Current Version: 2.82
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 41.1 MB - Download
Hearts! by GrassGames is a beautiful 3D computer game version of the popular card game for 3 or 4 players.
- Intelligent Computer opponents
- Full Network Play (*)
- "American", "Omnibus Hearts" and "Black Maria" variants included
- 3D cameras and animation effects
- Fully customizable playing areas
- Fully customizable card decks and backs
- The ability to create and print out your own card decks
* Note: Network play is currently possible against other Mac players and also Windows players online or locally over a local network connection. Upcoming releases of the the game for iPhones and iPads will enable network play with players on those devices also. If you have other computers in your house (or an iPhone or iPad when the new versions come to those devices), you can very easily setup a local network game of Hearts in your own home.
Fixes to stats and updated to network lobby.
Most Helpful Reviews
Hearts! - Love this game. I only play against the computer, as I've found no one waiting online to play. But it's still great, and I like how you can set your own options, even how long the game lasts! Highly recommend.
How to destroy what was once a good game - A significant change in the newest version (2.76) has basically destroyed this game. On virtually every hand, one of the AI players tries to shoot the moon. They are successful about half the time. In a recent game, the AI’s shot the moon in five of six consecutive hands. Part of the problem is that when one of them is trying to shoot, the other AI players will not take a trick to stop the attempt even though they often have the cards to do so. This change has taken what was once a good game and turned it into one that is totally predictable and no longer enjoyable.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great Hearts game! - I don’t play it online, but the single player mode is fun for me. The AI’s are challenging enough that I don’t always win. They seem to play well. I’ve not seen evidence of poor play by the computer that others elude to. The AI’s will take heart tricks to stop each other (and you) from shooting the moon. Just because I gave it 5 stars doesn’t mean it can’t get better. It can be hard to see the cards that players 2 and 4 collected because the results are obsucred by a semi-transparent window on which the cumulative results is displayed. When playing with the Jack of Diamonds the cumulative score doesn’t display negative numbers, which can make it hard to figure who took the Jack. I hope you keep tweaking this great app!
There are a lot of positive things - However, the play is really slow. Clicking cards on the passing is very clunky and not intuitive.