HotspotShield VPN Unlimited Privacy Security Proxy
Developer: AnchorFree Inc.
Current Version: 1.5.2
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 6.4 MB - Download
World's most popular VPN with over 500 million downloads. Try it for FREE!
The #1 security app on iOS.
* Unblock any websites; unblock Facebook, unblock YouTube or others such as Netflix and Hulu where they are blocked
* Get unrestricted access to VOIP services and messaging apps such as Skype anywhere
* Secure your WiFi connection with HTTPS encryption
* Prevent hackers from stealing your private information
* Browse the web privately & anonymously
* Compatible with Mac OSX 10.9 or later
5 stars- "Control your Privacy and Security - I've now tried them all (VPNs) as I travel 200k miles each year. This is the only VPN that works consistently, especially in MENA and APAC. This is the only one with REAL support. This is the only one with malware protection. This is the only one with data compression, (saving me big money on data roaming). If you want privacy, security (& Pandora when you are outside the US), and data savings, then look no further. JMHO" – Cster
5 stars- "Love it!!! - Thank you, creators of Hotspot Shield!!!! Now I can access US content abroad!!!!! Love it!!!!!" - Xuxubee
* Protect yourself while using Wi-Fi hotspots (VPN encrypts all internet traffic); protect your identity, your IP address and stop unwanted tracking. Share and communicate privately.
* Gives you access to your favorite sites: Unblock any blocked content and services - get Facebook, Skype, BBC, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Viber, VOIP and other services wherever you are: at work, school or while traveling
* Take full control: you can choose country IP to connect, change data compression levels, and if you want to start the VPN automatically or not.
Hotspot Shield Premium (Elite)
* 7-day free trial - free of charge; no commitment; cancel anytime
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the period
* Length of subscription: one month; three months; six months; one year.
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
* Price of subscription: three months - 23.99 dollars; six months - 29.99 dollars; one month - 12.99 dollars; one year - 47.99 dollars.
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
If you have any questions about the auto-renewing subscriptions, please email us at [email protected] More info is also available here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
Hotspot Shield VPN is free to download and available for: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac OS X.
Follow us on…
Also check out our desktop version: http://www.hotspotshield.com
Thank you for all the support!
Most Helpful Reviews
Works very well for me. Not sure what’s up with the other people. - Hell this is the best VPN ever! I used for netflix in Vietnam because netflix doesn’t work in Vietnam. I bought this VPN so I was able to watch netflix while in Vietnam. I also use this VPN in school because there are some unblock sites so I used this to access those unblock sites. Hotspot Shield VPN does the trick it works! Idk why others don’t like it? Overall worth the money! If you want to cancel you’re subscription and not have auto renewal on go to account then go under settings then find subscriptions then BOOM there it is.
Don’t waste your time. - This app worked great for me for the first 8 days that it was free. As soon as I paid the monthly fee it stopped working (obviously). This is a total waste of money. You can get much better VPNs for FREE.
More Reviews for Current Version
Begging for a rating... - The app works fine. My only complaint would have been that the internet speed slows a bit when connected. For this, I would have given 4 stars. However, after receiving incessant requests begging for a rating on the app store, I’m compelled to dock another star. When you click “Maybe later” to decline a review, it should not be every time you interact with the app. If this persists after actually filling out a rating (as indicated by a previous reviewer) I will need to reconsider this rating as well.
Begging, Nagging & Demanding Ratings - Yeah, the VPN work fine and I like it. What I am absolutely sick of is the persistent, annoying, irritating, demanding popup that happens anytime you interact with the program. Look at some other reviews. Other people feel the same way. I don’t do reviews and ratings but I actually gave it a 1 star rating previously just to put an end to the annoying popup. It worked for a while but when the next upgrade happened, it’s back to the nagging and begging. It’s an extra click and an extra 2 seconds every time I use it. I hate this aspect of HotSpot Shield. I have more and better things to do than to than have an application continually push me to give a rating - especially when I have already done so. HotSpot Shield management and developers: you are alienating your customers. Your software is suppsed to serve your customers. We are not here to serve you in your desire for ratings. Your attempts at social engineering of your customer’s behavior demonstrates a profound lack of respect for the people who pay you and who you are supposed to serve. HOTSPOT SHIELD CUSTOMERS - please give HotSpot Shield a 1 star rating until they fix this issue and start displaying a more respectful way of requesting a rating or review.
Un-removable, like Malware - I would strongly consider NOT purchasing and installing this app. This thing installs itself like Malware, and you have to find out online how to remove it properly. I would take a minute to google about removal of this app — the chatrooms are eye-opening. I do not have any faith in this developer. It literally took me hours to remove this Hotspot Shield app, and I’m not a (complete) idiot. I am very happy with the new VPN service that I have installed.
Expensive - Why does it have to cost so much? If you are trying to help us and keeping our stuff safe then why charge so much?? Its crazy!! I know everything don’t come free but really come on!!!
Constantly begs you to rate it - It never stops asking you to rate it. Pop-ups that take up a third of your screen. I’ve already rated it - but it doesn’t care. It’s too bad, because when it’s not beging for a review, it works well.