Hotspot Shield Free Privacy & Security VPN Proxy
Developer: AnchorFree Inc.
Current Version: 1.4.5
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 7.2 MB - Download
World's most popular VPN with over 400 million downloads. Try it for FREE!
The #1 security app on iOS.
* Unblock any websites; unblock Facebook, unblock YouTube or others such as Netflix and Hulu where they are blocked
* Get unrestricted access to VOIP services and messaging apps such as Skype anywhere
* Secure your WiFi connection with HTTPS encryption
* Prevent hackers from stealing your private information
* Browse the web privately & anonymously
* Compatible with Mac OSX 10.9 or later
5 stars- "Control your Privacy and Security - I've now tried them all (VPNs) as I travel 200k miles each year. This is the only VPN that works consistently, especially in MENA and APAC. This is the only one with REAL support. This is the only one with malware protection. This is the only one with data compression, (saving me big money on data roaming). If you want privacy, security (& Pandora when you are outside the US), and data savings, then look no further. JMHO" – Cster
5 stars- "Love it!!! - Thank you, creators of Hotspot Shield!!!! Now I can access US content abroad!!!!! Love it!!!!!" - Xuxubee
* Protect yourself while using Wi-Fi hotspots (VPN encrypts all internet traffic); protect your identity, your IP address and stop unwanted tracking. Share and communicate privately.
* Gives you access to your favorite sites: Unblock any blocked content and services - get Facebook, Skype, BBC, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Viber, VOIP and other services wherever you are: at work, school or while traveling
* Take full control: you can choose country IP to connect, change data compression levels, and if you want to start the VPN automatically or not.
Hotspot Shield Elite is available in two subscription options:
* Hotspot Shield Elite Service - Monthly - $4.99 / mo
* Hotspot Shield Elite Service - Yearly - $29.99 / yr
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. You can manage your subscription settings within the Account Settings after purchase. If you have any questions about the auto-renewing subscriptions, please email us at [email protected] More info is also available here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
Hotspot Shield VPN is free to download and available for: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac OS X.
Follow us on…
Also check out our desktop version: http://www.hotspotshield.com
Thank you for all the support!
Most Helpful Reviews
Works very well for me. Not sure what’s up with the other people. - Hell this is the best VPN ever! I used for netflix in Vietnam because netflix doesn’t work in Vietnam. I bought this VPN so I was able to watch netflix while in Vietnam. I also use this VPN in school because there are some unblock sites so I used this to access those unblock sites. Hotspot Shield VPN does the trick it works! Idk why others don’t like it? Overall worth the money! If you want to cancel you’re subscription and not have auto renewal on go to account then go under settings then find subscriptions then BOOM there it is.
Don’t waste your time. - This app worked great for me for the first 8 days that it was free. As soon as I paid the monthly fee it stopped working (obviously). This is a total waste of money. You can get much better VPNs for FREE.
More Reviews for Current Version
Serious issus with VPN connections after update to 1.4.5 - I have been an Elite user (paid subscription) for about two months without any connection issues thus far. After updating the app to 1.4.5 on my Mac, I cannot connect to the VPN any longer, profiles can’t be re-installed, I’ve tried sending a message directly from the app via “help” page, but I keep getting “something went wrong” prompt… I’m using this app for my work and business trips and now it has been causing serious problems…woudl appreciate if HOTSPOT shield tech support team takes care of this issue immediately.
Great, except for outbound mail - Uploads and downloads from websites were rapid and without problems. As were in-coming mail messages. On the other hand, using Apple Mail, it took 3 minutes for a 4 line message … it couldn’t be sent via me.com.
Bad Update - I had recently purchaseed an elite subscription to maximize the benefits. However for whatever reason the transaction did not go through. I put in a report through the support website and my ticket was answered almost immediately. The rep solved the problem really quickly and also gave my some bonus time for the subscription! Very good service, will be sticking with this for a while. *UPDATE* The updated app does not alow me to log in. I can log in just fine on my phone and the customer support website. But I can no longer log in on the MacOS app. Going to put in a ticket with support, will see if there any more updates.
Slow and keeps dropping connection - Slow and keeps dropping connection all the time. I was told to switch to Chrome instead and use the Chrome plug-in but since I use Safari and other web services that is just not good enough. If you sell a product that doesn’t require Chrome then it needs to work.
Great - Defintly secures your computer and lets you past blocked sites!