Developer: Autodesk Inc.
Current Version: 1.29.8
Last Updated: 3 days ago
Download Size: 772.6 MB - Download
Autodesk® Fusion 360™ is an integrated CAD, CAM, and CAE tool for product development, built for the new ways products are designed and made. With Fusion 360 you have everything you need to bring products to life, from conceptual design, through detailed engineering, machining, sharing, and much more.
Try Fusion 360 free for 30-days.
ITERATE DESIGNS, EXPLORE FORMS
Surface Modeling - Explore ideas and create organic shapes with T-Splines push-pull commands.
Solid Modeling - Direct and history based modeling are seamlessly integrated.
Parametric Modeling – Make changes that automatically update corresponding values and functions of the design.
Mesh Modeling - Import OBJ or STL bodies as mesh models to create custom designs conforming to mesh surfaces.
ENGINEER DESIGNS, EXPLORE FUNCTION
Data Translation - Import and export design files with unlimited CAD translation of over 50 file types.
Assembly Modeling - Assemble components and show how they work in relation to one other.
Joints & Motion Studies - Create relationships, simulate motion, and review the fit and function of designs.
Rendering - Visualize designs with a variety of rendering tools, environments, effects, and visual styles.
Animations- Communicate design concepts with 3D exploded views and animations to show how a model is built or functions.
2.5 Axis & 3 Axis Machining - Prepare designs for machining with integrated CAM for 2D and 3D milling.
3D Printing - Set up designs for 3D printing within Fusion 360.
Drawings - Document designs with associative 2D drawings—any changes made to the model will be automatically updated.
COLLABORATE & MANAGE DESIGNS
Collaboration & Sharing - Collaborate within Fusion 360 by tracking and commenting on project progress, or share project components with other team members.
Version Management - Store and manage all design data in one place with auto-save or manual version control.
Mobile Viewing & Management - Access designs on the go with the free Autodesk Fusion 360 app for iPhone and iPad.
Share or Publish Data & Designs - Share designs with the community or with individuals with secure public sharing links.
Form Inspection & Analysis – Validate a model with curvature comb analysis, zebra analysis, draft analysis, curvature mapping, interference checking, assembly motion studies and more.
The Fusion 360 Ultimate Subscription includes the addition of Advanced CAM (4 and 5-axis), and Advanced Simulation (Buckling, Shape Optimization, Non-Linear Static, and Event Simulation).
All users will get a free 30-day period to try Fusion 360. At the end of your 30-day free period select the subscription option that meets your needs either monthly or annually. Once you select your subscription option, you will not be able to cancel or modify your subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
Fusion 360 Subscription options:
• $39.99 per Month
• $299.99 Annually
Fusion 360 Ultimate Subscription options:
• $189.99 per Month
Contact the Fusion 360 team directly or visit the Support page.
Email: [email protected]
Support Page: http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/support
Operating system: Apple Mac® OS® X Yosemite (10.11) or later production versions
CPU: 64-bit processor (32-bit not supported)
Memory: 3GB DDR RAM (4GB recommended)
Network: DSL Internet connection or faster (broadband recommended)
Hard drive space: 2GB for Fusion 360 client
Graphics Card: 512MB GDDR RAM or more, except Intel GMA X3100 cards
Pointing Device: Apple Mouse, Magic Mouse, MacBook Pro trackpad
What's New in v1.29.8
Improvements when Fusion 360 comes back online after an unexpected outage.
Fixed 2 crashes related to “get latest” on a distributed design.
Grey data panel issue fixed
If you were seeing a grey data panel or an error message that said something like “the browser process quit unexpectedly”, then you weren’t alone. We saw it too, and got cracking on fixing it. We found some compatibility issues some files, and got that sorted out.
“No Valid Toolpath” and “Unable to process selected operation(s)” error message loop issue fixed
If you had the "Show operation machining time" option enabled in the CAM section of your preferences, and went ahead to create/edit a CAM operation, you got thrown into a loop of error messages, which annoyed even the most patient Jedi Master. We used the force and fixed the error.
What's New in v1.29.5
Heads up! After the last update we heard from a bunch of you around some issues you noticed got cracking on getting a fix out asap. Here are a few that we got sorted.
APPEARANCE MATERIAL ISSUE FIXED
We fixed a pretty wide-spread issue where some of you have reported that you’ve been crashing when you tried to change appearance materials. You’d think this was graphics related but it was actually tied to non-ASCII usernames on Windows OS. So weird, but now it’s fixed.
PUBLIC SHARE LINK ISSUE FIXED
Apparently when you wanted to get the public share link to a design, something was causing the wires to get all tangled. We got it untangled and getting the public share link to a design is no longer an issue.
SEND TO FUSION PRODUCTION EMPTY PAGE ISSUE FIXED
Within the “Send to Fusion Production” command dialog, there’s an option for you to select the site, but the issue we found was that the field that lets you select which site you want to go to showed “No site available”. Our bad. Now it shows the Fusion Production site.
INCORRECT TOOL PREVIEW IMAGE FOR DRILL IS NOW CORRECT
The tool preview image used for Drill operations in the tool library was apparently using the image set for form tools, and did not look like a drill bit at all. Now it’s sporting the correct tool preview imagery.
What's New in v1.29.4
- Toolbar sections no longer become empty when you’re dragging icons out
- Closing an unsaved design now has a “Don’t save” option
Design & Modeling
- Sweep tool now has Guide Surface
- Sheet Metal can now Export DXF for flat patterns
- Sheet Metal can now Pick Rule when Flange creates a new component
- Sheet Metal now has Flange collision detection
- Sketch - 'X' key can now toggle construction option
- Sketch - Polygon dimensions
- Stretch Trail lines now have familiar manipulators
- Easier compound transforms with Split Transforms option
- Trail lines from Animations storyboards are now supported in 2D Drawings
- Print a drawing now available
- Simplify functionality now has better interference detection
- Suppress Unselected in Simplify now available
- ESC key now cancels Remove Face and Remove Feature
- Generate Nonlinear Static Stress study reports with graphs and CSV export
- View Nonlinear Static Stress results in Web Viewer
- Purchase additional cloud credits for cloud rendering now available
- When selecting a new tool for a turning operation, the max spindle speed for the operation will no longer be overwritten.
- In the turning groove toolpath, disabling roughing passes in the settings now removes roughing passes from the toolpath.
- Post properties that had text values were not working properly. It is now possible to correctly post process when a post file has properties with text values.
- Toolpath generation was ignoring the number of maximum concurrent toolpath calculations possible. The number of concurrent calculations is now properly restricted. (e.g. generating 100 toolpaths would calculate 100 toolpaths concurrently, instead of 3 at a time.)
Most Helpful Reviews
its not free except for hobbyist. - Remember free is not always free. You are allowed to try it for free for 29 days. It has a subscription cost. However, after speaking with the Autodesk rep she told me at the end of the testing period that if you are a hobbist it is free for one year. That fits my bill since I am retired.
Unresponsive on MBP Retina late 2013 - This program did not function at all for me. After creating an account, several attempts to complete the first basic tutorial always hung the program needing it to be force-quit. Also, this is NOT a free program. You will probably have to pay after 30 days, as there was an indicator saying 30 days remaining.