HomeBudget with Sync
Developer: Anishu, Inc.
Current Version: 3.2.9
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 56.1 MB - Download
Now available in mobile [iPhone/iPad] and desktop versions [Mac OS], including instant data sync between mobile/desktop versions. (Separate purchase required for each OS platform).
A lite version of HomeBudget is available under the free applications category. Give it a try.
Contact [email protected], if you need help. We have no way of contacting you if you post an issue as a review.
HomeBudget is an integrated expense tracker designed to help you track your expenses, income, bills-due and account balances. It offers support for budgeting, and allows analysis of your expenses and income, including charts and graphs. Two key differentiating features of HomeBudget are:
1. Integrated set of features. The features within HomeBudget are well integrated such that a bill can become an expense (when you pay for it) and also adjust the account balance at the same time.
2. Family sync. HomeBudget includes Family Sync, an advanced feature that allows a group of devices/computers (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iTouch) within the household to exchange expense and income information, and work together within a single budget. Once setup, the devices/computers sync with each other automatically over the air. Family Sync works across all features including Bills and Accounts. Please refer to the Family Sync Quick Start guide at http://www.anishu.com for information on configuring Family Sync.
- Create/Edit/Delete expenses and recurring expenses
- Browse expense entries by month, by category/date with the ability to drill-down
- Optionally associate an account and payee with an expense
- Attach photo images of receipts
- Support for multiple currencies and automatic exchange rate conversion
- Search expense entries
- Create/Edit/Delete income and recurring income
- Optionally associate an account with the income
- Create/Edit/Delete bills and recurring bills
- Support for Payees, and track payments by Payee.
- Make payment on bills either an as expense or as a transfer (to avoid double accounting your expenses)
- Calendar and list view of Bills
- Bill reminders
Categories and Budget
- Create/Edit/Delete expense categories and sub-categories
- Set a budget, and track expenses at the category/sub-category level.
- Associate icons with the categories
- Budget rollover
- Classify expenses into fixed, variable and discretionary and compute your disposable income
- Support for Accounts such as Checking, Savings, Credit, Debit, Cash, etc.
- Associate your expense and income entries with your accounts and accurately track account balances.
- View transactions, and do transfer between accounts.
- Ability to choose a different base currency for each account
- Trend chart for Expense, Budget and Income for the last 12 months
- Pie/Bar charts for expense/income break-down (Available in the Expenses/Income screen).
- Export data/reports as PDF or CSV
- Automatically sync multiple computers/devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iTouch) in the household and see the same numbers on all devices over 3G and WiFi
- Work within the same budget with other members of the household
- Backup/Restore complete application data, including all receipts
- Ability to upload your own list of category icons
- HomeBudget follows the locale/region setting on your device and shows date and currency symbols appropriate for your region
Visit http://www.anishu.com to see more screenshots, and to download the user guide (PDF, 42 pages).
Minor bug fix
Most Helpful Reviews
Love it! - What makes this app better than others is it's ability to sync between devices. We haved used the iPhone version. Now we have the desktop version so my iPhone, my wife's iPhone, our iPad and my Mac book all have the same information at the same time. This means we all know how much we got left in the budget as the syncing is done instantly. Great stuff.
Cannot open - I have used this app for over 1 year and have loved it; however, with the newest version, everytime I try to open the app I get a problem report stating "HomeBudget quit unexpectedly". I hope this gets fixed soon.
More Reviews for Current Version
Not worth the money - I’ve purchased this awhile ago and have tried to come back to it many times. When i orginally purchased it i could access it on all my apple products. Now it requires me to pay an addisional fee before i can access it. With the price i paid i should be able to have access to it on all devices. You can find free apps that do a better job than this as a paid app. It doesnt keep track of expense from my back account. I have to manually adjust my bank account with each “bill” Dont waste your money.
HomeBudget With Sync - This app is one of a few that can duplicate my financial spreadsheet without being overly complicated and costly. My requirement is to know what bills are due and when each month, total expenses and total income month to month. The app is very flexible when adding recurring, one time and periodic payments. In a very short time I entered the content of my spreadsheet and could see my monthly expenses total month by month and my discretionary income. The app has some graphical tools to see where your money is going and tools for budgeting purposes. The interface needs a little rearranging but is not a show stopper. Needs more options for printing. Overall a very nice app and does what I want it to.
Too many bugs - Please review your app, make sure it runs smoothly. Desktop version. $19.99 with discount price is still too expensive and app not working. iphone not working either. Crashed, can’t open. It’s look good, but not working correctly. Add Sub Cat, I can’t even type anything in. Please make this tax friendly. Not recommend.
Does the job but feels behind iOS - I use this app primary on iOS and keep the Mac version just to have access to my financial data everywhere. The app does its job but its design feels outdated and seriously behind the iOS version which is somewhat frustrating.