Developer: David Castaldo
Current Version: 1.5.3
Last Updated: 6 days ago
Download Size: 8.1 MB - Download
HomeControl is a HomeKit alternative for MacOS. It controls Philips Hue lights and Belkin Wemo switches. This app is additionally capable of controlling iHome switches, but support for this is experimental and currently requires having your iHome API key to input into the app settings.
● All devices can be controlled individually or in groups.
● Supports colors, brightness, saturation
● Supports Scenes with full control of scene devices and settings.
● Device Groups can be set to also control subgroups, ie: an "Office Lights" group can also control a "Desk Lamps" subgroup.
● Menu-bar control allows quick access to all groups and devices.
● Full configuration can be saved to disk. This allows easy configuration of multiple networked MacOS computers.
● Fully tested with multiple Philips Hue extended color lights, Wemo Insight, Wemo Switch, Wemo Lightswitch, iHome iSP6
● Improved Scene List with option to turn off all devices in selected Scene
● Drag/Drop items in Group Control collection view
● Column sorting of Device List view and Scene Control view
● Group List now has its own window
● Improved multi-selection in Device List and Group List
● Improved device slider synchronization
● Improved table headers
● Improved Device List scrolling
● Improved window resizing
● More Group Images
● Performance Enhancements
● Better error handling when Wemo device is removed from the network / device IP address is changed
Most Helpful Reviews
Just what I was looking for! - I have a Hue setup with mostly Hue lightbulbs, but also have 2 Wemos. This app is exactly what I was looking for. It controls all of my Hue bulbs and Wemos with simple menus. It is much more than just a menubar toggle (although it does that too!). I love that I can setup my scenes and control everything on my iMac. It is a perfect control station. Just for fun, I actually also installed this app on an old 2010 Mabook Pro, not really expecting anything. I was deligted to see that it works perfectly on my old computer too! Awesome.