Developer: EyePower Inc
Current Version: 1.7.28
Last Updated: 6 months ago
Download Size: 3 MB - Download
Ink2Go is an extremely simple and powerful screen annotation and recording software. Using Ink2Go you can easily write on top of any other application currently active on the desktop, even on a running video. You can then save your annotations as an image file or even record the whole session as a video for sharing.
Ink2Go is a perfect tool for presenters to share ideas during a live session, for educators to create effective video tutorials and for salespeople to create impressive video presentations.
With 1.3 update, the toolbar can be changed to span vertically.
Go under the Ink2Go menu, the toolbar can be set to either horizontal or vertical orientation to fit your needs.
Previously In this version 1.2
1. Keynote’s Presentation Mode – Users are now able to use Ink2Go in Keynote’s presentation mode, without the need to configure the settings in Ink2Go.
2. “Interactive Whiteboard” feature – Ink2Go can now readily support Keynote’s presentation on an iPad when it mirrors (with the help of Air Display) the screen of a Macbook or iMac, allowing users to turn their iPads into Interactive Whiteboards.
3. Global Hotkeys – Users can use the global hotkeys to easily switch between annotation mode and writing mode, showing and hiding of toolbar, toggling between whiteboard and desktop, and to show and hide web camera.
4. Sliding Toolbar – Users can now minimize or hide the Ink2Go toolbar to the side of the screen for easy later retrieval.
5. Whiteboard and Blackboard – Users can now choose either white or black background when they are in the Whiteboard mode.
6. Saving of Tool Settings – Ink2Go will save the tool settings before the program exits so that the users can conveniently use the same settings in later sessions.
- Let you write, draw or highlight on any content being shown on the desktop from any app, be it a webpage, a slideshow or a running video.
- Save the current desktop with your annotations as an image.
- Record the desktop together with your annotations as a video.
- Record your voice from the microphone.
- Let you define a region of interest on the screen and only record within that region.
- Allow pause and resume during a recording session.
- Toggle the webcam view on/off for recording. For a video presentation, showing your webcam view might help you connect better with your audience.
- Toggle between your desktop screen and a whiteboard with just a single-click. Helpful when you want to quickly show your idea on a clean page.
- Let you create a new page to annotate without destroying the current annotations. You can easily go back and forth between the created pages.
- Floating toolbar that can be moved around, so that it never gets into the way.
- 8 pens, 4 highlighters and 3 erasers of various colors and sizes for your convenience.
- Mouse mode that let you control other applications as per normal while your annotations are still showing on top.
- Work with other presentation software like Apple Keynote and OpenOffice Impress.
-. Fixed various bugs when using Ink2Go on external monitor
-. Fixed memory issues when recording video to MP4
Most Helpful Reviews
Seriousl - working great! - I’m very happy to report Ink2Go is working great! I teach a lot of webinars with GoToWebinar and have always struggled to find a drawing tool that would work with GTW and Keynote. We had been using OmniDazzle but Omni decided to stop supporting it. Every time apple releases a new OS I cringe because I know more stuff will break, but I didn’t have a drawing tool I could use. For the last 6 months my business partner and I have been lugging around 2 laptops each - one with the new OS, and one with an old OS so we could teach our webinars while using OmniDazzle. I have tried Ink2Go before but always ran into some type of problem. At first it wouldn’t draw on top of Keynote, then they fixed that but I couldn't activate with key commands to switch between apps - if Keynote was active it wouldn’t activate Ink2Go without getting out of the slide show. NO MORE! It’s all working great now! I found some help in the help menu (unlikely I know). There are explicit instructions for getting your OS to allow Ink2Go to be activated with key commands. Right now I am thrilled to report I have just taught my first webinar with Ink2Go, working flawlessly. Better yet, I now have more options because Ink2Go has a lot more features than Omni. I can’t imagine this is a very lucrative market place but I am extremely happy that whoever has made this app has continued to work on it and make it useable. It is really a great app now and you should all consider it, particularly if you are teaching webinars or presenting and need a way to draw on the screen. A quick word to the naysayers - there is a small learning curve. Not much, but a small one. Really look at the key commands, program the ones that will work for you, and get comfortable with the app. Read through the Help section to make sure you’re set up correctly. Check out the preferences. There are a lot of options that I didn’t realize were there. I have had this app for quite a while and just realized all the flexibility. I wish I had dug deeper sooner. I am confident you can probably do anything you want as far as screen drawing with this app.
Extremely disappointed - I bought this app because i wanted to be able to post gameplay footage, but even when this app was on the lowest quality, it still couldn't produce a smooth running video. It has a simple to use interface and that's it. If you are getting this to record gameplay of any kind, don't waste your money.