Icon Creator - ICNS and icon set composer
Developer: Pavel Kanzelsberger
Current Version: 1.0.6
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 5.1 MB - Download
Icon Creator for Developers using Xcode to build their Mac OS X and iOS apps.
Since original Icon Composer has been removed from the latest versions of Xcode, many developers are missing it. So here is the new Icon Composer, the Icon Creator. It supports OS X and iOS icons for both Regular and Retina displays.
No need to manually resize icons and create icon sets. Icon Creator will allow you to do that with just drag'n'drop.
* Create multi-resolution icons in ICNS format with all required resolutions (up to [email protected])
* Export icon sets suitable for Xcode (both Mac and iOS resolutions)
* Export your work to multiple PNG files, or multi-page TIFF
* Import icons from following file formats: ICNS, PNG, ICO, BMP, JPG, TIFF, GIF, PDF, PSD
* Copy / paste from clipboard, you can even copy icons of any file or application, or even modify it
* Drag'n'drop support, drag any file from Finder, dragging and rescaling between different resolutions
* Preview current icon in Dock
* Mask preview (alpha channel)
* Preview mode to see how your icons scale on Regular or Retina displays
* Added support for iOS 7 icons
Most Helpful Reviews
Great Support! - This app makes creating icns files slightly less painful. Nice interface and very easy to use. There is an issue which makes the app unusable on the retina MacBook Pro, but I contacted the developer and within a few hours he sent me a working version of the app and said it would be available on the App Store as soon as Apple approves it.
Bad - Don't waste your money
More Reviews for Current Version
Icons are NOT the right size- please fix! - I wasted my money on an app that can’t make the icon the right size. Fix!!
Better than nothing - I’ve been looking for a replacement for Apple’s Icon Composer that used to be included in Xcode. This is the third app I’ve tried and none of them do the simple things that Apple’s free app did. 1. Drag an image of any size into an icon frame and the app resizes the image proportionally. (this app stretches the image instead. You need to make your image canvases perfectly square so they are not distorted.) 2. Automatically resize and populate all icon sizes. (This app does this just fine, provided you begin with a perfectly square image canvas.) This app is the best I’ve tried so far. Hopefully they will read their reviews and incorporate the needed changes in future releases.
Simple tool that does what it says - I used this tool to create a .iconset folder from a single full size icon image, and it worked like a charm. Very straightforward to use, and the time it saved me was definitely worth the purchase.
Only kind of works - I was able to generate the Mac app icon I needed, but the preview window doesn’t work for me. I can drag images to the window, but they don’t appear. Luckily, when I export the icns file it looks okay.