Developer: Binary Formations, LLC
Current Version: 3.7.0
Last Updated: 11 days ago
Download Size: 13.9 MB - Download
A Mac App Store Editor’s Choice, Home Inventory has been helping people organize and store information about their home and its contents for over 11 years.
Called "Quick and easy to use" by the New York Times, Home Inventory is the ultimate tool for cataloging information about your home & belongings for insurance, home management, and estate planning purposes.
Home Inventory helps you organize the receipts, warranty information, product manuals, maintenance schedules, repair and improvement notes, and other important information about your home and its contents. With Home Inventory, all of this information is in one place, and easy to find.
Many do not realize they are underinsured until disaster strikes and they need to file a claim. Home Inventory can deal with the complex coverage rules and limits found in most insurance policies and its coverage analysis tools let you know exactly where you are under and over-insured.
Best of all, Home Inventory is completely private. Your inventory is stored on your Mac not on some company’s server, where it could be hacked or sold to other parties. And should something happen to your Mac, Home Inventory’s robust backup features can backup your data to your iPhone or iPad and elsewhere. You can also back it up in a cloud synced folder on your Mac such as Dropbox or iCloud Drive. You are always in control of how and where your inventory information is kept.
STAY ORGANIZED – ELIMINATE CLUTTER
• Store user manuals, home inspection reports, lot surveys, covenants, and other documents related to your home and its contents.
• Keep receipts for items, repairs, maintenance, renovations, and more.
• Keep track of item warranty information.
• Dated notes let you to keep track of repairs, improvements, and other information about your items and home.
BE READY IN CASE OF DISASTER OR THEFT
• Store details about your items such as make, model, serial numbers, purchase price and date, value, warranty information and much more.
• Store multiple photos of your items and home.
• The details, receipts and photos in Home Inventory can help establish proof of ownership and replacement value in case you need to file a claim and can ensure a fair settlement.
• Coverage analysis lets you know if you are adequately insured.
• Robust reports can be shared with your insurance agent.
• Stay on top of home maintenance tasks by building a schedule that integrates with Calendar and Reminders.
• Keep track of important information about your home, such as the year it was built, square footage, purchase price, and your property assessment history.
• Assign an heir to each item in your inventory.
• An Heir report can be added as an addendum to your will.
FAST AND EASY DATA ENTRY
• Add items to your inventory while away from your computer with our free helper app, Home Inventory Remote Entry, for the iPhone and iPad.
• Add items to your inventory by scanning UPC/EAN barcodes from Home Inventory Remote Entry on your iPhone or iPad.
• Use Home Inventory's Inbox to store receipts for items that you wish to add to your inventory later.
• Add receipts to the Home Inventory's Inbox, directly from your email or browser, without having to open Home Inventory.
HOME INVENTORY ON IOS
• Backup and view your inventory on your iPhone or iPad with our free Home Inventory Mobile Backup app.
• Quickly enter item information away from your computer on your iPhone or iPad with our free Home Inventory Remote Entry app.
OTHER KEY FEATURES
• Use your scanner to add photos and receipts
• Customizable fields and field layouts
• Built-in currency conversion
• Robust and flexible reporting options
• Password protection
• Import and export CSV data
• Warranty expiration alerts
• Keep multiple inventories
• Supports Tabs in Sierra
If you have any problems or suggestions, please visit our support page at https://binaryformations.com/support
• Added Touch Bar support.
• You can now open password protected inventory files on your Mac using Touch ID (must be enabled under Preferences).
• Fixed a bug where you could not save a report as a PDF over an existing report with the same file name.
Most Helpful Reviews
The only app that has ever made the process of making a home inventory seem feasible! - I've been using Home Inventory since 2009 and since the addition of the iOS Photo Remote app, it has become a very powerful and easy to use tool to keep track of the stuff that we purchase and things that we already own. I make sure to scan each new purchase before getting rid of the box, snap a few pictures, enter the serial number, choose category/location and we're good to go. Being able to attach scanned receipts and warranty info is very useful, and the reports that are generated are very comprehensive and easy to read. The new interface in version 3 is very nice. The developer has helped me with issues and gotten back to me via email extremely quickly, and is always pleasant and ever eager to implement fixes and listen to suggestions. One of my most highly recommended apps, both for the quality of the app itself and for my customer service experience.
Misleading ease of use - I've had this product over a month and havent even entered one item yet. Why would you advertise a compatibility with iphone/ipad that initially is only for backing up to look at items on the go? Then you add a photo remote to make adding items easier, but you physically need to have the connection going with the computer over wifi while entering. I purchased this software to speficially help my parents inventory their home, and link it to my MacAir, only to find out I need to be physically present with my laptop during the process. This is extremely time consuming and not easy to use, which is the exact opposite reason I purchased this product.
More Reviews for Current Version
Another nice upgrade - This program continues to make the job of preparing a home inventory as easy as it can be. It is well designed, reliable, has all the features I need, and remains straightforward and simple to use. The support for moving (you can print a report listing all items (or the ones you designate) with checkboxes for “Out” and “in”, so you can track what has left and what has arrived) is particularly welcome. There are more features I haven’t explored - eg., Collections - but everything I have used has been terrific.
Very nice application that works great!!!! - This is a very easy to use program, but with lots of flexibility. It can be used quickly for home inventory with virtually no set up required, but it also allows the user to customize most of the features. That greatly expands the usefulness of the applicaiton. Adding photos to an inventory is quick and easy. The available pre set reports cover most needs, but again, it allows you to create custom reports. It supports setting up muiltiple independent inventories, each with their own separate classifications, locations, and collections. So whlle it is a “Home Inventory” program, it can be used for anything that involves keeping track of multiple items with or without photos. In my case, I use it for collectible inventories, home inventory, vintage car parts inventory, etc. A great value, and a program that makes keeping any inventory actually fun!!!
Loved this App Until It Lost All My Inventory - I’ve been a fan of Home Inventory for several years and have painstakenly entered my collectible inventory item by item with pictures, scanned receipts and descriptions. I had over 300 items in the system and really felt good that it backed up things whenever I closed. HOWEVER, that ended with this latest update. When the company pushes out an update, they don’t give you a choice of whether to use the current version or to update to the newer version. I went through the prompts on the screen and updated like I had in the past versions, only this time it LOST 3/4 OF MY INVENTORY! When the updated version opened, my categories were there, but most were EMPTY. Over 200 entries were missing. :( I almost cried because this had taken me years to compile!! I tried importing from a back-up and it says I don’t have permission? All I can say is that you need to be VERY cautious if you’re going to invest time with this program and be sure to create a separate back-up to your computer, not the App back-up that happens when you close it out, because it is NOT reliable!
tremendous app! - I really love this app for maintaining our home inventory. It’s very well designed, actively maintained, and definitely mac-like. Over the years I’ve relied on homebuilt databases using things like Bento (RIP) but this is a much more elegant solution, especially with the companion data entry app for the iPhone. If you have insurance you need this app. I can’t recommend it strongly enough!