Developer: Gravit GmbH
Current Version: 3.2.6
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 59.8 MB - Download
A cross-platform design tool for the 21st century.
Gravit Designer is a full-featured, free vector design app right at your fingertips.
Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design, presentations or just like to create cool concept art, Gravit Designer will revolutionize how you work.
Enjoy a clean, intuitive interface, that adjusts itself exactly the way you expect it.
Experience the best PDF import and export engine out there – making it easy to collaborate with other creative professionals.
Have in your hands the most complete SVG editing tool that will blow your mind with unmatched precision, which makes it the Best tool for UI design with non-destructive Boolean operations and a Knife tool.
Quick prototyping and responsive design with using styles, symbols, anchors, pages and master pages.
Mix vectors with multiple filters, stack and arrange them in the way you want. Gravit Designer allows you to add multiple indestructible effects and blending modes to the whole shape or just parts of it. Choose from more than 40 effects and 28 blending modes.
Apply multiple fills and borders to any object and create effects, that you have never seen before with screen, noise and pattern fill modes.
Finally, Gravit Designer gives you unmatched precision in any unit (pixels, mm, cm, etc.) from creating to exporting, which is especially important for print projects.
- Pages with master pages
- Layer groups
- Non-destructive Boolean operations
- Knife tool
- Bezigon tool
- Advanced path tool
- Multiple shape types
- Powerful grids, including isometric
- Rulers and guide lines
- Anchors for responsive design
- Pixel-perfect screen designs
- Multiple fills and borders
- Over 40 effects and 28 blending modes
- Shared Styles
- Powerful text engine
- Web fonts out of the box
- Fully accessible system fonts
- Text on path
- Slices and multiple assets
- Sketch import
- Gravit Cloud
- Assets and design templates
- Video tutorials
- Chinese version
- Plugin development
- Smart guides
What’s New in Version 3.0
- Improved stability and bug fixes
- Improved performance
- Improved UI
- Shared styles
- Multiple fills and borders
- Desktop version
- Pages and master pages
- Presentation mode
With this release, we are providing some more critical fixes:
- More improvements to font importing: we still haven’t ironed out all bugs, but importing fonts should now work across all systems and platforms.
- Made sure that all system fonts are now available in the desktop apps.
- Solved a bug where a text layer is blank when added.
- Added a warning if overlarge images are imported, that could harm the performance.
- Switching between grid types doesn’t break the isometric grid anymore.
- Fixed a bug where the selection box wasn’t correctly updated for nested groups.
- Updated the iPhone presets on the welcome screen.
- “Don’t display message again” on welcome screen missed the checkbox.
- Made some improvements to SVG importing.
- Clipped shapes are now resized correctly alongside other elements.
- Fixed that Arial Black and some other fonts now display correctly.
- Duplicating an element while the Transform tool is opened now retains the selection handles.
- Fixed a bug where the file preview and the actual fill showed a different result.
- Opening a new file doesn’t close old one anymore on Linux.
- Exporting a PDF from “Make exportable” retains effects now.
- Font weight field now shows the correct wight name instead of “Regular.”
- Fixed a bug where the selection box didn’t show correctly for some layers.
- Changed “Export > PDF” in the menu bar to “PDF Document (.pdf) at 72dpi” to prevent confusion about the expected output.
- Fixed a problem with Surface Pro 4 device, that prevented filling input fields.
- Improved loading of .gvdesign files.
- Improved importing of PDF files.
- Fixed PDF exporting indicator.
- Added warning, that shows when there was a problem saving to the Gravit Cloud.
- Performance improvements to grouping and moving elements.
Most Helpful Reviews
Superb Free Vector App - Hands down, this is the best free app I’ve downloaded in a very, very long time. I’ve only used it on a single project, but am extremely satisfied, and I would pay for this app. I’m an intermediate user of the Adobe Illustrator app, but decided it’s too expensive two years ago and switched to the Affinity Designer app. Using Affinity Designer is absolutely great, but I had to really tweak the UI to arrange and show the tools how I wanted. This UI is super streamlined and a lot of thought was put into making the tools available and centered around the work instead of pushed to one side. They have popups instead of slide-open panels that push everything else down to where you can’t see important information at a glance. (Best idea since paneled tools were introduced.) It doesn’t open images directly, but you can import and place them. The one gripe I do have is that it doesn’t yet open AI files, so I’ll need to go back and export AI projects to SVG so this app can open them. Hopefully, that’s a feature coming later. As stated, I would gladly have paid for this app. It hasn’t crashed on me, thus far. Some have reported that here in the reviews. Hopefully, that’s not a very common thing. I’m loving the app so far. I’ve tried a few other free design apps and they don’t compare to this one. Give it a shot.
So Disappointed! - Got this app in July and used it to design a book cover. Getting ready to publish the sequel and the App opens one photo, then freezes. Using a Macbook Pro with latest version of Sierra. This has happened repeatedly; sometimes I have to force quit, sometimes I have to turn off the Mac. I’ve tried closing all other apps before starting Gravit Designer, but it still freezes. Very sad, because this was a great free app!
More Reviews for Current Version
Pretty good free graphic design app - I really enjoy using this app. I would love to see (in future versions) an ability to insert links that can be clicked through on a pdf.
Could Be Great - This app has great potential but has several flaws - the greatest being that anytime a picture is downloaded/imported the entire app freezes and “Force Quit” must be used to close the program and then reopened in order to get it starting again. If only it worked smoothly, I would use it. Let me know when the glitches are fixed. I just might use it again.