Current Version: 10.1.6
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 955.8 MB - Download
Rebuilt from the ground up with a fresh new look and amazing new features, GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer, or mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets, and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• A fresh new look, designed for easy music making
• Stay in perfect tune with a larger, more responsive Tuner
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the all-new interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer or beat producer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 28 players from popular genres like EDM, Hip Hop, Rock, and Alternative
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
All-new Sound Library
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Matching to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Create a ringtone, export to your iTunes library, or share directly to SoundCloud
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
Works with Logic Remote for iPad
• Use your iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous*
• Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and use How Did I Play to get feedback on how accurately you played
* GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Fantastic Tool - This program is the reason I switched to Apple computers. In the past, I’ve used multiple kinds of DAW software on a PC and three different kinds of stand alone, digital multitrack recorders. I’ve also recorded in a semi-professional studio. With all the other ways of recording I’ve used, I felt like the process of recording was holding me back. Garage band is so easy to use that I can just play and have it sound decent. I wouldn’t say that I’ve been able to get radio quality recordings, but my garage band recordings completely blow away everything I’ve done in the years prior. Recently the update with the realistic drum machine and the additional sounds has been fantastic. I still end up having a real person record drums, but while I’m getting the song down, I use the drum machine. It really helps to map out the dynamics and allows me to put more emotion into my playing, because it’s not just a straight beat. I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable using the drum machine in my final mix….I just prefer to collaborate with other people. If you want to be a musician that records their own music, rather than a sound engineer who happens to be a musician, this program works really well.
What happened? - What happened to this great piece of recording software?!?! Trying to find where all the FX processing disappeared to. I want the old version back! Maybe I should do some more research but I should not have to do that. I should be able to jump right in. It started as a real intuitive piece of software and now I am spending time looking for where everything went. Did my Jam Packs disappear? This is the reason I stopped recording long ago when DAW first appeared. Learning curve getting in the way of the creative process was my main complaint, so here we go again. I guess Apple can’t stand success. Now, back to searching for assistance for the next hour or two.
More Reviews for Current Version
GARBAGE BAND! - Not able to download any of the lessons. I have tried on multiple Macs, none of the lessons will download on any computer. A huge disappointment.
Cant Download all the Loops - Hey! The App is really great, and i love it, its really easy to understand and to use. But I just don't know why, the loops library is not downloading. I just have a few sounds and thats it. It wont let me add more. At the side of every sound that i can’t download there is and spining circule. If you guys help me with this i change my rate to 5 stars! Thanks
Nice but 1 very weird thing is happening to me - So I am trying to make music for my friend that contains a dubstep drop. I want to make my own notes. I know where to start but it will not let me write down the notes. So when i do Command + K or something it wont save the sound. But regarding that its very nice. Has nice sounds and music and many ways to make a good song! Good job on this but the first thing makes me kinda stressed watching all the tutorials about that. Noone has it but me on YT so I feel very left out.
DISK TOO SLOW - i am using a 2015 imac with 8gb ram. Previously I was using a 2008 MacBook with only 4gb ram and HAD NO ISSUES. Now on my almost new computer that should be plenty fast, I get an error message when recording simple 4 track songs. super annoying.
Mixer Bug makes it almost unusable - It started out promising, but when you try and use their lessons feature, the old recordings and the current instrument (midi piano) get smashed into the same audio channel so you hear your previous recording over top of your current playing making it very hard to determine if you are making the same mistakes again or its the previous recording. Small bug that has been around for years that shows Apple isn't paying much attention to this product.