Current Version: 10.2
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 996.8 MB - Download
Rebuilt from the ground up with a fresh new look and amazing new features, GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer, or mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets, and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• A fresh new look, designed for easy music making
• Stay in perfect tune with a larger, more responsive Tuner
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the all-new interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer or beat producer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 28 players from popular genres like EDM, Hip Hop, Rock, and Alternative
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
All-new Sound Library
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Matching to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Create a ringtone, export to your iTunes library, or share directly to SoundCloud
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
Works with Logic Remote for iPad
• Use your iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous*
• Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and use How Did I Play to get feedback on how accurately you played
* GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
• New modern design with improved ease of use
• Adds Touch Bar support to quickly navigate around your project and perform instruments
• 3 new Drummers who play percussion in the styles of Pop, Songwriter, and Latin
• Introduces new Drummer loops which can be added to your song and then customized with performance controls
• Remotely add new tracks to your project using GarageBand on your iPhone or iPad
Most Helpful Reviews
Fantastic Tool - This program is the reason I switched to Apple computers. In the past, I’ve used multiple kinds of DAW software on a PC and three different kinds of stand alone, digital multitrack recorders. I’ve also recorded in a semi-professional studio. With all the other ways of recording I’ve used, I felt like the process of recording was holding me back. Garage band is so easy to use that I can just play and have it sound decent. I wouldn’t say that I’ve been able to get radio quality recordings, but my garage band recordings completely blow away everything I’ve done in the years prior. Recently the update with the realistic drum machine and the additional sounds has been fantastic. I still end up having a real person record drums, but while I’m getting the song down, I use the drum machine. It really helps to map out the dynamics and allows me to put more emotion into my playing, because it’s not just a straight beat. I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable using the drum machine in my final mix….I just prefer to collaborate with other people. If you want to be a musician that records their own music, rather than a sound engineer who happens to be a musician, this program works really well.
What happened? - What happened to this great piece of recording software?!?! Trying to find where all the FX processing disappeared to. I want the old version back! Maybe I should do some more research but I should not have to do that. I should be able to jump right in. It started as a real intuitive piece of software and now I am spending time looking for where everything went. Did my Jam Packs disappear? This is the reason I stopped recording long ago when DAW first appeared. Learning curve getting in the way of the creative process was my main complaint, so here we go again. I guess Apple can’t stand success. Now, back to searching for assistance for the next hour or two.
More Reviews for Current Version
won’t even update - I’ve never used GarageBand before, but the fact that my Mac has tried to update this app every day since the new update came out with no success shows that something is terirbly wrong with this update. I’m interested in using the app, but the newest update is tremendously flawed. I hope a new update comes out soon so that my computer can successfully install it and my work will stop being interrupted by “Error in downloading GarageBand. Please try again” windows.
Change in instruments for no reason - this recent update of GarageBand got my airdrop of House Machine Tracks to go from cymbals like sounds to bongos like sounds automatically (doing it via iPhone to Mac). But overall, its a really good app.
No podcast option! - Be careful yall the latest version doesnt have the Podcast feature. Ill be trying to find some other way. Guess Ill be deleting this app.
A great app! - I’ve been using GarageBand for years and I love it! It’s super easy to use, and all of the essentials are easily accessible. Lots of third party plugins also work very nicely. One thing I wish could improved is the flex timing feature. The quality really isn’t that good after audio is stretched a lot. I know that this is done on purpose so that there is no lag or rendering time, but if there were a checkbox in the preferences panel that allowed for higher quality stretching upon export, then that would be perfect because I use that feature a lot when making remixes. Overall, I really love GarageBand!
Love it! But... - I am a musician. I love making music on this app. It is extremely helpful and has really gave me a jumpstart. However, I think that this app would be better if we had an option to record the song as a WHOLE while we are playing it. What I mean is that I think this app should have a “Final Recording” option, so that way when we are playing it and editing it, we can record the whole thing. Other than that thought, great app!