Developer: Autodesk Inc.
Current Version: 1.29.4
Last Updated: 5 days ago
Download Size: 775.5 MB - Download
Autodesk® Fusion 360™ is an integrated CAD, CAM, and CAE tool for product development, built for the new ways products are designed and made. With Fusion 360 you have everything you need to bring products to life, from conceptual design, through detailed engineering, machining, sharing, and much more.
Try Fusion 360 free for 30-days.
ITERATE DESIGNS, EXPLORE FORMS
Surface Modeling - Explore ideas and create organic shapes with T-Splines push-pull commands.
Solid Modeling - Direct and history based modeling are seamlessly integrated.
Parametric Modeling – Make changes that automatically update corresponding values and functions of the design.
Mesh Modeling - Import OBJ or STL bodies as mesh models to create custom designs conforming to mesh surfaces.
ENGINEER DESIGNS, EXPLORE FUNCTION
Data Translation - Import and export design files with unlimited CAD translation of over 50 file types.
Assembly Modeling - Assemble components and show how they work in relation to one other.
Joints & Motion Studies - Create relationships, simulate motion, and review the fit and function of designs.
Rendering - Visualize designs with a variety of rendering tools, environments, effects, and visual styles.
Animations- Communicate design concepts with 3D exploded views and animations to show how a model is built or functions.
2.5 Axis & 3 Axis Machining - Prepare designs for machining with integrated CAM for 2D and 3D milling.
3D Printing - Set up designs for 3D printing within Fusion 360.
Drawings - Document designs with associative 2D drawings—any changes made to the model will be automatically updated.
COLLABORATE & MANAGE DESIGNS
Collaboration & Sharing - Collaborate within Fusion 360 by tracking and commenting on project progress, or share project components with other team members.
Version Management - Store and manage all design data in one place with auto-save or manual version control.
Mobile Viewing & Management - Access designs on the go with the free Autodesk Fusion 360 app for iPhone and iPad.
Share or Publish Data & Designs - Share designs with the community or with individuals with secure public sharing links.
Form Inspection & Analysis – Validate a model with curvature comb analysis, zebra analysis, draft analysis, curvature mapping, interference checking, assembly motion studies and more.
The Fusion 360 Ultimate Subscription includes the addition of Advanced CAM (4 and 5-axis), and Advanced Simulation (Buckling, Shape Optimization, Non-Linear Static, and Event Simulation).
All users will get a free 30-day period to try Fusion 360. At the end of your 30-day free period select the subscription option that meets your needs either monthly or annually. Once you select your subscription option, you will not be able to cancel or modify your subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
Fusion 360 Subscription options:
• $39.99 per Month
• $299.99 Annually
Fusion 360 Ultimate Subscription options:
• $189.99 per Month
Contact the Fusion 360 team directly or visit the Support page.
Email: [email protected]
Support Page: http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/support
Operating system: Apple Mac® OS® X Yosemite (10.11) or later production versions
CPU: 64-bit processor (32-bit not supported)
Memory: 3GB DDR RAM (4GB recommended)
Network: DSL Internet connection or faster (broadband recommended)
Hard drive space: 2GB for Fusion 360 client
Graphics Card: 512MB GDDR RAM or more, except Intel GMA X3100 cards
Pointing Device: Apple Mouse, Magic Mouse, MacBook Pro trackpad
- Toolbar sections no longer become empty when you’re dragging icons out
- Closing an unsaved design now has a “Don’t save” option
Design & Modeling
- Sweep tool now has Guide Surface
- Sheet Metal can now Export DXF for flat patterns
- Sheet Metal can now Pick Rule when Flange creates a new component
- Sheet Metal now has Flange collision detection
- Sketch - 'X' key can now toggle construction option
- Sketch - Polygon dimensions
- Stretch Trail lines now have familiar manipulators
- Easier compound transforms with Split Transforms option
- Trail lines from Animations storyboards are now supported in 2D Drawings
- Print a drawing now available
- Simplify functionality now has better interference detection
- Suppress Unselected in Simplify now available
- ESC key now cancels Remove Face and Remove Feature
- Generate Nonlinear Static Stress study reports with graphs and CSV export
- View Nonlinear Static Stress results in Web Viewer
- Purchase additional cloud credits for cloud rendering now available
- When selecting a new tool for a turning operation, the max spindle speed for the operation will no longer be overwritten.
- In the turning groove toolpath, disabling roughing passes in the settings now removes roughing passes from the toolpath.
- Mac Only: Post properties that had text values were not working properly. It is now possible to correctly post process when a post file has properties with text values.
- Toolpath generation was ignoring the number of maximum concurrent toolpath calculations possible. The number of concurrent calculations is now properly restricted. (e.g. generating 100 toolpaths would calculate 100 toolpaths concurrently, instead of 3 at a time.)
- A regression issue where you couldn’t select Flat pattern bend lines for 2D Profile is fixed and are not selectable again.
- Lines have been added to the tool library column headers so that they can be read and resized more easily.
- We removed the mini-HUD when it’s in the heights tab. It was causing more problems than it solved.
- A hole counter has been added to the drilling cycle so that the user can see how many holes have been selected.
- The form tool compensation point is now placed in the correct Z position upon creation when selecting a compensation point not on the bottom of the tool.
- When creating a form tool, an arrow is now displayed next to the tool axis to indicate the Z direction of the tool.
- Access to internal modeling engine to create geometry
- API now support general measurements
- Events for camera changes now available
- The API now supports the twist and taper angle options of the sweep feature
- Hide/unhide bodies light bulbs now available
- Radius/Diameter toggle now available for Circle Sketches
- Sketch Trim and Sketch Break now available
- Colinear constraint now available
- Display measurements in bottom right corner
- Context menu now contains Sketch Constraints in Sketch mode
- Repeat last command now available in context menu
- Rectangular Pattern now has handles
- Refresh page will now reload design
Most Helpful Reviews
its not free except for hobbyist. - Remember free is not always free. You are allowed to try it for free for 29 days. It has a subscription cost. However, after speaking with the Autodesk rep she told me at the end of the testing period that if you are a hobbist it is free for one year. That fits my bill since I am retired.
Unresponsive on MBP Retina late 2013 - This program did not function at all for me. After creating an account, several attempts to complete the first basic tutorial always hung the program needing it to be force-quit. Also, this is NOT a free program. You will probably have to pay after 30 days, as there was an indicator saying 30 days remaining.