GIPHY Capture. The GIF Maker
Developer: Giphy, Inc.
Current Version: 3.5
Last Updated: 8 days ago
Download Size: 5.2 MB - Download
GIPHY Capture is the best way to create GIFs on your Mac. This free app is simple, powerful, and easy enough for pretty much anyone.
• Create your GIF with just a couple clicks.
• Click to start, click to stop!
• Capture GIFs up to 30 seconds long.
• Super simple editing lets you get creative, fast.
• Pick which kind of loop you like best.
• Adjust the frame rate to your liking.
- Animated captions: add them, style them, animate them!
• Preview the file size of your GIF before saving.
QUICKLY SAVE & SHARE
• Email your friends your favorite videos as GIFs.
• Or just save it for later!
SIMPLE UPLOAD TO GIPHY
• Hold onto your favorite GIF creations forever.
• Easily access them whenever you want.
• Share your GIFs on Facebook, Tweet them to Twitter, or send them in Facebook Messenger.
Have any Questions? Comments? Issues? Visit GIPHY.com for more info or get in touch with us at [email protected]!
- Fixes issue where GIFs save half-way and then stops.
- Optimizations around reverse/ping-pong loops - particularly for long videos.
Most Helpful Reviews
Easy … Once you figure it out. - A paragraph of instruction would have been nice. Once you figure it out it’s a breeze. I was NOT forced to upload anything to GIPHY or join their site. I was able to save it anywhere on my computer I wanted to. *** Your video will play behind the APP window. You simply start and stop the recording where you want. Don’t worry you can fine tune it in the EDIT mode. This is a very good FREE App.
Marketing ploy disguised as an app. - This was not an update, this was a cynical bait and switch scam. This is a marketing ploy disguised as an app. The important abilities to add/delete individual frames and to see the file size before saving have been removed. An example of why these features are important: tumblr allows a 2 meg maximum file size for gifs. Gifgrabber allowed users to edit the gif until it fit within the 2 meg confines before saving. The saved gifs look awful, with loss of detail and color. More time was spent making this look like the Giphy site (which is tacky and obnoxious) than making it a functional and useful app. DO NOT “update” i.e., replace your beloved Gifgrabber with this marketing scheme! It’s only good for newbs or for those wanting to make an occasional gif. I personally have made 1000’s of gifs and have a large following on tumblr. P.S. I’m sure Giphy is working on a “pro” version of this software, which won’t be free. They knew this would cause an outage with gif makers.
More Reviews for Current Version
A very clean interface and nicely featued product! - I just installed this app to grab a screen capture of some animations to show to a thread on a forum. I had been using another capture program, but found it to be hit-or-miss and getting worse over time. I never new what I was missing until I tried GIPHY Capture! Being able to trim the capture to just the right portion is a functionality I didn’t realize I was missing until I had it at my fingertips. I used to have to time things precisely to get the capture I wanted, or open the saved file in The GIMP to erase the frames I didn’t want…Not any more! Being able to watermark and add captions is just gravy on a delictious and juciy app!