Developer: Yong Chen
Current Version: 5.6.2
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 9.5 MB - Download
Folder-Factory is a basic icon tool for OS X which help you to customize, design and enhance your folder icons. With it you can combine folder icon with images, text, sketch, and shape. This will improve your system’s appearance, keep your Mac organized and improve your working productivity. You’ll no longer need to read folder names as you can now easily identify them. And at last, it has a friendly and clean UI and it's really easy to use.
- Support retina display.
- Customize, design and enhance your folder icons.
- Support all kinds of tools. For example eyedropper, fill, line, rectangle, ellipse, pen, eraser, text, image, round rectangle and so on.
- Support curved texts.
- Config line width, pen color and fill color and so on.
- Full support for transparency.
- Support shadow, gradient and reflection.
- Add text on image.
- Full support for undo/redo, cut/copy/paste.
- Support dragging and dropping any files and folders.
Note: If you have any problems, please feel free to contact us with our support email:
Fix some bugs.
1. Improve image effects.
2. Improve zooming in and out. Now you can zoom in or out the canvas to any value you want.
1. Support curved texts.
Now you can right click a curved line, round rectangle or ellipse to show the context menu and then select the "Add Curved Texts" menu command to add curved texts.
2. Support snapping automatically.
Your layers will be placed and resized properly when you move and resize them.
3. Fix some bugs.
1. Canvas rulers and grids support inches, cm and mm.
1. Support reflection.
2. Add support for effects and filters. For example, adjust colours, blur, sharpen, black and white and so on. You can apply filters to a whole image or some part of it.
3. Support alignment. You can align your layers to a layout as you want.
4. Enhance pasting. Pasted layers will be placed at your mouse's position.
Most Helpful Reviews
Very Capable Folder Designer - This app is the best I’ve seen in the Mac App Store for designing and making folders. You can use the folders provided or use any image that you have created or find for free from various websites. The editing options are vast, the interface is easy to use, and there are many options to totally customize your folders. This app os so great that folder designers are limited only by their own create skills.
No soup for you. - This app is really crappy. Waste of money.
More Reviews for Current Version
Totally Awesome!!! - It does take a little time to get use to how it works, just be patient. You’ll be happy you did if your the type that likes to full around with your folder pictures.
Paint 2 for folders - Folder Factory is Paint 2 In every way except I can’t find a way to save the new folder as a copy to use again if I need more than one. Please put together a manual for those of us that stumble around in search of an answer. The time spent guessing and redoing is debilitating. If you are going to go through the process of creating such a nice propgram take a few more days and write down how it works. please. That said. It is a good program, not as easy as you make it sound but it is cool. Thanks
I didn’t read the directions! - I’ve been using this app for quite some time. It is great because I can give all my folders the look I want them to have. It is extremely easy to use. The best I can say about the this app is I never read the instructions. It is so intuitive I love it. 😍