Instant: The Polaroid Instant Photos
Developer: ThinkTime Creations LLC
Current Version: 3.1
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 18.1 MB - Download
Experience the magic of Polaroid instant photos on your Mac. Introducing Instant, the officially licensed Polaroid app on Mac.
Instant brings the fun of Polaroid instant camera to your desktop. "Re-shoot" your digital photo with Instant, or take pictures directly from the build-in camera, watch it develop as the image fades into existence just like in the old days!.
- Realistic and fun UI and workflow. Instant mimics the workflow of a real Polaroid instant camera. Drag and drop your photo on to the camera, a view finder will pop up. Carefully select your field of view and click 'Shoot'. A picture framed with Polaroid classic border will slide out. Wait for it to "dry". Slowly the developed picture will finally show!
- 30 vintage effect filters including 10 classic Polaroid filters. Each filter can adjust intensity, vignette, emulsion and blur effect.
- Add hand-writing comment on the border, just like the really thing. Choose from 10 elegant hand-writing fonts. User can add their own fonts. Comment can be rotated and rescaled freely.
- Pictures can be saved in original resolution with print quality, or in fixed size.
- Effortlessly upload and share on facebook, twitter, flickr, tumblr and picasa.
Don't hesitate to play. Try any picture you want, as many as you want. Because every picture of yours deserves an Instant treatment.
Instant supports JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF & BMP file formats.
Polaroid, Polaroid Classic Border Logo and Polaroid & Pixel are trademarks of PLR IP Holdings, LLC, used under license.
- 2 new Polaroid filters!
- Fixed the bug that some images were loaded sideways.
- Fixed flickering issue on some versions of OS X
Most Helpful Reviews
Polaroid? Why Polaroid? - Polaroids were lousy photographs - poor color saturation, low dynamic rage, and came only in one size. The film came in bulky canisters, was expensive and took fewer shots per pac than conventional cameras. Plus, the early ones required you to run a sticky, smelly fixative stick over them once they were developed. The Land camera was bulky and lacked many features of much cheaper cameras. None of which matter - Polaroid was selling an experience, not a picture. The fun was in the doing - hearing the film eject from the camera and watching it slowly appear before your eyes; even it's funky look was cool. That's why they were popular; and have a devoted following today. This app captures that experience perfectly - drop in a picture and watch it slowly turn into a Polaroid before your eyes, complete with the white trim to scrawl a note on when it's done. You can chose the Polaroid style you want form the app and then save the results so you can share with friends, just like the old days (except now you can keep the original as well). The real value in this app is not making Polaroids - it's what you can do with the results. make a cool collage on your desktop. Print some out and pin them to your wall at work or school - they're sure to elicit some comments. Lighten up that slide show, presentation, flyer or poster with some different types of pictures than the usual digital camera shots. It's a handy tool to allow you to add some creativity and humor to your pictures; and well worth the price.