Developer: Abacus Industries Inc.
Current Version: 2.0
Last Updated: 4 days ago
Download Size: 2.9 MB - Download
Image Viewer is a simple and fast way to view images and photos. Quickly view all images for an entire folder and subfolders. View in windowed or full screen modes and enjoy full screen slide shows. Users can navigate using mouse, trackpad, and keyboard.
- Open an image file or an entire folder
- Drag an image file or folder into Image Viewer
- View single images or thumbnails
- Adjustable thumbnail size
- Search sub folders for images
- Zoom to fit, actual size, zoom in, zoom out
- Scrolls zoomed images and large images in actual size
- Full screen mode
- Slideshow with preferences for customization
- Supports retina display
- Supports trackpad swipe
- Supports mouse scroll wheel
- Mouse scroll wheel to advance images
- Mouse scroll wheel zoom when shift key is pressed
- Keyboard shortcuts for most functions
- Open in Finder and with Preview
- Open from and share to Photos
- Set image as desktop picture
- Move to trash to delete images
- Image Info window with EXIF data
- Safe sharing removes metadata before sharing
- Plays animated gif files
- Upsizing images
- Loop through
- Showing file names in thumbnail view
- Searching subfolders
- Size app to first opened image
- Size app to each image
- Reverse scroll wheel advance
- Launch app in Full Screen
- Dark gray or black background - Full Screen
- Dark gray or black background - Windowed
- Fade during slideshow
- Random order slideshow
- Don’t sleep during slideshow
- Slideshow delay time
Supported Image Formats:
jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, gif, png, psd, bmp
Supported RAW Image Formats:
nef, cr2, arw
Image Viewer is a great way to look at your photos and images. Just give it a try!
We'd like to know how to improve Image Viewer, Contact us at Abacus Industries http://www.abacusindustriesinc.com
- New toolbar, menus, and icon.
- New preferences window.
- Added "Open with" to menus.
- Navigate random slideshow.
- Multiple monitor support.
- Minor bug fixes.
Please leave an updated review to help us improve the app. Thanks for your support!
Most Helpful Reviews
Great for people coming over from Windows - Are you a current or former Windows user looking for something similar to Windows Image Viewer? You found it! Once the app is set up you can simply click a photo file and have it pop up in Image Viewer and use the arrow keys to move to the next photo in the directory! This is what Apple Preview should have been.
No RAW image viewing? - I thought I’d found the best image viewer after seeing the positive ratings. So, I went ahead and bought this. I was so disappointed to find out that my RAW images (.CR2) could not be read. How is it possible that a viewer has these restrictions?!?!?! So, it’s not for the professional photographer?
More Reviews for Current Version
This app is incredible - This Image Viewer does everything I need. It is super easy to use and I love that you can set the thumbnail size for both full screen and “windowed” screen. Thank you for adding RAW file support and animated GIF support. This app is really the best I have tried!
Great app! - This app is the best photo viewer that I’ve found. It’s easy to use and just works! The update improves the look and feel and I really like the smaller toolbar. Nice job!
Works Great but needs some basic features. - I got this to replace a program which stopped working properly. Image Viewer runs super fast and I dont have to wait for thumbnails to load. For the most part this get’s the job done, because I needed something to display thumbnails on a grey background. However, this could use improvements to make it that much better. 1.) It needs to have a navigation bar on the left so the users can quickly browse directories without having to go to open them individually. 2.) Give us an option to set the background color to anything we want. The grey is nice, but I wish it were darker and I dont want to use black. 3.) It needs an auto refresh or manual refresh button so that when an image gets changed or updated it will show those changes. Right now I have to close the app and reopen it to see the changes of an image take place.
Use for editing and viewing - I use Image Viewer in Full Screen for editing out the shots I don’t like in my pix. It’s easier and faster than using Preview and I don’t have to quint to see if I should keep a pic. Thanks for a great product!
Simple, works great - Very useful, quickly loads huge image folders. The escape key stops the slide show, which is a desirable feature that could be mentioned in the documentation. Ken Burns-style pan and zoom for slide show would be a nice improvement.