Developer: Tal Shrestha
Current Version: 1.1.5
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 2.3 MB - Download
*** Highest rated lyrics finding app on the Mac App Store ***
Instalyrics is the quickest way to find lyrics. Just click the icon and Instalyrics will instantly find a website with the lyrics.
Instalyrics will automatically refresh the Safari tab with the lyrics to the next song.
• Find lyrics for songs in any language
• Easy to use well-thought-of unobtrusive design
• iTunes, Spotify, Rdio, Radium and Sonora
• YouTube, Last.FM, GrooveShark and Rdio
• Lyrics are opened in Safari
• Instalyrics automatically updates the Safari tab with lyrics to the next song
• Wirelessly detect what's playing on your Mac and get the lyrics right on your device (sold separately)
* Requires some accuracy in the title when playing from iTunes or YouTube.
* Instalyrics is not affiliated with YouTube, Spotify, GrooveShark , Last.FM, Rdio or Radium. The YouTube, Spotify, GrooveShark, Last.FM, Rdio and Radium logos are the property of their respected companies and have been used for informational purposes only.
* Attributions: MAAttachedWindow by Matt Gammell
- fixed "trial over" bug
Most Helpful Reviews
Amazing! - If the lyrics are avaiable anywhere on the Internet, this App will fine 'em- in a flash! I can play any song on my itunes list, click the Instalyrics icon in the top tray, and the lyrics appear almost instantaneously.
Really complicated and not at all intuitive. - Using sound hound makes more sense. This app is pointless. Nothing in an apple app should be this confusing. It bogs down my mac book pro.
More Reviews for Current Version
fun little app, works pretty well - Works pretty well most of the time - occasionally I’ll get directed to a wikipedia page or something without lyrics, but nine out of ten times I get an accurate lyrics page. I would really like it to work with Chrome, as it ends up being the only reason I ever open safari, but otherwise I dig it.
Just copy and paste... - I thought this app would display lyrics. It doesn’t. All it does is copy the song/artist info from your music player, open a browser and paste the info into a lyrics search. If I have to have my browser open anyway for this app to work, why can’t I just copy and paste myself? It’s annoying, too, because if I don’t have my browser open, it automatically opens it. Why doesn’t the developer just integrate a mini-browser into this menu bar app? Just scrape the lyrics from a site and present them in plain text; that’s what users want. I already have apps that find lyrics like this one does: it’s called Apple Safari and Google Chrome...
Does what it says it does. - Great app, so far no issues. Once and a while I’m directed to the wrong lyrics page if I am listening to something more obscure than usual. I think it would be beneficial to have the option to report a link as wrong, but I can’t complain. I’m happy with it.
it’s okay - It does what it’s supposed to, but it often botches the job with finding lyrics for Japanese songs that are actually in Japanese and not transcribed into the latin alphabet. This won’t be a issue for most users, which is also a problem that the iOS version of the app has. And, it would be better if opened up the lyrics as text in a tabbed window under the app’s button in the menu bar.
so good for me :) but one thing... - so far ~ I just found that if the webpage include music file embed which set as autoplaying, I listen 2 same songs at the same time. I hope this app make autoplaying music stop.