Current Version: 1.6.6
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 18 MB - Download
Fragment is a cool, alternative image viewer for the Desktop
• Unique HUD UI. Both attractive and useful, it keeps Your image at maximum screen real-estate.
• Fast, resizable thumbnails for all images in the current directory.
• Fast app startup and image loading; fluid onscreen image navigation.
• Unique Peek and Skim browsing options to quickly examine image folders.
• Unprecedented Animated GIFs Support with Timetrack, Reverse Play and Speed Control.
• 55+ amazing Transition effects, available for both Slideshow and normal Browsing.
• Crop, Extend And Rotate image editing options.
• Very friendly to use over a local network (NAS), because of heavy use of asynchronous operations and local caching.
• A browser-like "Back" button, to navigate the history of viewed images and directories.
• Unique Unconstrained Pan. The image can freely be moved around, without it being stuck to the edges of the window, perfect for viewing details, located on the edges or corners of the image.
• Upload And Share using either the build-in Facebook PlugIn or one of the OS X Sharing Services Providers.
• High Dynamic Range Image support (HDR, EXR, PFM, TIFF). (Will be further improved at some point)
IMPORTANT: You can TURN THE "ADVERT OVERLAY" OFF by EITHER purchasing Premium Transitions OR selecting a Free Transition!
NOTE: The application is still in active development! SEND YOUR FEATURE REQUESTs using the provided links - I implement MOST of them! Also, make sure You purchase some extra content to help Fragment grow!
Supported File Formats: JPEG (image/jpeg);TIFF (image/tiff);PNG (image/png);GIF (image/gif);TGA (image/x-tga);BMP (image/bmp);PSD (image/vnd.adobe.photoshop);JPEG 2000 (image/jp2);JNG (image/x-jng);MNG (video/x-mng);EXR (image/x-exr);HDR (image/vnd.radiance);DDS (image/x-dds);PFM (image/x-portable-floatmap);PGM (image/x-portable-graymap);PPM (image/x-portable-pixmap);PBM (image/x-portable-bitmap);CD (image/x-photo-cd);PICT (image/x-pict);IFF (image/x-iff);PCX (image/x-pcx);CMU (image/x-cmu-raster);WBM (image/vnd.wap.wbmp);CUT (image/x-cut);ILBM (image/x-ilbm);XBM (image/x-xbitmap);XPM (image/x-xpixmap);G3 (image/fax-g3);SGI (image/x-sgi);KOALA (image/x-koala);
IMPORTANT: The application is designed to work behind a sandbox. As a feature limitation the user must explicitly open the folder of the image to browse it's contents. In most cases this have to be done only once.
PLEASE, send problem reports and feature requests using the provided links! I can't get enough information from the comments on the store page, and I can get back to you from there! THANK YOU!
• Multiple Files Selection - Move To Trash and Drag-And-Drop are no longer limited to just one file!
• Advanced Thumbnails Indicators
- Last Picked Thumbs Tracking - last few thumbnails picked are highlighted for easier find in the folder.
- New Files added to the folder have their thumb marked with a bright "plus" sign, for easier find as well.
- The revamped Scrollbar now has markers for all thumbnails action including Selection, New File, and Last Picked Thumbs
• Massive list of USER REQUEST fulfilled:
- Remember Window Geometry global option.
- Always On Top option (context menu).
- Visible Pixels option ("Fit" menu).
- File Icons for assigned file types.
- Preserve Image Visual Size global option for Retina and more.
• As always, many improvements and bug fixes, including correct folder file sort and workaround for extremely slow loading on some Intel video cards.
Most Helpful Reviews
Support this developer! - Fragment has the potential to become the best image viewer in the App store. The developer continues to refine the experience, maintains a fresh, original approach. Fragment is not yet-another-chinese-knockoff type of app. I’d like to ask potential users to try Fragment, and support this developer. 5 stars : 4 stars for execution + 1 bonus star for concept
Rotten - Can't get the app to do anything whatsoever. Completely useless.
More Reviews for Current Version
Way, way too much nag ware for a simple image viewer. - All I wanted was a nice viewer, not as heavy as Photos. This looked good until the first transition…then you are endlessly asked to purchase the advanced transitions. I might have considered purchasing something later on, but it now going into the bit bucket and I'm looking for something else.
why? why? why? - what a GREAT image viewer!!!!! It will frill down through folders…read almost every type of image file...But you cant quickly open a folder and fly through any more with out the thing ANNOYING you about getting transitions pack to support the dev. I stopped using it. ill give you 2 bucks to shut it up tho.