Gradient streamlines the creation of CSS3 Gradients.
It is a simple yet powerful tool to help you get rid of the clumsiness of ALL vendor prefixes.
• Pick the perfect color with Gradient's custom picker (or use the standard Colors window)
• Adjust the value in RGB, HEX or HSL in the input pane
• Use shortcuts to speed up your workflow and make CSS gradient creation as fast as it possibly can be
• Choose between linear and radial gradients
• Set the direction for linear gradients or the center position for radial ones
• Fine tune the output to perfectly suit your needs and your coding style
• Choose between CSS ans SCSS (or Compass) output
And more time-saving features are already in the works, like:
★ Multi-step Gradients
★ More positioning options
Trust the experts:
"You won't find a web designer alive who doesn't cringe at the process of creating CSS3 gradients for the various modern browsers and Internet Explorer. It's incredibly tedious, but, thanks to Gradient, this task now takes seconds!" Jeffrey Way, NetTuts+
"Writing out gradients by hand with all the appropriate vendor prefixes is tedious, error prone, and a waste of time. For simple two color gradients (the majority of use cases) Gradient App is the perfect tool." Chris Coyier, CSS-Tricks
★★★ SASS Support! ★★★
We finally added this new long-awaited output mode and you can choose it now from the Preferences pane.
Mind you, we're not talking about Compass only. It's the real deal:
• SCSS with our own custom mixin you can copy and use
• Compass optimized output
we know you're also still waiting for multi-step Gradients. Let's be clear: we promised, you'll have them.
Most Helpful Reviews
Never updated - I bought this app for the great design. Thats all its got going for it. Its been since 2012 ive been waiting on the multi step gradients. Just google ‘css gradient generator’ and youll have much better options.
More Reviews for Current Version
Doesn't work with retina display - On a retina display this app is pretty much useless.
Good start - Great start. I would love to be able to add more colors and choose where the color stops are. If those two things are added…
Please fix for Retina - This App is great, but it doesn’t work for Retina monitors.
The plans on their website never got updated. - The plans on their website never got updated. UPDATE: It's 2013 now, the fancy Gradient official website still tell you: Multi Step Gradients: HAPPENNING SOON. I've seen this pic 8 months ago. I'll never buy an app made by a designer.
Retina - Does not work properly on retina screens. Already submitted a couple issue tickets for the past month and no reply.