Do you create apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch or iMessages?
Are you tired of having to make so many different images every time you make a new app or change the icon?
Do you know how many icon files you have to create for each platform? Look at these numbers...
• Mac apps require 10 icon files.
• iPhone apps require 9 icon files.
• iPad apps require 10 icon files.
• iOS Universal apps require 15 icon files.
• Apple Watch apps require 8 icon files as well as the iOS icon files.
• Sticker Pack apps require 13 icon files.
• iMessages apps require 9 icon files as well as the iOS icon files.
The images have to be exactly sized and formatted and they have to be installed into your Assets library in the correct locations.
But you don't want to have to work all that out for every app and every icon change!
Why not let Icon Builder do all the boring stuff?
Create & install the icon files you need in just 3 steps:
1. Drag an image into the window.
2. Select the device family.
2. Click the "Create icon assets" button and choose the folder containing your xcodeproj file.
Icon Builder will create all the image files at the correct size depending on the selected device family and minimum system version. These will be saved to an iconset folder and installed into the Assets.xcassets of your Xcode project.
For Apple Watch and Messages apps, the structure of the project is slightly different but Icon Builder works it all out for you and saves all the required files to the correct locations.
If you are not using Xcode, you can save the icons to a folder and add them to your project manually.
This app can also create the icns files that were used for Mac apps before Xcode 5 or 6. These are still useful for document icons and other IDEs.
* Icon images have the correct sRGB color profile attached.
* For iOS icons, transparency is replaced by white and the alpha channel is removed from the image file.
* The icons created match the latest Apple guidelines.
* The app has been completely re-written in Swift to use the latest macOS APIs so only supports macOS 10.13.x or later.
Most Helpful Reviews
Not happy - 1. The application window size is not adjustable. The buttons hide behind the dock and are very hard to interact with. Please fix. 2. It’s not suitable for iOS 8. Please update. 3. The generated small icons are extremely blurry. 4. So far I would like my $3 back as the application is useless as is. Thanks.