Developer: XtraLean Corporation
Current Version: 4.0.8
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 858.6 KB - Download
ImageWell is a lightweight and extensible image editor that can resize, crop, rotate your images and then send them to a location on the Internet. Annotate your images with built-in shapes, labels, arrows, plus much more. ImageWell is extensible which means more shapes, fill patterns, and locations can be added that have been developed by third party developers.
• If you are looking for the version that contains the batch processor, then you will need Version 3 of ImageWell. You can learn more about V3 at: http://xtralean.com/IWOverview.html
• To learn more about the differences between V3 and V4, please visit: http://xtralean.com/IWV4Upgrade.html
• Purchasing V4 does not overwrite your V3 - both versions will work simultaneously without conflict.
A ROUND UP OF V4 FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Rotate, resize, crop your images
• Imports most popular image formats
• Exports web ready jpgs or pngs
• Built-in screen grab or just grab a portion of your screen
• Send images to FTP, WebDAV or a folder on your Mac
• Plays nice with other applications - drag and drop, or copy and paste images to and from ImageWell
• Non-destructive editing lets you make changes anytime
• Projects can be saved for future re-editing
• Built-in Spotlight search makes it easy to find your projects
• Add vector shapes, labels, callouts, arrows, and text to your images and screen shots
• Layer multiple images to create collages and easily send to front or back
• Add drop shadows, borders, and apply shapes to images
• Adjust exposure, brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness
• Gradient fills for objects and canvas
• Plus much more. Don't let the small download size fool you - ImageWell is XtraLean!
ImageWell 4 is the fourth generation version of the original ImageWell created 7 years ago. It's been refined and improved based on user feedback and uses the latest technology offered by OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). It's small and lightweight, yet powerful enough for your everyday image editing needs.
Whether you need to quickly resize a huge digital camera image to the web or to email, or label a screen shot or photo, or add some text and crop an image, ImageWell is the handy editor that you'll keep in your Dock for everyday use.
"This is a great little program for editing images for your blog posts...highly recommend it, well worth it. They've really done a great job; it's a very useful program." - Leo Laporte, TWiT/MacBreak Weekly, Episode 225
• Minor bug fixes that were reported to [email protected]
Most Helpful Reviews
Simply Awesome! - We purchased this program for a web store launch where we had thousands of product images that needed to be resized and watermarked. Imagewell worked flawlessly! Eventually we wrote a script to take the images as the camera captured them and import them in to Imagewelland thenoutput the correct file sized and save the new images into the proper folders on the server. This app alone saved us weeks of photoshop work on just the one site launch.
No batch editing support - it's been removed! - The only reason I bought this program was due to all of the information I read on the internet (and one of the reviews here in the app store) about how great this program batch edits large numbers of images! After hours of frustration trying to figure out how to get batch editing to work I finally found an "FAQ" section on the developers website that says this function has been removed from this version and will be added to a "new product" that will at some point be released. I want a refund! Do not buy this program if you want batch editing!
More Reviews for Current Version
Horrible - Do not spend the money on this app. This app needs a lot of work. The pictures shown above are VERY misleading
Does exactly what I needed - When I was a Windows user, I used Faststone Image Viewer and loved it. After I switched to the Mac I searched for a suitable Faststone replacement, eventually landing on Pixelmator. Although Pixelmator is a great app, it's overkill for what I need. ImageWell 4 is easy to use, has all the features I need, and the price is very, very reasonable. I've now switched virtually all my image editing over to ImageWell, and it's proven to be an ideal Mac replacement for Faststone. I'm very satisfied with this product.
Long-time satisfied user - I have used ImageWell for so many years I can't remember what year I first started. I know I was enthusiastic from the very first use and still am! Occasionally, I make a search to see if there is a newer, better performing app to replace IW, but haven't found one yet. I use it to prepare images for email and online forum posting. It doesn't crash or cause me problems while being creative with my jpg's. Reading thru the reviews here and about other persons having problems, I thought maybe I should give it 4 stars. But, the thing is -- it is a 5 star performer for me all these years. Thanks G
Do not buy this if you need to crop images! - Version 3 allowed you to unlock the resolution so you could set a height or width and then move a slider to determine what part of an image was cropped. GREAT when working with WordPress. VERSION 4 REMOVED THIS. You can ONLY crop by dragging the mouse. You cannot set an exact size. There is also no online manual or support for version 4. Version 3, yes. Version 5 Beta, yes. Version 4 is as thought it didn't exist. SAVE YOUR $5.
Crashes. - It has crashed twice on me! Each time losing 2 hours of hard spent work. The last time it crashed, I clicked "Save As", and it crashed! Just when I was saving it. Horrible!