HazeOver • Distraction Dimmer
Current Version: 1.7.7
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 9.2 MB - Download
Get rid of distractions and focus on your current task. HazeOver automatically highlights the front app window by dimming all background windows. ▸▸▸ Demo Video & TRIAL version: HazeOver.com
• Spend less time managing windows. Window clutter will no longer bother you.
• Got a big screen? Then going full screen is not an option for you. HazeOver to the rescue!
• Multiple displays? HazeOver will let you know which screen is focused or highlight a window on each monitor.
• Working at night? Reduce brightness of OS X interface without sacrificing legibility or color accuracy of the front window.
• Dark menu bar and Dock mode will look soooo pleasing.
Heavy multi-tasking kills your concentration. All that tweets, emails, chat messages and lolcats staring back at you from the background. They strive for your attention. And you only have that much of it.
Don’t let yourself drown in scores of open windows. Hiding, switching, looking for the right one, more hiding, more switching. Calm down, breathe in, breathe out, launch HazeOver and finally concentrate on what’s you’ve been up to.
HazeOver automatically highlights an active window or app when you switch windows. The less important things gently fade away in the background, helping increase your productivity.
Set the hazing intensity and speed to your liking. Be it a soft dimming, an undemanding hint to focus on your workflow. Or a powerful dark background for outright dedication to your current task.
• Desktop is automatically revealed when focused (requires Accessibility)
• Toggle the shade with a keyboard shortcut or adjust intensity with a gesture.
• Dragging stuff between apps? Tap “fn” key and HazeOver will gracefully fade out.
Still unconvinced? Ask LifeHacker, CNET, MacWorld, Engadget and Product Hunt.
Fixed: occasional red tint when using AMD Radeon Pro 4xx series graphics card
Most Helpful Reviews
Better is use than theory - You don’t know how nice this is until you use it. It really does make concentrating on the given window easier; and yes, you always know what window you’re on. Glad I got this, highly recommend it.
Isolator clone. Don't waste your money. - This app does absolutely nothing better than Isolator, which is free. For $2, I expected some improvements, but to my disappointment, this works EXACTLY the same way and is actually less customizable. If you see something in the App Store that looks interesting, do yourself a favor and check Macupdate to see if there is a similar app out there. Chances are there is, and it might even be free. Apps that don't just copy Isolator but do something different are Think (forces you to use one app at a time), and Focusmask, which lets you highlight more than just windows (like paragraphs) and hides the menubar (this is probably the best tool if you want to highlight specific things on a website to make reading easier).
More Reviews for Current Version
Works Great! - Very helpful when trying to focus on a particular task…I like the control I have in the level of “haze”. No crashes, no complaints.
dose what it need to do - very happy with the app
Brilliant Stuff - This should be basic macOS functionality - and it’s elegantly executed. Thank you Maxim!!
Works as promised - Excellent way of keeping focus on the work at hand. Helps keep focus for someone easily distracted...