ID Automator Action Pack
Developer: Automated Workflows, LLC
Current Version: 4.0.0
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 11.3 MB - Download
This action pack extends the power of Automator with 20 actions for performing interacting with Adobe InDesign CS4, CS5, CS6, or CC in Mac OS X!
* Add Pages to InDesign Documents
* Close InDesign Documents
* Export InDesign Documents to PDF
* Find and Change Text in InDesign Documents
* Get All Opened InDesign Documents
* Get Front InDesign Document
* Get Linked Images from InDesign Documents
* Get Names of InDesign Documents
* Get Paths of InDesign Documents
* Get Text from InDesign Documents
* Merge InDesign Documents
* New InDesign Document
* Open Documents in InDesign
* Package InDesign Documents
* Place Images in InDesign Document
* Place Text in InDesign Document
* Print InDesign Documents
* Save InDesign Documents
* Save InDesign Documents as Single Page Documents
* Update Modified Links in InDesign Documents
Please note that you must own a copy of Adobe InDesign CS4, CS5/CS5.5, CS6, or CC installed in order to use these Automator actions.
1) Download the action pack from the Mac App Store
2) Launch the action pack application (this is necessary to register the actions with Automator, and must be done whenever an updated action pack is downloaded and installed)
3) Relaunch Automator
If you're new to Automator, check out the video podcast series, Mac Automation Made Simple, available online http://www.automatedworkflows.com/tips/videos/ and in iTunes. This covers a lot of the basics.
The user guide for the actions is accessible from the Help menu in the main action pack, or may be downloaded here: http://www.automatedworkflows.com/files/docs/products/AW_Automator_Actions_Lion.pdf
Sample workflows for this action pack are available for download here: http://www.automatedworkflows.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45
FOR PREVIOUS USERS OF OUR AUTOMATOR ACTION PACKS
Due to changes in some actions and Automator, you may need to reconstruct your existing workflows. To do this, simply open the workflows and replace the previous versions of our actions with the updated versions.
Automated Workflows, LLC's support forum provides answers to frequently asked questions about our products, and allows an opportunity for user discussion of our products: www.automatedworkflows.com/forum
To report product bugs, suggest product features, or with a specific support inquiry please contact us directly via our website: www.automatedworkflows.com/about-us/contact-us/. We try to personally reply to all support requests.
NOTE: Please be sure to check the frequently asked questions section of the online forum before reporting bugs.
More Reviews for Current Version
This product will let me save a LOT of time - This product was the missing link I needed to automate InDesign to export proofs of newspaper pages in progress. I have been using a script I hacked together combined with Dropbox, but that solution locked up designers’ screens while files were exporting and derailed productivity. As our paper has grown in size and the pace quickened, my production really wasn’t able to scale. These actions came to the rescue! Potential purchasers should be warned that Adobe’s integration of Typekit in CC 2014 has broken the option ignore missing fonts when opening the file. The developer responded to my question about same with knowledge, friendliness, helpfulness, and refreshing candor. These actions have the potential for incalculable productivity for an amazingly reasonable price.