Current Version: 10.1.6
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 955.8 MB - Download
Rebuilt from the ground up with a fresh new look and amazing new features, GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer, or mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets, and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• A fresh new look, designed for easy music making
• Stay in perfect tune with a larger, more responsive Tuner
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the all-new interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer or beat producer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 28 players from popular genres like EDM, Hip Hop, Rock, and Alternative
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
All-new Sound Library
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Matching to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Create a ringtone, export to your iTunes library, or share directly to SoundCloud
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
Works with Logic Remote for iPad
• Use your iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous*
• Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and use How Did I Play to get feedback on how accurately you played
* GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Fantastic Tool - This program is the reason I switched to Apple computers. In the past, I’ve used multiple kinds of DAW software on a PC and three different kinds of stand alone, digital multitrack recorders. I’ve also recorded in a semi-professional studio. With all the other ways of recording I’ve used, I felt like the process of recording was holding me back. Garage band is so easy to use that I can just play and have it sound decent. I wouldn’t say that I’ve been able to get radio quality recordings, but my garage band recordings completely blow away everything I’ve done in the years prior. Recently the update with the realistic drum machine and the additional sounds has been fantastic. I still end up having a real person record drums, but while I’m getting the song down, I use the drum machine. It really helps to map out the dynamics and allows me to put more emotion into my playing, because it’s not just a straight beat. I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable using the drum machine in my final mix….I just prefer to collaborate with other people. If you want to be a musician that records their own music, rather than a sound engineer who happens to be a musician, this program works really well.
What happened? - What happened to this great piece of recording software?!?! Trying to find where all the FX processing disappeared to. I want the old version back! Maybe I should do some more research but I should not have to do that. I should be able to jump right in. It started as a real intuitive piece of software and now I am spending time looking for where everything went. Did my Jam Packs disappear? This is the reason I stopped recording long ago when DAW first appeared. Learning curve getting in the way of the creative process was my main complaint, so here we go again. I guess Apple can’t stand success. Now, back to searching for assistance for the next hour or two.
More Reviews for Current Version
Lessons not downloading - v10.1.6, Yosamite I have been able to create projects and there is some satisfaction. But now I want to check out the free lessons and the lessons will not download. Also, I am spending way too much time trying to figure out how to not get the last project to automatically load when I start the program.
GARBAGE BAND! - Not able to download any of the lessons. I have tried on multiple Macs, none of the lessons will download on any computer. A huge disappointment.
NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME! - No matter how any times I install or uninstall this app, the “About” dropdown, preferences dropdown, library dropdowns are all greyed out. There is a post on Apple forums with this exact issue and no one has answered it. To me this suggests that Apple does not know how to fix this. UNACCEPTABLE - this should not have left Beta!
same as most of the others, does not work - Uninstalled and reinstalled because said it was recently updated, exact same problem others are having, but has not been addressed by apple for nearly a decade. Amazing. Shameful.
issue - Let me start by saying that the app is great, but for some reason everytime i try to plug in a usb mic it starts acting up. The audio will begin to skip or even repeat certain parts of vocals that are recorded.. i’m just waiting for the next update, then maybe the issue will be resolved.