Current Version: 1.5.2
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 3.4 MB - Download
Timing has never been easier, quicker, or more fun. You'll use timers for everything once you use Howler Timer!
- Unlimited timers
- Fast input and start of timers, no mouse required
- Clear, resizable display
- Remembers your last set timer
- Allows you to play whatever sound file you want for the alarm
- Set a timer with an end date (alarm)
- Convert temperatures C / F, cooking volumes/weights.
- Save a timer to a preset
- Stopwatch capability
- Menu Bar shows hours and minutes (not just seconds)
- Ability to Loop and Chain timers together
- 10 customizable Presets
- Set individual, distinct sounds for each timer
- Mute Howler Timer's sounds without muting the system sound
- Activate timers via shell scripts
- Retina compatible
- Create and start timers with scripts
- Added Reset button
- Visual Interface improvements
- Now always available in the status bar
- Works properly with dark menu bar
- Native OS X notifications
- You can turn off the warning when closing running timers.
- You can now make Howler Timer come to the foreground when a timer is done.
- Timer names can be used as alarm text
Most Helpful Reviews
Great Timer - I have tried numerous timers over the years and this is the best I have found. I use it all the time and I like the countdown feature. Doesn't get much better than this. Fantastic customer support. I had a question and it was replied to with in an hour. Thanks to the developer for a great app.
Slow timer. - First off, the timing is slower then a real clock. I find it to be off 2 or 3 seconds off by the end of every minute. Also, for "looping", the time does not 'automatically' start, as the option shows. It waits a couple of seconds then it will loop the timer. If you don't mind loosing seconds, then go ahead and download this crap.
More Reviews for Current Version
Use every day - I've used Howler (the free version) every day at work for a few years now. I love that it lets me set multiple timers, either as a countdown, or to a specific time. (I mostly use it to set timers that alert about 2 minutes before a meeting starts at work.) So while the Free version is all I've needed so far, I thought $2 (or whatever Apple passes on) is a small price to pay to say "thanks" to the developer for this excellent app. The sounds that come with it are silly but you can set it to your own sounds. For me, the biggest help is that it pops the window to the foreground when the timer goes off, letting me know it's time to get to my next meeting. The best apps are ones developers write to fill a need they face personally, and that's exactly what this is - not some slick thing trying to compete with all the other overpriced apps in the store, but an inexpensive, solid little app that gets the job done.
Simple app, fun to use - I’ve used the free version for a while. Recently re-imaged my computer and needed to re-install it and then i saw the Pro version. I bought it because i want to support the dev. OWWWWWWWW
GOOGLE ANALYTICS - I PAID FOR THIS APP, WHY ARE YOU SENDING MY DATA TO GOOGLE ANALYTICS Seriously? Allow the option to remove the dock icon for menubar only functionality!
The least bad of the timer apps, but needs work. - Simple timer that works as expected. It’s incredibly annoying that I can’t click on the menu bar icon to create a new timer (you have to select an item from the app’s menu to do that. Clicking the menu-bar icon brings up the app menu, but forcing me to then select something from that menu is annoying busy work. Also, the timer window can be minimized, but given that the remaining time is visible on the menu bar, I’d as soon that the widow goes away entirely once the timer starts. A click on the menu-bar item could bring it back.