FreeCell - Card Game
Developer: CronlyGames Inc.
Current Version: 2.0.1
Last Updated: 6 months ago
Download Size: 8.3 MB - Download
[Grand Update] Prevent Stale Your Mac OS and
Update the whole UI, make it more clean and clear;
FreeCell is a solitaire-based card game played with a 52-card standard deck. It is fundamentally different from most solitaire games in that nearly all deals can be solved. Although software implementations vary, most versions label the hands with a number (derived from the random number seed used to generate the hand).
Construction and layout:
* One standard 52-card deck is used.
* There are four open cells and four open foundations. Some alternate rules use between one to ten cells.
* Cards are dealt into eight cascades, four of which comprise seven cards and four of which comprise six. Some alternate rules will use between four to ten cascades.
Building during play:
* The top card of each cascade begins a tableau.
* Tableaux must be built down by alternating colors.
* Foundations are built up by suit.
* Any cell card or top card of any cascade may be moved to build on a tableau, or moved to an empty cell, an empty cascade, or its foundation.
* Complete or partial tableaus may be moved to build on existing tableaus, or moved to empty cascades, by recursively placing and removing cards through intermediate locations. While computer implementations often show this motion, players using physical decks typically move the tableau at once.
* The game is won after all cards are moved to their foundation piles.
For games with the standard layout (four open cells and eight cascades) most games are easily solved.
* Tap one column and tap another column, move the cards from the first column to second column if possible;
* Double Tap on the column's last card to move it to buffer area, if possible;
* Drag cards from one column to another column, if possible;
* Auto throw, cards will be throw to recycle automatically, if possible;
* Drag from recycle to columns to restore the recycled card, if possible;
With Auto-throw, it is much more convenient to finish the card puzzle!
Enjoy it, players!
fix minor bugs on new Mac OS X
Most Helpful Reviews
It’s not Windows, but... - I was a Freecell addict for many years when I used Windows. The game I knew wasn’t available on my Mac, so this is a decent substitute. The way I play that game, however, is problematic with the automatic movement of cards to the top. I also wasn’t in the least interested in timing the games. I used to play by seeing how few cards I could put in the Ace stacks to produce a winner. This involved creating long strings on the dealing space and carefully using the Free Cells to make it as hard as possible to win. Even with this, I once won over 160 games in a row. I’ve had this now for about two years, and I’ve NEVER lost a game. Frankly, it’s so easy as to make it useless, but there’s that damned addiction that must be fed. Sigh.
Automatic Playing of Cards Bad Idea - Stacks cards on the aces before you choose to. This makes the card unusable for making future plays which hinders the ability to win a game. Also the inane, mindless musical back ground which I couldn’t turn off. I deleted it after the first game.
More Reviews for Current Version
Hate it!! iphone version better in every way - Don’t recall previous version(s) but this game automatically plays on the aces and there is NOTHING you can do about it. if you need to hold onto a card for strategic reasons, it won’t let you, no matter how many times you undo. And you can’t just undo one card-move. If one player move caused two cards to be played on the aces, and you hit undo, it retracts both moves, not just the last one. There is no way to separate the moves. Also the iphone version lets you tap on a card and it will play it for you — not just on the aces, all moves — without constant clicking and dragging, which gets old fast. I won’t ever play this again.
Freecell-Bad updates! - I just updated this app. Now it doesn’t work at all. I even deleted and reloaded it. Still doesn’t work. Please fix it!! None of the cards will move!
Freecell - It use to work really well. After new update can’t play it anymore. It freezes, won’t go to next game etc. As usual when they update a game it doesn’t work as well.
Buggy - The game used to work well. After the latest update it doesn’t work correctly. Freezes. Pointer location on cards to pick up cards is too small and makes it hard to grab cards. Please fix.
Terrible - I don’t know what you did but it is now micro sized. Terrible change.