Developer: Portable Databases
Current Version: 4.0
Last Updated: 8 months ago
Download Size: 7.4 MB - Download
Garden Tracker lets you size and plan your garden plots, plant your vegetables, and then track your garden’s progress, including days to harvest, days since watered, and days since last fertilized. All this info is conveniently referenced in a grid you design.
UPDATED FOR 2017! New way to plant:
1. Select a square in the grid by clicking on it
2. Right-click on the square and click "Plant". On a laptop, press the trackpad with 2 fingers.
3. Select "Plant" from the menu
4. Select a plant in the window that appears, then press either "Plant Seed" or "Plant Seedling". Planting by seedling subtracts 15 days from the days to harvest.
Garden Tracker (iOS version) was featured in the April 2013 issue of Wired magazine!
Also included in the Best Gardening Apps of a major national newspaper!
Read the recent glowing review by the NY Times!
See this video review on a national news site!
To plant your vegetables, click and drag on the squares in your garden grid, then select one of the vegetables in the popup, and then click on the "Plant Seed" or "Plant Seedling" buttons.
To add plants, click the "Window" menu and then "Plants". Then either click the + button in the lower left of that window, or duplicate a plant using the gear button. The pre-loaded plants can be used as templates for all the different varieties that exist. If you have an issue, please contact us on the support page of our website, or see the online help.
Now you can upload and download your gardens to Dropbox, and then download them on to your iPhone or iPad! This requires a Dropbox account and version 2.0 or above of the Garden Tracker for your devices.
* Create a garden: Choose the number of rows and columns in your garden, up to 50x50. Create and track as many gardens as you want!
* Fill in your garden grid by choosing from the available, pre-loaded vegetables.
* Track vital garden statistics including days to harvest, days since watered and days since fertilized. Logging watering and fertilizing dates is quick and easy.
* Garden Tracker comes pre-loaded with over 50 common vegetable/herbs and general planting information including spacing, water needs, ideal soil temperature, recommended planting season, and recommended planting depth. Any of this information can be edited.
* Fully customizable to your plants: add your own vegetable, herbs, or even flowers! Add an unlimited number of plants that you can then add to and track in your garden.
* Keep notes on your gardens, log actual harvest date, and update your garden through the season.
* Handy reference tools useful for any gardener:
- Garden Zone map with first and last frost dates for your USDA planting zone.
- Visual pest database with common pests and a focus on organic solutions to help tackle intruders in the field.
IMPORTANT! IF YOU HAVE CRITICAL GARDENS, YOU MUST BACK THEM UP BEFORE UPDATING THIS APP! To back them up, use Time Machine or some other suitable backup software.
Major update for 2017!
* RIGHT-CLICK in the green area to Plant, Water, Fertilize, Treat, Harvest, Move, or Dig up plants! On a trackpad, use two-fingers and click.
* Many popovers have been replaced with windows to make planting and updating faster.
* Now you can move squares and their histories around!
- Easier to add gardens
- The garden buttons have been moved to a toolbar on top of the window
- The History and Yield windows have been split into two so that you can see both at the same time
- Mark plants as favorites
- Change garden notes in the settings window
- Enter germinations and descriptions for plants
- Many other small improvements and bug fixes
There is Help in the app. Click the Help menu, then "Garden Tracker Help" to read it.
If you have any issues with this update, we would appreciate you contacting us first on our support page before leaving a critical review. Then we will address your concerns rapidly!
Most Helpful Reviews
Very nice! - The new in-depth guide in the Help is useful. This mac version is better than the iphone one because I can make the garden larger.
A True Waste - This program must be a joke with the punch line of futility. The program states that it lets you keep track of the your garden. When you do create your layout the program will not let put the "plant" in the spot it is supposed to go or anywhere else. There is no help or explanations of any kind. I know it was only five dollars, but I would rather use it for an ice cream cone.
More Reviews for Current Version
Don’t Purchase! - This is difficult to use. Does not have simple things like “rose” under flowers. Directions to add plants aren’t clear. Almost no navigation tools. I wanted a simple way to plot my garden because I want to be gardening, not trying to figure out this planner. I would like a refund!
Not easy to use - It was poorly integrated set of features that I found to be very frustrating to use.