Developer: Boinx Software
Current Version: 5.5.3
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 372 MB - Download
FotoMagico, used by thousands of professional and amateur photographers around the world, is the easiest way to create a gorgeous slideshow on your Mac, mixing photos with movies and audio, for a storytelling effect like none other. FotoMagico brings photos to life and keeps any audience at the edge of their seats.
UPGRADE INFO: If you previously purchased FotoMagico 3 or 4 from the App Store, please read https://boinx.com/how2upgrade
• Knock the socks of your audience with your live presentations
• Step up your wedding photography game and make the newlyweds happy
• Relive and retell your travel adventures
• Save a lot of time animating stills for your Final Cut Pro X projects
• Spice up your storefront window or Point of Sales signage
• Be endlessly creative and get impressive results quickly
• Make your photos and videos stand out with brilliant quality
FOTOMAGICO 5 HIGHLIGHTS
• Snippets give you a whole new way to compose complex slideshows quickly by simply choosing from a collection of pre-built story parts and adding in your own photos and videos
• Music Snippets keep you out of copyright troubles by providing free to use CC licensed music and the proper attribution
• Animation Assistant lets you choose from a variety of styles to automatically make your slideshow move
• Improved Text Editing and Text Placeholders make it a snap to express yourself. Automatically insert slideshow title, author, music title and artist or filename, EXIF metadata and more to quickly create a portfolio show.
• Audio Marker Assistant helps you to keep music and slides in perfect harmony (Pro Feature via In-App Purchase)
• Audio Volume Envelopes & Fades – the most requested new feature! Use envelopes to make parts of the music softer when you intend to speak, or if video volume should take center stage, or increase volume when you want to enhance the mood. (Pro Feature via In-App Purchase)
• Completely new dark user interface
MORE PRO FEATURES AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE
(The upgrade to Pro is available as an In-App purchase for US$49.99. Owners of previous versions of FotoMagico will receive this In-App Purchase at a reduced price or for free. More info at: https://boinx.com/how2upgrade)
• Timeline View displays the timing of the slideshow in a more intuitive way
• Extra audio track and recording mode for narration
• Direct access to Aperture and Lightroom photo libraries
• Teleprompter view supports you when giving a live presentation
• Chapters let you group your slides for a better overview
• Masks and Borders give you more creative possibilities
• Additional export options: Standalone Player, ProRes video file, custom video format
For more information, please visit our website boinx.com/fotomagico
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at [email protected] or visit the support website boinx.com/connect
• Added support for displaying Lightroom 7 Classic libraries.
• Various stability improvements and small fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
Very Flexible Slidesow App - The Pro version of this app is great. It is easy to use and very flexible. I never used it before and I was able to creae a very intracate slide show with videos and music very quickly.
More Reviews for Current Version
Nice app but Preferences/Settings are very unstable - Between surviving on a meager retirement income yet wishing to merge thousands of my photos from 20 years ago into slideshows, I sought a reasonably simple yet inexpensive slideshow app. After research and based on reviews, I decided on FotoMagico 5. I took a quick liking to it and as I gained experience with more of the features I thought I'd found the gem... HOWEVER, the euphoria faded fast... From one use to the next of the app I found instability in the Preferences and Settings. Even worse, settings would change in the middle of a project... like from 16:9 to 4k, which I only found out after 'Sharing'. And the only way to fix it was to begin another project from scratch. After contacting Boinx support they recommended flushing the app form the Mac then reinstalling FotoMagico 5. I did so and had no instability for barely a half-dozen uses before experiencing the same thing. Boinx Support asked if I could document the issue with QuickTime full-screen videos, to which I agreed. Being so inconsistent, I was unable to document opening FM5, changing all the Preferences to what I want, closing the app, reopening it and checking to see if Preferences changed or not. After many attempts over a week of use I was unable to 'document' it on video. Yet in that time, the Preferences had reset on their own at least a dozen times. Now if the problem was restricted to the overall Preferences, I could probably live with it, checking them every time I used the app and immediately after beginning a new project. But now I've found it affects EVERY setting in the app. It resets to defaults everything! Whether it is the settings for one specific slideshow, or the font type/size/color for titles, the volume of audio clips, in short, it resets everything. Needless to say this more than doubles the time to create each-and-every project. As a former (Windows) software test engineer I find this totally unacceptable! Could the issue reside wherever the Preferences & Settings information is kept? (.plist file?) Whatever, it needs to be fixed. NOTE: I acknowledge the possibility the High Sierra OS upgrade has a part to play in this issue. UPDATE Dec 9, 2017: Changing rating from 3 to 5. I'm VERY impressed with the caring & personal response from Boinx tech support. The latest update (5.5.3) appears to have resolved ALL the issues I experienced. I offer a hearty congratualtions to Boinx for responsive action... something very rare from any business in this day and age. Thank you!