Developer: Indeeo, Inc.
Current Version: 3.0.1
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 14.7 MB - Download
Autodesk Graphic is a powerful feature-packed vector drawing and illustration application for Mac OS X.
"Lightweight vector drawing; easy to use; 9/10" - Mac.AppStorm.net
Featured in "Amazing Mac Apps", "...very powerful at a very decent price" - iCreate Magazine
Graphic has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create intricate designs quickly and easily, and continue working on the go with Graphic for the iPad.
Create resolution-independent illustrations that can be pasted into Pages documents, included in Keynote presentations, or used together with iBooks Author.
- Import SVG, PDF, EPS, and Photoshop PSD files.
- Export designs as SVG, PDF, PNG, PSD, JPEG, GIF, and TIFF files.
- Copy selected objects as PNG, PDF, SVG, CSS properties, and Core Graphics code.
- Export icons, bitmap and vector images directly into Xcode xcasset folders.
- Export layers and tagged objects automatically as individual files.
Photoshop PSD Import/Export
- Import layered PSD files with vector paths and effects.
- Shape layers are imported as editable vector paths.
- Layer effects are imported as fully editable drop shadows, inner shadows, glows, etc.
- Export designs as layered PSD files.
Professional Drawing Tools
- Full-featured Bezier Pen tool for creating custom shapes.
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching.
- Essential set of shape creation tools.
- Boolean path combinations.
- Path multi-point selection and editing.
- Join, connect, and disconnect paths.
- Rotate, Scale, and Shear transform tools.
- Compound Paths.
- Convert Anchors tool.
- Eraser tool.
- Scissor tool.
- Dimensioning tool.
- Apply multiple strokes, fills, and effects to any object.
- Apply inner shadows, drop shadows, and glow effects to objects.
- Arrange the order of fills, strokes, and effects using drag and drop.
- 24 vibrant blend modes, including Multiply, Overlay, Linear Burn, Vivid Light, etc.
- Set blend modes for layers, shapes, fills, strokes, shadows, and glow effects.
Many other powerful features, including:
- Shape Libraries.
- Appearance Styles.
- Text on Path.
- Multi-style Text.
- Layers and Groups.
- Smart Alignment Guides.
- Labels and Dimensioning.
- Canvas Scale, Rulers, and Units (mm, cm, inches)
- Canvas Styles.
- Snap to Grid / Snap to Point.
- Align and Distribute objects.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- Linear, Radial, and Angle gradients.
- Image masking.
- Convert Text to Paths.
- Inner and Outer Strokes.
- Outline Stroke.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- RGB, HSB, and Hex Color Pickers.
- Pixel-Preview Mode.
- Import PDF files and annotations.
- Export as vector-based PDF and SVG files.
- Plugins / Powerful scripting API.
- ColorSync Color Management.
- Fast rendering of very complex projects.
- Multi-threaded drawing ensures lag-free scrolling and zooming.
- Fix for 'Adjust Colors' when changing artwork contrast
- Fix for quickly changing brush stroke color
- Fix related to 'Outline Stroke' command
- Other minor fixes and improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Adobe divorce getting easier - iDraw has proven to be an excellent replacement for Adobe Illustrator. Transitioning from a familiar, decades-old, friend was relatively painless. I found the iDraw interface very Adobe-similar, and adapted to the differences without excessive frustration or time. Also impressive is Indeeo Inc's tech support. Response to usage/interface questions was quick, and to my amazement they personally alerted me of implementing a feature request submitted months prior. Very nice! iDraw's rich feature set and prompt tech support makes it a bargain and pleasure to use. Adobe Illustrator replacement seekers will not be dissapointed!
I expect it to all go down hill from here - I enjoyed using this app when I started using it last year but the new Autodesk buyout should change that. When Adobe started buying out it’s main competitors many were forced to buy bad updates at a premium price. Autodesk seems to be going the same route. It would have been good to see this company merge with another smaller company instead. Thankfully Affinity Designer and Photo came out this year and those two apps surpass Graphic in just about every area except for iOS support. I actually think that is fine for the time being as Mac OS is more mature anyways. Affinity versions of iOS are in the works so you can expect to see Graphics few advantages eclipsed quickly as Serif is rapidly coming out with great new updates. Artboards will be available in the next 2-3 months along with many more important updates.
More Reviews for Current Version
needs a lot of work - While mostly functional, it’s missing a lot of features to get any serious work done. How about step and repeat for starters? The pen tools lack any kind of key commands to switch between them when editing lines. There’s no way to add points with any kind of precise control. Hello? How about a way to turn a shape into a selection? One can accomplish some work with it but it’s very tedious work. Maybe if they ever decide to update it to a fully functioning program, I will revise this review. But right now, I’m sorry I paid actual money for it.
Very Limited/Text editing is Terrible/Cool Hand off to iPad - It is a very limited programm as far as text editing goes. I tried to do a simple project entirely on the iPad and moved the project over to my MBP using Dropbox. It was very easy and very cool. Printing anythig from the program is very limited as well. No professional printing features. I do like the scaling and measureing tools, but no where near as powerful as AI+CADtools, which is big money. You get what you pay for. Not having art boards is a huge deal breaker. Another annoyance is not being able to see the artboard border when my artwork bleeds over. I do not like having to select the specific layer before being able to select artwork. It may be useful in some instances, but it’s rather redundant to do two actions to select an object. Pretty neat app. Not an AI contender yet, but I’ll be watching for improvements.
SO FAR… LOVING IT - I am new to this new word of graphic editing so i have many questions about how to use some things and how to do it… SUPPORT IS AMAZING!!!! omg!! ive been emailing back and forth and it doesnt take them more than 1HR to respond back. Bogdan is the person that has been helping me and he is great!! he gives me examples of everything and a step by step of how to do stuff.. and just for $29? come on! you cant beat that! i Highly recommend this app. thumbs up!!
switch from iDraw to Graphic Buggy - I have had iDraw for approximately a year…recently the switch to this format has been buggy to say the least. Trying to save anything from 12 X 14 inches up it crashes. I hope these bugs get fixed soon.
Works the way I think - I’m not a designer but I do use design tools for user interface work and laser cutting. What I like about this app is that it works the way I think - it will give you 90% of a hundred dollar product, and that’s usually all you need. Layers, groups, grids, editing and combining paths (union, subtract, etc.), visual alignment lines, fill (color, gradient, pattern, image), stroke (weight, cap, join, inside/outside/center) - it's all there! Even with all that, the interface and menus are clean and minimal, which is a good thing.