Developer: William Modesitt
Current Version: 2.92
Last Updated: 11 days ago
Download Size: 5.3 MB - Download
Edit GPS eXchange format (GPX) files on your Mac.
GPX Editor can edit GPX files exported from many GPS devices and other apps.
- Open, edit and save multiple GPX files.
- View with Apple Maps or Open Street Maps.
- View and edit waypoints, routes, tracks, track points, and file info.
- View charts such as elevation vs. track point (when elevation exists).
- Copy waypoints, routes, tracks and file info and paste to a spreadsheet.
- Copy & paste waypoints, routes, and tracks from one file to another.
- Show or hide waypoints and track points.
- Drag waypoints and track points to a new location on the map.
- Add new waypoints, routes, tracks and track points.
- Get current weather for a waypoint or track point.
- View Google map of waypoints or track points when available.
- Download elevation for any waypoint or track point.
- Take a screen shot of the map for printing or reference.
- Drag and drop track points to rearrange their ordering (within the track point list).
- Preferences let you change pin, route and track colors and more.
- Flickr search for photos and videos at any waypoint or track point location.
- Delete waypoints, routes and track points to refine your GPX file.
- Delete multiple track points easily.
- Merge track points.
- Combine track segments.
- Combine tracks.
- Convert track points into waypoints.
- Delete track segments.
- And more!
For example, you have a track from a bike ride, but you want to trim the beginning and end portions of the track. With GPX Editor it’s easy to delete multiple track points for this very purpose!
Thank you for submitting your suggestions and bug reports! For this version the changes are:
• Set a time zone in the preferences; affects all open files.
• Copy / Paste track points improved.
• Added Edit Waypoint to Edit menu.
• Improved accuracy of latitude & longitude values.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
Swiss Army Knife of GPX Utilities? - I purchased this software for a use it was not particularly intended for: creating .gpx files from scratch to be imported into my Goldwing motorcycle’s built-in (Garmin) GPS for backroads touring. Most times, if you allow a GPS to provide your routing, it may offer the most efficient route, but not necessarily the most scenic or enjoyable one. In an effort to minimze my superslab (interstate highways) travel, I usually prefer to plan routes for their enjoyment, not how quickly I can get somewhere. I’ve used an online trip planner and mapping tool (web-based) in the past to generate routes and save them to a .gpx file for use on the bike, but it always seemed to be much more of a struggle than it should have been, regardless of which browser I tried. Though, admittedly, my initial attempt at using GPX Editor for this task was not completely successful, it was the most user-friendly and intuitive software I had tried to-date for this purpose. Initially I would have only given this a three stars rating based on the app’s capabilities for ‘my’ intended use, though it should have rated higher than that for most users who are importing GPX track files from an actual GPS unit. Then I contacted the developer, Bill, and my mental tally for this app’s rating immediately increased to a four. At the moment, I cannot recall more helpful and timely responses from a software developer, and I write this as someone who’s been running a full-time Mac consulting practice for seventeen years now! In only four days, which to me is amazing, the features (software functions) that I needed to make this app useful for my intended purpose have already been implemented! I very rarely write reviews, but have been so impressed with this easy and inexpensive solution to a problem that used to take some of the joy out of planning Moto trips w/GPS routings, that I had to offer this review. Yes, it’s a niche product with limited purpose, but for what it does, and considering the developer’s concern for assisting his customers, I have to give GPX Editor FIVE STARS. Keep up the good work!
More Reviews for Current Version
Excellent Support & good replacement for VantagePoint - I recently purchased GPX Editor to run on my MacBook Pro. I have been moving data from VantagePoint (which doesn’t run on a Mac) into it. I wanted to add two waypoints which I did successfully and then I wanted to change the date and time field to reflect when I was at the two waypoints (I dive and mark my diving sites based on the time stamp in my dive computer) I couldn't seem to open the date and time field and make a change. I addressed this issue to the developer and received a very kind reply from William Modesitt telling me he would address the issue in a future update. Within 24 hours I looked for an update in the app store and there it was. With the new update, I was able to edit my new waypoints. I have worked in the IT field since 1981 and have NEVER had this kind of service from a developer. Thanks!