HomeBudget with Sync
Developer: Anishu, Inc.
Current Version: 3.2.5
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 55.9 MB - Download
Now available in mobile [iPhone/iPad] and desktop versions [Mac OS, Windows], including instant data sync between mobile/desktop versions. (Separate purchase required for each OS platform).
A lite version of HomeBudget is available under the free applications category. Give it a try.
Contact [email protected], if you need help. We have no way of contacting you if you post an issue as a review.
HomeBudget is an integrated expense tracker designed to help you track your expenses, income, bills-due and account balances. It offers support for budgeting, and allows analysis of your expenses and income, including charts and graphs. Two key differentiating features of HomeBudget are:
1. Integrated set of features. The features within HomeBudget are well integrated such that a bill can become an expense (when you pay for it) and also adjust the account balance at the same time.
2. Family sync. HomeBudget includes Family Sync, an advanced feature that allows a group of devices/computers (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iTouch) within the household to exchange expense and income information, and work together within a single budget. Once setup, the devices/computers sync with each other automatically over the air. Family Sync works across all features including Bills and Accounts. Please refer to the Family Sync Quick Start guide at http://www.anishu.com for information on configuring Family Sync.
- Create/Edit/Delete expenses and recurring expenses
- Browse expense entries by month, by category/date with the ability to drill-down
- Optionally associate an account and payee with an expense
- Attach photo images of receipts
- Support for multiple currencies and automatic exchange rate conversion
- Search expense entries
- Create/Edit/Delete income and recurring income
- Optionally associate an account with the income
- Create/Edit/Delete bills and recurring bills
- Support for Payees, and track payments by Payee.
- Make payment on bills either an as expense or as a transfer (to avoid double accounting your expenses)
- Calendar and list view of Bills
- Bill reminders
Categories and Budget
- Create/Edit/Delete expense categories and sub-categories
- Set a budget, and track expenses at the category/sub-category level.
- Associate icons with the categories
- Budget rollover
- Classify expenses into fixed, variable and discretionary and compute your disposable income
- Support for Accounts such as Checking, Savings, Credit, Debit, Cash, etc.
- Associate your expense and income entries with your accounts and accurately track account balances.
- View transactions, and do transfer between accounts.
- Ability to choose a different base currency for each account
- Trend chart for Expense, Budget and Income for the last 12 months
- Pie/Bar charts for expense/income break-down (Available in the Expenses/Income screen).
- Export data/reports as PDF or CSV
- Automatically sync multiple computers/devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iTouch) in the household and see the same numbers on all devices over 3G and WiFi
- Work within the same budget with other members of the household
- Backup/Restore complete application data, including all receipts
- Ability to upload your own list of category icons
- HomeBudget follows the locale/region setting on your device and shows date and currency symbols appropriate for your region
Visit http://www.anishu.com to see more screenshots, and to download the user guide (PDF, 42 pages).
Minor bug fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Love it! - What makes this app better than others is it's ability to sync between devices. We haved used the iPhone version. Now we have the desktop version so my iPhone, my wife's iPhone, our iPad and my Mac book all have the same information at the same time. This means we all know how much we got left in the budget as the syncing is done instantly. Great stuff.
Cannot open - I have used this app for over 1 year and have loved it; however, with the newest version, everytime I try to open the app I get a problem report stating "HomeBudget quit unexpectedly". I hope this gets fixed soon.
More Reviews for Current Version
Full of Bugs and No Support - I loved the idea of a budget app that would allow my partner and I to both input data from our multiple devices, and track who’s spending what. However, this app constantly has bugs and apparently zero support from the developer to address the bugs and answer customers. I had an issue where recurring entries were duplicating or tripling across different devices, and when I reached out to support they stopped answering me. I’ve asked for my money back several times with no response, and spent over $30 to get the app installed across all our devices. The other reviews are also true that the interface is quite poorly designed, but I was willing to stick with it for such a complex budget tracking app. I regret purchasing it.
Just Unusable—Terribly Programmed - This app does ALMOST everything I’d like such an app to do, except for the very most improtant things. I DO NOT ENTER my expenses and purchases ON THE DAY I MAKE THE PURCHASE, since I don’t sit at the computer and manage my finances 24/7. Using this annoying POS, you CANNOT CLICK ON ANY DATE PRIOR TO THE CURRENT DAY/DATE AND ENTER THINGS ON THE DAY I ACTUALLY BOUGHT/SPENT WHATEVER THE AMOUNT IS. This means tracking when an amount was spent is not possible and, therefore, I cannot cross-reference what I enter with my bank accounts without going on-line to whatever financial institution was used for a transaction and rummage through the entire list of recents. There’s so much more that hasn’t been thought through in this app that listing them all would make this review unnecessarily lengthy and unreadable. It makes me long for the days of brick and mortar software stores where I could return a piece of garbage software that did not work properly. Sadly, the App Store doesn’t take returns. My recommendation is that YOU SHOULD NOT BUY THIS APP UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.