Australian “Dundee” bombers, to the experimental UK “Spitfire” fighters. The availability of some ships depends on the completion of certain missions.
The ships’ sub-systems can be further upgraded in space hangars: for example, upgrading the offensive systems will increase the number of weapons and boost their power, while an engine upgrade will improve the ship’s speed and range of interception. Upgrades require special resources, which can be scavenged from destroyed enemy units or found in outer space.
• Unique, genre-busting gameplay - space flight and combat simulation, with elements of RTS
• Breathtaking 3-D universe filled with awe-inspiring effects to match those of the film, courtesy of the powerful GRACE 2 (TM) engine
• Avant-garde game structure: with no division into single missions, “Iron Sky: Invasion” is one giant, open-world battle
• Advanced Artificial Intelligence to challenge even the most crackshot pilot
• Massive upgrades: home station docking opens a user-friendly game economy allowing players to access hundreds of ship upgrades
• Non-stop action of spectacular ship-to-ship dogfights to rival even the greatest space battles of science fiction lore
- Intel Core 2
- 2 GB RAM
- Mac OS X10.8
- Shader 3.0 and 256 MB RAM
- 4 GB HDD space
- Keyboard, mouse, internet
Most Helpful Reviews
Bowie - I love the game its awesome, best I’ve ever played. can’t fault the game at all!!!!!!!!...