Current Version: 1.2.1
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 1.4 MB - Download
Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Frank. Frank DeLoupe. Your new color-picking friend.
With Frank you can pick any color, anywhere on your screen and then:
• The USUAL: copy paste the value from the clipboard to your editor of choice
• The COOL: have it right into Photoshop with no extra effort
• Retina Display support for ALL pixels
• 8x Loupe so you actually see what you're picking
• A lovely label with RGB or HEX values for preliminary inspection
• Color Wheel so you can even refine your choice (or choose new colors!)
• Unobtrusive menu bar presence and automatic launch at login so he's there when you need him
• System-wide Hotkey to perfectly match your workflow
• Click to pick Foreground color or Alt (⌥) Click to pick Background color
• Keyboard control for super accurate picking (hit spacebar or Alt Spacebar to pick the color)
• CSS (HEX, #HEX, HSL, RGB), NSColor, UIColor, CGColor and GLColor formats available!
• Color space selection (Native, sRGB, Adobe RGB, Generic RGB)
• The fattest eyedropper on the menubar ever (if you want it)
Show Frank your love, help spread the word. There are a lot of designers in need out there.
Frank talks to Photoshop via Adobe Remote Connections so you will need Photoshop CS5 (12.0.4) or higher if you want the COOL to work.
Even more code formats:
- HSB for NSColor and UIColor
- Generic RGB
- Generic HSB
*FIXES & TWEAKS*
Spacebar now properly works when moving and selecting from your keyboard.
More detail in floating point values.
Most Helpful Reviews
Works seamlessly - You guys thought of everything, as far as I can tell. Love the simple design too. Photoshop integration makes this a perfect app.
More Reviews for Current Version
Don’t know what I’d do without it. - I really can’t overstate how helpful this app has been over the last several years. Whether I’m designing in Photoshop or coding HTML/CSS, having instant access to a color on my screen (and a hex value immediately copied to the clipboard with or without the preceding “#”) has made my life much simpler more times than I can begin to count. Really glad this exists.
Simple proves to be perfect! - Seamlessly grabs any color I want or need for any format I find myself working in. The design is simple and straightforward which, initially had me a bit skeptical - how could something that looks so easy perform such complex functions? But when a well known web designer recommended Frank DeLoupe, I didn’t hesitate to make the purchase. Now, this is my go-to color app over several much more costly alternatives! I only wish I had come across it earlier!
Simple, yet perfect - This app is perfect. So much better than any Chrome extension that is available. I can grab RGBa or Hex values from any screen that I am on seamlessly. Really simple interactions, can’t say enough good things about it. Definitely worth the $0.99.
Doesn’t match exact hex values - When grabbing a swatch I know to be #0257a3 it returns #0d58a0. They look almost identical so for most purposes I doubt this will be an issue, but if you’re looking to keep hex values consistent it’s something to watch out for.
Needs support for Swift and other languages - The PAW HTTP Client supports many languages using a templated code generation model. I am working in Swift now and would like to be able to get code from this app in Swift.