Hotspot Shield Free Privacy & Security VPN Proxy
Developer: AnchorFree Inc.
Current Version: 1.4.7
Last Updated: 23 days ago
Download Size: 7.2 MB - Download
World's most popular VPN with over 400 million downloads. Try it for FREE!
The #1 security app on iOS.
* Unblock any websites; unblock Facebook, unblock YouTube or others such as Netflix and Hulu where they are blocked
* Get unrestricted access to VOIP services and messaging apps such as Skype anywhere
* Secure your WiFi connection with HTTPS encryption
* Prevent hackers from stealing your private information
* Browse the web privately & anonymously
* Compatible with Mac OSX 10.9 or later
5 stars- "Control your Privacy and Security - I've now tried them all (VPNs) as I travel 200k miles each year. This is the only VPN that works consistently, especially in MENA and APAC. This is the only one with REAL support. This is the only one with malware protection. This is the only one with data compression, (saving me big money on data roaming). If you want privacy, security (& Pandora when you are outside the US), and data savings, then look no further. JMHO" – Cster
5 stars- "Love it!!! - Thank you, creators of Hotspot Shield!!!! Now I can access US content abroad!!!!! Love it!!!!!" - Xuxubee
* Protect yourself while using Wi-Fi hotspots (VPN encrypts all internet traffic); protect your identity, your IP address and stop unwanted tracking. Share and communicate privately.
* Gives you access to your favorite sites: Unblock any blocked content and services - get Facebook, Skype, BBC, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Viber, VOIP and other services wherever you are: at work, school or while traveling
* Take full control: you can choose country IP to connect, change data compression levels, and if you want to start the VPN automatically or not.
Hotspot Shield Elite is available in two subscription options:
* Hotspot Shield Elite Service - Monthly - $4.99 / mo
* Hotspot Shield Elite Service - Yearly - $29.99 / yr
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. You can manage your subscription settings within the Account Settings after purchase. If you have any questions about the auto-renewing subscriptions, please email us at [email protected] More info is also available here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
Hotspot Shield VPN is free to download and available for: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac OS X.
Follow us on…
Also check out our desktop version: http://www.hotspotshield.com
Thank you for all the support!
Most Helpful Reviews
Works very well for me. Not sure what’s up with the other people. - Hell this is the best VPN ever! I used for netflix in Vietnam because netflix doesn’t work in Vietnam. I bought this VPN so I was able to watch netflix while in Vietnam. I also use this VPN in school because there are some unblock sites so I used this to access those unblock sites. Hotspot Shield VPN does the trick it works! Idk why others don’t like it? Overall worth the money! If you want to cancel you’re subscription and not have auto renewal on go to account then go under settings then find subscriptions then BOOM there it is.
Don’t waste your time. - This app worked great for me for the first 8 days that it was free. As soon as I paid the monthly fee it stopped working (obviously). This is a total waste of money. You can get much better VPNs for FREE.
More Reviews for Current Version
Incredibly bad website - I guess the product works if you're willing to spend hours of SCREAMING RAGE trying to get it working. Incredibly bad website ”Support.” It is not up to customers to debug and keep vendor software working. How can you trust security software that doesn't work properly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Saturday, April 1, 5:36PM This latest release (yesterday) DOES NOT WORK! WILL NOT CONNECT Yet I get thumbs-up. Using MacBook Pro OSX 10.12.3 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ UPDATE Saturday, April 1, 7:37PM After waisting 2+ hours trying to get the new release working, I finally deleted the app and reinstalled. It seems to work now. We’ll see. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stops working after a few hours - Useless: it “caps” you after a short while. It’s not free at all. Going back to the other “really” free vpn services. and see which one I like. Def not this one. Feels like a scam to make you subscribe.
OK if you rarely go online - I didn’t know there was a monthly data limit plan for the free version. Used it up within a week. Now I can’t get online through my browser. Meh.
Buy if you want to loose your money and privacy - This app is so annoying!!!!! It is asking you to create an account and use your e-mail and password. On top of that they start spamming you. This is awful. it’s terrible app. I purchased a premium and still have 2 months left but I can not use it, and ended up buying a different VPN app. It keeps disconnecting and beeping, and when you get disconnected you loose internet connection. I can't describe enough how terible this app is. Besides, it is asking you to use your personal e-mail on all of your devices. SO JUST SAVE yourself FROM TROUBLE AND GET A better APP. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!
A Little Expensive, but Works Quite Well - This app has many servers in many countries. It doesn’t seem to slow down my speed significantly, and I’m able to use it on five devices simultaneously, so I always have it running on my home Mac, my iPad, and iPhone, as well as my travel laptop and my wife’s iPad. It connects seamlessly through virtually every server or hotspot we come in contact with, and just works. I’d like to see a lower price for multiyear purchases like other VPNs have, that would entice me to stay with Hotspot Shield Elite longer. You do have to cancel the service before your renewal date comes up or they will automatically renew your plan on your credit card, but that’s on you. I’ve had nothing but good luck with the app, though.